Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitta injury

Re: Pitta injury

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    This is Ed Dickson's moment to shine, and he will. 10+ touchdowns, 900 yards.
    Lets just hope he catches them when the game is on the line and is clutch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    Lets just hope he catches them when the game is on the line and is clutch
    Man thats the biggest question mark about the whole pass catchers right now outside of Torrey and Jacoby believe it or not yes Jacoby..???marks all over the place from slot guys to TEs now..not good right now but i have faith someone will step up.

I assume Heap has nothing left in the tank does he.

That is probably me inner Ravens homer coming out.

Those calling for Heap are fooling themselves.

He's a china doll.

Did anyone grab Chris Cooley? He filled in well last year for the Skins and I know he's looking to find a new home.

Blog Entries

Heap was done when he left Bmore

I thought Cooley retired.

I'm bummed about this. Coming into training camp the biggest question was who was Joe going to throw to. Only losing Boldin and with a bunch of WRs and TEs that it was reasonable to expect one of them to break out. Pitta was a favorite of Joe's and he'll be missed as a reliable choice on 3rd down and the red zone. Dickson is the obvious choice that you expect to get additional targets.

I read that last year the Ravens ran a 2 TE set 18% of the time last year. That puts it in the perspective that it will be manageable, but still less than ideal. I expect they will pay close attention to veterans released by other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I thought Cooley retired.
    Yup. Just googled it.

He signed a contract with the Skins broadcast team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm bummed about this. Coming into training camp the biggest question was who was Joe going to throw to. Only losing Boldin and with a bunch of WRs and TEs that it was reasonable to expect one of them to break out. Pitta was a favorite of Joe's and he'll be missed as a reliable choice on 3rd down and the red zone. Dickson is the obvious choice that you expect to get additional targets.

I read that last year the Ravens ran a 2 TE set 18% of the time last year. That puts it in the perspective that it will be manageable, but still less than ideal. I expect they will pay close attention to veterans released by other teams.
    Well more than half the season was under Cam from what we know in indy if Caldwell had anything to say bout that there then they will use alot of TE sets this year since now Caldwell is the OC for the entire year..huge blow Pitta was the only sure hands and clutch pass catcher outside of Torrey and yes Jacoby almost wish we didn't trade Q

With Boldin gone, Pitta was in line to see some more targets.

Now that Pitta's out Caldwell will have to go back to the drawing board.

Dickson and the young WRs are going to get a chance to see some of those targets. How Caldwell uses some of the personel on hand will be interesting. wonder if we see any creativity?

Rice and Pierce will likely get a heavier workload.

Wonder if this gives Wild Bill Bajema a reprieve? He looked ot be the odd man out with all the young TEs. A blocking TE, he still had some nice receptions last year in the preseason.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Wow this is crazy. First Jamal way back when and now Pitta. Its a hard pill to swallow but next man up. Time for Ed to really earn his keep and hopefully Matt F continue to impress.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

@NFL_ATL: BREAKING: A source tells @AlbertBreer that Dennis Pitta is out for the year with a fracture in his hip. Huge loss for the @Ravens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk