Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ESPN's QBR with respect to Flacco

I'm not a fan of Joe Flacco. I honestly don't care for him one way or the other.

but you'd have to be blind not to see the guy has been getting better every year. He's not going to have a high QBR, regardless how you formulate your equation. He's not going to be a top 5 QB if you're in the least bit subjective.

But he's got the tools. He seems to be pretty sharp, & like I said he continues to get better.

Only a few guys came into the league living legends. Elway, Peyton, Aaron Rodgers. The rest of them got better with time.

To me the game that exposes the QBR as being totally bunk is the divisional playoff game against the broncos last year.

This game is really all you need to know about QBR. Tebow was 4-10 for 79 yards and and a higher QBR than Rogers, who threw for 396 yards and two TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Please never mention QBR again. It's a joke.
    Really, this sums it up about as well as anyone could.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Try not to take ESPN so seriously folks.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
    Only a few guys came into the league living legends. Elway, Peyton, Aaron Rodgers. The rest of them got better with time.
    So much so that he sat behind another legend for 3 years.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Any stat that measures how much a player is "clutch", isn't a stat worth talking about.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
    I'm not a fan of Joe Flacco. I honestly don't care for him one way or the other.

but you'd have to be blind not to see the guy has been getting better every year. He's not going to have a high QBR, regardless how you formulate your equation. He's not going to be a top 5 QB if you're in the least bit subjective.

But he's got the tools. He seems to be pretty sharp, & like I said he continues to get better.

Aaron Rodgers didn't come into the league as a living legend. He sat behind Brett Favre for three years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Like everyone else said, it's a joke. Surprised no one mentioned, Flacco has the two lowest Qbrs in a game since the stat was made up, LOWER than the butt fumble game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Aaron Rodgers didn't come into the league as a living legend. He sat behind Brett Favre for three years.
    Which made him a legend.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Please never mention QBR again. It's a joke.
    I agree. Especially a QBR that was devised by ESPN.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I miss Sean Salisbury.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.