Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tight End Options Going Forward

You can't expect a rookie from Harvard and especially an un-drafted rookie
    from MD to step up big time to take Pitta's place. As Phil Savage said, the Juice's
    main contribution his first year will be on special teams and catch a few passes as
    TE/H-BACK and he'll be no Leach knocking heads off as lead blocker. That takes
    time to do, even for Leach.

Before this posters here had Furstenburg making the practice squad. Now
    he's the second coming at TE.

You can be sure Oz will bring in some veteran TE.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-27-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Randy McMichael Dallas Clark are the only TEs currently available with decent hands.

Both are 34 years old though.

Truthfully, Dallas Clark really had just 3 stellar season with Indy, with 600+ yards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6360/career

You know what you'll likely get with him-

He has been pretty consistent with around: 35 Receptions for 400 yards and 4 TDs for the other 7 seasons in the NFL.

Even at his age, he could probably give the Ravens that, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I hear Aaron Hernandez is available.
    I was depressed until I read this. Thank you for the good laugh, I needed it! :D :p

Blog Entries

Not only no but hell no to both

Blog Entries

We got gold sitting out there to grab
    Davon Drew is available!! :p
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Dallas Clark. He had 47 catches and 4 TDs last year. Comparatively, Pitta had 61 and 7. I don't see how that is washed up and believe he could definitely help the team as the #2. The problem of course is that he can't block, so you'd have him and Dickson and neither can block. If not him, Shiancoe, as has also been mentioned.

I am not okay with a couple rookies being relied on to pick up the slack. If we were talking a first or second round guy, okay, but we aren't. There was a reason Furstenburg was undrafted and Juice is coming from Harvard, to expect either to step in and produce at a reasonable #2 level in this offense, this year, is probably asking too much. At least that is how I feel about it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

visanthe shiancoe will be signed. He was already under consideration prior to Pitta's injury. Why is everyone so high on Fustenburg? A guy with only 60 college receptions and 5 career tds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Dallas Clark. He had 47 catches and 4 TDs last year. Comparatively, Pitta had 61 and 7. I don't see how that is washed up and believe he could definitely help the team as the #2. The problem of course is that he can't block, so you'd have him and Dickson and neither can block. If not him, Shiancoe, as has also been mentioned.

I am not okay with a couple rookies being relied on to pick up the slack. If we were talking a first or second round guy, okay, but we aren't. There was a reason Furstenburg was undrafted and Juice is coming from Harvard, to expect either to step in and produce at a reasonable #2 level in this offense, this year, is probably asking too much. At least that is how I feel about it.
    Agreed

Of course neither rookie would be like Pitta right away but come on let's see what the young guys have to prove on the field. I don't get let's bring in a vet thing. Only vet I would want to bring back is Leach.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You can't expect a rookie from Harvard and especially an un-drafted rookie
    from MD to step up big time to take Pitta's place. As Phil Savage said, the Juice's
    main contribution his first year will be on special teams and catch a few passes as
    TE/H-BACK and he'll be no Leach knocking heads off as lead blocker. That takes
    time to do, even for Leach.

Before this posters here had Furstenburg making the practice squad. Now
    he's the second coming at TE.

You can be sure Oz will bring in some veteran TE.
    Literally no one is expecting Furstenburg and Jusczyzk to "step up big time and take Pitta's place". People just expect them to be adequate backups for Ed Dickson. At least adequate enough to not warrant wasting money on a stiff like Clark or Shiancoe

Blog Entries

Except the "backup" TE isn't really a backup in this offense. The "backup" TE is going to see almost as much time as the "starter".

AW said on Twitter there is mutual interest between the Ravens and Shiancoe. So it sounds like that is who it would/will be if they want a veteran.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Did Kellen Winslow sign with the Jets?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.