Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitta injury

Re: Pitta injury

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sucks but I'm glad it wasn't another concussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Just saw where Jeremy Maclin tore up his knee and will miss the season. I guess in perspective Pittas injury is just a setback
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree. Sucks that he's injured but could be worse.
    Ummm...Bo Jackson? Not saying this is career ending, but the Ravens termed this a "serious" injury.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 07-27-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Ummm...Bo Jackson? Not saying this is career ending...also don't think we can assume it is as minor we may want, either. The Ravens termed this a "serious" injury.
    Bo had an underlying blood flow problem to his femur. The dislocated hip exacerbated the condition.

Simply dislocating a hip is completely treatable.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Bo had an underlying blood flow problem to his femur. The dislocated hip exacerbated the condition.

Simply dislocating a hip is completely treatable.
    I thought the blood flow problem was a complication of the dislocation. Regardless, I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I thought the blood flow problem was a complication of the dislocation. Regardless, I hope you are right.
    You are correct.

Jackson's blood vessel damage and resulting bone necrosis were a result of the dislocation. Jackson's original injury was only a partial dislocation (called a subluxation). Blood vessel and nerve damage are not atypical in violent hip dislocations (but for some unknown reason blood supply damage is more common in partial dislocations than in full dislocations).

I don't know the particular nature of Pitta's injury but let's hope he has no such problems.
    Last edited by owknows; 07-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.

My son is in college to eventually become a physical therapist. He seems to think a hip dislocation will be a 2-4 month issue. If he is correct, Dennis won't be catching passes in week 2. I imagine there are different degrees of separation and lets hope Pitta's is less severe.

The tight end will factor in as a prominent part of our offense. I think we have enough TE talent to overcome this set back.

Speedy recovery Dennis Pitta

Blog Entries

That is unfortunate as he had the best hands on the team and the best chemistry with Joe. Dickson certainly has the ability to fill that void but the question is will he? Maybe they'll sign Shiancoe or Clark in the meantime. I think Furstenburg has potential for sure, but doubtful he's going to be a guy that is ready to contribute how a TE is expected to contribute in this offense come week one.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I would be a little surprised if they bring in a veteran. They still have Bajema, Furst, Juice, and Dickson (off the top of my head) and it's early in camp. Let's see what they've got.

If the injury turns out to need more time, then plan B might be in order but not now IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Pitta is having surgery right now according to Aaron Wilson

Blog Entries

The good thing about this is that it happen early in camp, 2nd we got talent in Juice and now this Furstenburg kid making some noise, we still got Dickson if he focus can be a very good TE so we are not at a loss, bring back leach and lets roll!

Blog Entries

The fact that he needs surgery slightly worries me. Even then my 80 year old grandfather broke his hip which needed surgery, and he was back up and moving in about 3 weeks.

Blog Entries

Damn Surgery???wtf

Quote Originally Posted by JettRavensSuperPup View Post
    My son is in college to eventually become a physical therapist. He seems to think a hip dislocation will be a 2-4 month issue. If he is correct, Dennis won't be catching passes in week 2. I imagine there are different degrees of separation and lets hope Pitta's is less severe.

The tight end will factor in as a prominent part of our offense. I think we have enough TE talent to overcome this set back.

Speedy recovery Dennis Pitta
    That's what. I'm hearing...I think 2 months and missing 3 games is likely the best scenario here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.