Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Party Houses

Re: Party Houses

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Minus a Packer victory.
    HAD to throw that one in there huh?

Good stuff. It will be a good game nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    We can end the argument right now. I am not trying to sound conceded at all. There will just be plenty of Packer fans there. And I never said we were going to "take over your stadium".
    OK..I am not necessarily arguing...just (like others) telling you that in the past, the visiting fans have never accounted for more than 1/10th of the crowd...maybe as you said, the Packers fans will do much better and be 25%...we'll see.

Did you get your tickets?

HAHA, well the stadiums I have went to are:

Kansas City
    Tennessee
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    St. Louis
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Seattle

We can end the argument right now. I am not trying to sound conceded at all. There will just be plenty of Packer fans there. And I never said we were going to "take over your stadium".
    I don't think you're sounding conceded at all.

I just honestly think your 25% claim is rather lofty. That would, in the context of this debate, would mean a stadium take over and it just won't happen at M&T.

In 2005, we were well on our way to a losing season when we hosted the Pack. December during a down year equals our PSL owners dump cold weather, non rival games pretty quick. I'd say, at most, there were 2,000 Packers fans at that game. And I'm being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't think you're sounding conceded at all.

I just honestly think your 25% claim is rather lofty. That would, in the context of this debate, would mean a stadium take over and it just won't happen at M&T.

In 2005, we were well on our way to a losing season when we hosted the Pack. December during a down year equals our PSL owners dump cold weather, non rival games pretty quick. I'd say, at most, there were 2,000 Packers fans at that game. And I'm being generous.
    I remember that game. Probably Kyle Boller's best game in the NFL. Threw for something for like 4 TD's and it was a blowout. 48-3 or something like that. That was also a MNF game, and everyone thought Brett Favre was retiring after that season. Madden was slobbering all over him, saying how it may be Brett's last appearance on MNF ever. Who knew he'd last another 5 years?

Seriously, I've been to almost every home game since 2008, and the best opposing fan showing I have seen was Dallas last year, and even that was probably in the 10,000 range. I'd argue Dallas has a larger national following than Green Bay, but I'm sure packfntk would disagree.

Well, I am going to defend the Packer fans on that one. The Packers were 3-10 coming into that game and it was 6 days away from Christmas. I wouldn't expect any fan base to make a huge appearance under those circumstances....although the Ravens fans did take over Miami one year 9 days before Christmas when the team was 4-9 (aka the game that got Billick fired). Of course Baltimore in December (or any other month) isn't exactly Miami.

I would expect quite a few more Packer fans for the October game.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Seriously, I've been to almost every home game since 2008, and the best opposing fan showing I have seen was Dallas last year, and even that was probably in the 10,000 range. I'd argue Dallas has a larger national following than Green Bay
    Agreed.

My wife and I flew back for that one. 10k sounds about right.

And they were FAR more obnoxious than any Yinzer fans I've encountered at M&T.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Well, I am going to defend the Packer fans on that one. The Packers were 3-10 coming into that game and it was 6 days away from Christmas. I wouldn't expect any fan base to make a huge appearance under those circumstances....although the Ravens fans did take over Miami one year 9 days before Christmas when the team was 4-9 (aka the game that got Billick fired). Of course Baltimore in December (or any other month) isn't exactly Miami.

I would expect quite a few more Packer fans for the October game.
    Yeah, good points.

Yeah they were.

Almost makes me sympathize with Deadskin fans who have to deal with them every year. Almost.

Agreed.

My wife and I flew back for that one. 10k sounds about right.

Dallas travels alright. Whenever they play at Lambeau they have a good showing. Pittsburgh travels very well, well I guess to Lambeau that is the best showing I have seen.

I just started looking at pictures from all of my trips. Man I am getting stoked for this one. We leave in 76 Days!

Dallas travels alright. Whenever they play at Lambeau they have a good showing. Pittsburgh travels very well, well I guess to Lambeau that is the best showing I have seen.
    Now you struck a nerve.....neither Dallas nor Pittsburgh fans "travel"...they are just there already. This has always been a pet-peeve of mine...and it really doesn't matter...but when an announcer says,
    And you know, Dan, Pittsburgh fans are the best traveling fans in the NLF.
    ...what he really means is
    And you know, Dan, most of these Pittsburgh fans grew up in this area and became fans when they won 4 Super Bowls in 6 years...so they always pack the house when their team is in town.
    Baltimore fans? We travel well...because outside of a 75 mile radius of Baltimore, there are very few Ravens fans (no offense Houston Raven)...it is getting better...but when we took over Dolphin stadium the last few years, or Nashville, I would bet 95% of those fans were from Baltimore.

Sorry about the rant...you touched a nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Now you struck a nerve.....neither Dallas nor Pittsburgh fans "travel"...they are just there already. This has always been a pet-peeve of mine...and it really doesn't matter...but when an announcer says, ...what he really means is

Baltimore fans? We travel well...because outside of a 75 mile radius of Baltimore, there are very few Ravens fans (no offense Houston Raven)...it is getting better...but when we took over Dolphin stadium the last few years, or Nashville, I would bet 95% of those fans were from Baltimore.

Sorry about the rant...you touched a nerve.
    HAHA, well wherever they come from. Some dude last year in Seattle started that with us. He was giving us the, "Where do you live, right in Bellville?" We said, nope, GB. He was like like, "Bullllllllll Shit. Let's see your license" so we showed him and he was shocked. Believe it or not, there will be thousands of fans from Wisconsin traveling to Baltimore that weekend, not just fans that live near.