Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Party Houses

Re: Party Houses

Look online, they are everywhere, and I know a bunch of people going to this game. There will be a bunch more than 9,000 Packer fans, plan on that. Not trying to start an argument, that is just the way it is. Packer fans travel well, so when we come to town people sell their tickets and walk away getting paid great. Every forum I hop on, the fans always say, "No way, not in our stadium", but it happens every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    There are just not that many tickets for sale from the brokers.
    Go online, they are everywhere. Endless tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    I think you're underestimating our fan base.

Back when we stunk, the Yinzers would invade and at their peek it was maybe 1/4 full of Yinzer fans. A non conference, non rival plus us coming off a Super Bowl win is not going to come close to the 1/4 you're claiming.

Just because there's tickets available on the secondary market doesn't mean they're going to be mostly bought up by Packers fans.

No, there are not endless tickets. M&T seats around 71,000. I just checked Stubhub. There are currently 2,739 tickets available for the Packers/Ravens game. Stubhub is arguably the secondary ticket site with the largest volume, so taking the others into consideration, I don't think you have more than 10,000 available in total on the secondary market.

Dude, we get it. You are a Packers fan and think you have the best, most loyal fan base in the world. But you're not taking over our stadium.

Look online, they are everywhere, and I know a bunch of people going to this game. There will be a bunch more than 9,000 Packer fans, plan on that. Not trying to start an argument, that is just the way it is. Packer fans travel well, so when we come to town people sell their tickets and walk away getting paid great. Every forum I hop on, the fans always say, "No way, not in our stadium", but it happens every single game.
    And in what stadiums did this occur?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    And in what stadiums did this occur?
    I'd like to know too.

I was at the 2005 game and no way they had a huge turnout. They traveled well, yes, but they never came close to a Yinzer invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Back when we stunk, the Yinzers would invade and at their peek it was maybe 1/4 full of Yinzer fans.
    Maybe...maybe...1/4 at old Memorial Stadium, when, as you correctly said, the Ravens stunk...and they were new and there was a bunch of old Colt / new Steeler fans...or maybe fans with conflicting loyalties.

At M&T? I have never more than maybe 1 out of 15 fans be an opposing fan. That would be 7% and that would be a lot for M&T.

If you want to see a fan base traveling well and taking over a stadium, see Ravens at Panthers from 2010. We easily had 30,000 there. That was like a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd like to know too.

I was at the 2005 game and no way they had a huge turnout. They traveled well, yes, but they never came close to a Yinzer invasion.
    Word of free advice for our new Packer fan:

If your list contains Washington, Miami, Atlanta and Arizona....you may want to strike those before posting.

Word of free advice for our new Packer fan:

If your list contains Washington, Miami, Atlanta and Arizona....you may want to strike those before posting.
    HAHA, well the stadiums I have went to are:

Kansas City
    Tennessee
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    St. Louis
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Seattle

We can end the argument right now. I am not trying to sound conceded at all. There will just be plenty of Packer fans there. And I never said we were going to "take over your stadium".

Maybe...maybe...1/4 at old Memorial Stadium, when, as you correctly said, the Ravens stunk...and they were new and there was a bunch of old Colt / new Steeler fans...or maybe fans with conflicting loyalties.

At M&T? I have never more than maybe 1 out of 15 fans be an opposing fan. That would be 7% and that would be a lot for M&T.
    I used to go to those games. When the Steelers came to Memorial stadium they would show up in huge numbers, at least 25%, probably more. I remember sitting in the stands watching fights break out all over the stadium. Sitting next to a cop who was packing, no worries. If the Pack fans get 10% at M&T, that would be an accomplishment.

Stubhub tickets are still around 2,700 with ticket prices starting at $200.00. Not as high I was expecting.

HAHA, well the stadiums I have went to are:

Kansas City
    Tennessee
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    St. Louis
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Seattle

We can end the argument right now. I am not trying to sound conceded at all. There will just be plenty of Packer fans there. And I never said we were going to "take over your stadium".
    I can see Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, and St. Louis. They are all in your region, and likely have their own resident Packer fan bases. They have better things to do in San Diego than go watch the Chargers underachieve.

But whatever happens, I have you all enjoy your experience in Baltimore. Minus a Packer victory.