Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitta injury

Blog Entries

Re: Pitta injury

Kevin Boss anyone?

Why did this have to happen on my birthday?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

iggyman555 Guest

fuck this shit i heard from a jets fan and he was happpy about it. we need dickson and frost to step up. flacco needs a blanket to hang on to

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Let's just hope the surgery was successful and he doesn't have any complications with avascular necrosis. Whether he gets back later this year or next year is really secondary for me. I just hope he gets back. :-(
    Right? From a selfish standpoint I want him back the second he can suit up. He's such a phenomenal player for us. But the personal aspect of this thing sucks. Seeing someone you watch on a weekly basis, follow on message boards and social medics, etc. go down with a very serious injury. Hurts man it hurts. My prayers go out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Have the Ravens confirmed that Pitta is definitely out for the year? I was wondering if they could use that IR designation, which would allow them to bring him back late in the year if he was able to return.
    This really depends on the meeting Pitta has with his doctors on Monday morning. If I were the Ravens I'd PUP him initially. If he responds well to surgery and initial rehabilitation proceed accordingly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    If I were the Ravens I'd PUP him initially.
    Sorry, not an option: "A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes." (source) The special-IR status (where a player can return later in the season) is a possibility, but a team only gets to put one player in that category, & I would imagine the Ravens would be very leery of using that possibilty up so early in the season (& before it's at all clear how well Pitta is responding to treatment).

In any case there's no reason to go that route--or even to remove him from active status--until the first roster cut deadline. So far as I can google, the first cutdown (to 75 players) doesn't happen until August 27. That gives the docs a month to evaluate Pitta's status.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    If I were the Ravens I'd PUP him initially.
    Sorry, not an option: "A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes." (source) The special-IR status (where a player can return later in the season) is a possibility, but a team only gets to put one player in that category, & I would imagine the Ravens would be very leery of using that possibilty up so early in the season (& before it's at all clear how well Pitta is responding to treatment).

In any case there's no reason to go that route--or even to remove him from active status--until the first roster cut deadline. So far as I can google, the first cutdown (to 75 players) doesn't happen until August 27. That gives the docs a month to evaluate Pitta's status.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

True. I knew there was some rule like that with PUP. And yes I totally agree. We still have a month until any move needs to be made.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately this is part of the risk from playing pro sports. I hope Pitta recovers and has a long and healthy career no matter how long it takes.

What was he doing when he dislocated his hip? These guys should be locked in their bedrooms during the entire off season. lol

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson just said they went up for a jump ball and he just landed funny. it was in the surgery that they discovered it was so serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by fma780 View Post
    What was he doing when he dislocated his hip? These guys should be locked in their bedrooms during the entire off season. lol
    What? Not sure if you're making a joke or unaware of how he got hurt.. He was getting hit by a fellow player at training camp, he didn't do it off the field...