Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tight End Options Going Forward

For the record, Brandon Lloyd is not the best WR on the market right now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

2. Re: Tight End Options Going Forward

I'm real anxious to see how Furstenburg stacks up to the other veteran TE's we have. I think Dickson will step up as the starter, but his hands have always been hot and cold it seems. He can come down with some great catches, but drop a few easy balls in the flat that hit him right in the numbers. The one good thing about Dickson is that he can open things up down the field and has the size and speed to gain some separation. Physically, I think he can make a lot of tough grabs over the middle, but he has to be able to do it more consistently. He certainly won't be as smooth of a route runner or as good of a hands-catcher as Pitta, but I think he can create some mismatches down the field vs LB's and safeties and as long as he can hang onto the ball consistently; we'll be fine. There was glimpses (like in the SB) where Dickson shielded the defender and made some tough grabs and he runs some really nice crossing routes. I really liked the misdirection plays Caldwell ran in the postseason where Flacco would just roll right and dump it off to Dickson. It'll just be interesting to see if he can stay consistent and gain chemistry with Joe and if Furstenburg can find a role within the offense, or if Shiancoe pans out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    yes Ricky Proehl is still out there...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yes Ricky Proehl is still out there...
    That's not who I had in mind either, although I'd take him over Brandon Lloyd.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Moss was last seen leaving walking out of his home with a walker.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

A Johnny Walker...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    A Johnny Walker...
    And a hand full of touchdowns.

Blog Entries

And a hand full of touchdowns.
    Of yesteryear...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Has Moss done anything in 2yrs? I think TO has had more production than Moss in 2yrs and that aint sayin much.

We got Shancoe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am not advocating that anyone push the panic button, but I am very skeptical about some of the WRs the Ravens have on this roster. Torry Smith started in his rookie year, because anyone who saw him in practice could tell that he could play. The other WRs the Ravens have have barely seen the field over the past two years, because they were never able to make a compelling case for playing time in practice. If they were really that good, they would have gotten on the field more (even in Cam's offense).
    I think your memory is failing you.

Torrey Smith was panned for not being able to hold onto the ball throughout preseason his rookie year, and a whole lot of fans were questioning his 2nd round selection because his hands are small. Additionally, there were plenty of reports about how strong David Reed looked in practice over the years. It was the depth chart and injuries that kept him off the field, not an inability to play WR. Could the Ravens use an upgrade at WR? Probably, but the options out there may not be any better than what is already in camp. Some of those guys just might surprise you. Every year there are unknowns throughout the league who seem to make an impact, and everyone asks where the hell did that guy come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Really Shancoe?? A 34yr old TE who is slow as molasses and often injured too??smh
    I'm a bit puzzled myself. Why not bring back Heap assuming he is still in Football shape?