Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggs, the face of the Defense?

Surfing around the web I see a lot of Suggs interviews now. I admit, Suggs is my favorite Raven from play, always being positive and supportive about the team and for outlandish quotes. His over the top and unexpected answers I find amusing and love it when someone takes something ridiculous he said seriously. I can boycott Skip Bayless and normally never watch him, but I won't miss any interview he has with Suggs. This year though he's purposefully more serious in front of the mike than in the past. It seems to be a natural fit to have him in the spotlight with Ray's departure since he's the longest tenured player and seemingly gets great pleasure from verbal sparring. Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Suggs, the face of the Defense?

I love Sizzle (in a manly sort of way of course). He looks like a thug, plays like a beast, spices up his speech with classic film allusions like a professor of cinematography, & routinely drowns cretins like Shit-for-Brainless in their own septic tanks. I will be proudly wearing a #55 jersey on Purple Fridays & gamedays this season.

We will need leadership and models for what it means to "play like a Raven." That is the number 1 reason I want Leach back.

I think the thing about Terrell is that most uninformed fans have no clue how freaking intelligent, witty and well spoken he is. I love to watch the 'miked up' shows, and whenever they put the microphone and camera on Suggs you are guaranteed a great show. I hear players yappin on the other teams and they just seem dull, or even slow, compared to Sizzle.

I sense he feels a little cheated by last year - sure, he was injured but made it back, and they won the Super Bowl. But I get the vibe like he wanted to play a larger role in the victory. I suspect if we see a repeat this year we're all going to be talking about how Terrell rose to the top and brought everyone along with him to take the Lombardi again, and to define this victory as his instead of the 'Ray's Retirement Party' theme from last year.

Blog Entries

I'd say Suggs had a huge role in the SB win with this sack on K. Two guys tried to block him in vain. He breezed by the first blocker after a pussy hit and the second guy missed him completely
    after coming across the backfield.

Not bad after coming back from an injury but to answer the thread's question, according
    to Suggs own words he and Dumervil will be the face of the defense. Says they will make
    quite a tandem. See sack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4IY5Ivh6WU

He's the one I think of. A good leader and hard worker. Good work ethics and a great example. And he has a great sense
    of humor.

Blog Entries

Oh wait...you mean the Ravens DO have someone who can step up as a leader on and off the field?!

Wow...whodathunkit...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Suggs is now the longest serving Raven on the roster and he'll just turn 31 during the season. That's crazy.

Blog Entries

I love Sizzle. My favorite current Raven and maybe favorite overall. I love how approaches the game with the attitude that it is a game but if you're going to go out and suti up you might as well take it seriously enough to bring it every play.

I'm look forward to more interviews with Suggs. The entertainment value of his freezer full of body parts and messing with Brady over Uggs are classic. Not to mention the grilling he gave to Bayless.

Blog Entries

For the first time ever I don't have a jersey from a current player. Suggs is probably the one that I'd get.

Blog Entries

Last year, on offense, Anquan Boldin and Ray Rice were more vocal leaders. Joe Flacco was a quieter positive leader who led by example.

On defense, I can see Suggs being the vocal leader, while Ngata is that quiet presence that teammates respect and do not want to disappoint.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore