Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitta injury

Re: Pitta injury

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I'm less concerned for the team, and more concerned for Pitta.

The team can control it's own fate and has some solid resources to call on.

Pitta's outcome is out of his control.
    Me too. This is a bad injury. I'm not saying he can't come back, but it's certainly not a given with the complications that can occur (like with Jackson).
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Ravens lost Quinn Sypnewski in similar fashion a few years ago.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

As ahole as this might seem, lets take a second to breathe a sigh of relief for not giving Pitta an outrageous extension in the offseason. Not looking good, I wish all the best for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by xxhighriser View Post
    As ahole as this might seem, lets take a second to breathe a sigh of relief for not giving Pitta an outrageous extension in the offseason. Not looking good, I wish all the best for him though.
    Unfortunately this is going to prove to be an expensive injury. It's a shame, Pitta isn't deserving of this misfortune.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @NFL_ATL: BREAKING: A source tells @AlbertBreer that Dennis Pitta is out for the year with a fracture in his hip. Huge loss for the @Ravens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have the Ravens confirmed that Pitta is definitely out for the year? I was wondering if they could use that IR designation, which would allow them to bring him back late in the year if he was able to return.

Whatever happened to the Shiancoe meeting?

And I agree that replacing the production total of Pitta isn't necessarily a massive problem, but the stick 'em hands on the 3rd and 4s, etc., are the issue. Who do we have as a go-to 3rd down option? Someone will need to step up massively in the reliability department, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Whatever happened to the Shiancoe meeting?

And I agree that replacing the production total of Pitta isn't necessarily a massive problem, but the stick 'em hands on the 3rd and 4s, etc., are the issue. Who do we have as a go-to 3rd down option? Someone will need to step up massively in the reliability department, imo.
    I think we are going to now use more 3 wr sets (obviously). I think we have a better chance with our receivers than signing a TE of real impact.

I'm looking to Deonte Thompson to be a playmaker. Doss/Reed may be in the mix but I'm not sold on either one.

Hands department is lacking right now though, we may just have to make for it with more explosive vertical offense hence Thompson.

this is a damn shame. seems like a great guy on and off the field. i just hope his career isn't over when it was just starting.

I am high on doss and Thompson and I see doss as that new safety valve and remember before last year Dickson was the primary TE so its his time again and he can stretch the field and easily beat a LB over the middle. At least this happens early so we have time to make adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    this is a damn shame. seems like a great guy on and off the field. i just hope his career isn't over when it was just starting.
    Agreed that would be the real travesty in all of this. At least he has a ring in his young career.

Let's just hope the surgery was successful and he doesn't have any complications with avascular necrosis. Whether he gets back later this year or next year is really secondary for me. I just hope he gets back. :-(
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    I am high on doss and Thompson and I see doss as that new safety valve and remember before last year Dickson was the primary TE so its his time again and he can stretch the field and easily beat a LB over the middle. At least this happens early so we have time to make adjustments.
    Doss has hands of stone This injury really hurts the Ravens because Pitta was the rationale behind letting Boldin go. The plan was to use Pitta more in boldin's role. Now, we don't have that possession receiver to go to on those tough third downs. If we're relying on Doss, we might as well use Mckinney on tackle eligible plays.