Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 172

Thread: Pitta injury

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Pitta injury



    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I'm less concerned for the team, and more concerned for Pitta.

    The team can control it's own fate and has some solid resources to call on.

    Pitta's outcome is out of his control.
    Me too. This is a bad injury. I'm not saying he can't come back, but it's certainly not a given with the complications that can occur (like with Jackson).
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Pitta injury

    Ravens lost Quinn Sypnewski in similar fashion a few years ago.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #63

    Re: Pitta injury

    As ahole as this might seem, lets take a second to breathe a sigh of relief for not giving Pitta an outrageous extension in the offseason. Not looking good, I wish all the best for him though.




  4. #64

    Re: Pitta injury

    Quote Originally Posted by xxhighriser View Post
    As ahole as this might seem, lets take a second to breathe a sigh of relief for not giving Pitta an outrageous extension in the offseason. Not looking good, I wish all the best for him though.
    Unfortunately this is going to prove to be an expensive injury. It's a shame, Pitta isn't deserving of this misfortune.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,988

    Re: Pitta injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @NFL_ATL: BREAKING: A source tells @AlbertBreer that Dennis Pitta is out for the year with a fracture in his hip. Huge loss for the @Ravens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have the Ravens confirmed that Pitta is definitely out for the year? I was wondering if they could use that IR designation, which would allow them to bring him back late in the year if he was able to return.




  6. #66

    Re: Pitta injury

    Whatever happened to the Shiancoe meeting?

    And I agree that replacing the production total of Pitta isn't necessarily a massive problem, but the stick 'em hands on the 3rd and 4s, etc., are the issue. Who do we have as a go-to 3rd down option? Someone will need to step up massively in the reliability department, imo.




  7. #67

    Re: Pitta injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Whatever happened to the Shiancoe meeting?

    And I agree that replacing the production total of Pitta isn't necessarily a massive problem, but the stick 'em hands on the 3rd and 4s, etc., are the issue. Who do we have as a go-to 3rd down option? Someone will need to step up massively in the reliability department, imo.
    I think we are going to now use more 3 wr sets (obviously). I think we have a better chance with our receivers than signing a TE of real impact.

    I'm looking to Deonte Thompson to be a playmaker. Doss/Reed may be in the mix but I'm not sold on either one.

    Hands department is lacking right now though, we may just have to make for it with more explosive vertical offense hence Thompson.




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Black Hole
    Posts
    361

    Re: Pitta injury

    this is a damn shame. seems like a great guy on and off the field. i just hope his career isn't over when it was just starting.




  9. #69

    Re: Pitta injury

    I am high on doss and Thompson and I see doss as that new safety valve and remember before last year Dickson was the primary TE so its his time again and he can stretch the field and easily beat a LB over the middle. At least this happens early so we have time to make adjustments.




  10. #70

    Re: Pitta injury

    Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    this is a damn shame. seems like a great guy on and off the field. i just hope his career isn't over when it was just starting.
    Agreed that would be the real travesty in all of this. At least he has a ring in his young career.




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Pitta injury

    Let's just hope the surgery was successful and he doesn't have any complications with avascular necrosis. Whether he gets back later this year or next year is really secondary for me. I just hope he gets back. :-(
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  12. #72

    Re: Pitta injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    I am high on doss and Thompson and I see doss as that new safety valve and remember before last year Dickson was the primary TE so its his time again and he can stretch the field and easily beat a LB over the middle. At least this happens early so we have time to make adjustments.
    Doss has hands of stone This injury really hurts the Ravens because Pitta was the rationale behind letting Boldin go. The plan was to use Pitta more in boldin's role. Now, we don't have that possession receiver to go to on those tough third downs. If we're relying on Doss, we might as well use Mckinney on tackle eligible plays.




  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pitta injury

    Kevin Boss anyone?




  14. #74

    Re: Pitta injury

    Why did this have to happen on my birthday?


    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!




  15. #75
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Pitta injury

    fuck this shit i heard from a jets fan and he was happpy about it. we need dickson and frost to step up. flacco needs a blanket to hang on to




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland