Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    136

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3



    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Funniest post I've seen in a long time.
    Just speakin' the truth brother, just speaking the truth.

    BMann- I am sick of it as well. And Kaep. I want Clay to come around the edge and just BURY him in the ground week 1. If we come into SF and beat them up week 1 that will do a little bit, but not kill the hype. But on the other side, if we lose we will have to deal with "SF is Superbowl bound again, and the Packers are finished". Have to love the media.




  2. #17
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Just speakin' the truth brother, just speaking the truth.

    BMann- I am sick of it as well. And Kaep. I want Clay to come around the edge and just BURY him in the ground week 1. If we come into SF and beat them up week 1 that will do a little bit, but not kill the hype. But on the other side, if we lose we will have to deal with "SF is Superbowl bound again, and the Packers are finished". Have to love the media.
    hows the pack running game going to look this year?




  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    136

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    hows the pack running game going to look this year?
    Well the fan base has been begging for the brass to address it and obviously they did this year. As I stated in another thread we had two 1st round OL out on IR. Our line has been suspect to say the least, but we haven't had a decent back in years.

    With Lacy/Franklin we now have what I consider to be serviceable backs. We don't need anyone to come out and rush for 1500 yards, we just need some production to grind teams out with a lead. We had double digit leads going into the 4th quarter last year 9 times. We weren't able to sustain a running game so we reverted to passing to close games out.

    I think we should be fine. It will be slightly improved in year 1 and move from that. Any improvement will help ARod leaps and bounds.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,158
    How the Fuck are the BroncHoes ranked ahead of the Ravens? I think aside from WR, we are better or even at almost every other position.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    How the Fuck are the BroncHoes ranked ahead of the Ravens? I think aside from WR, we are better or even at almost every other position.
    I'd say their secondary is better than ours, given Webb is a question mark right now and we've lost Reed.

    Their additions of ex Chargers is pretty impressive as well.

    I don't have an issue with them at #2 right now. But that's the problem with power ranking. It can all change next week.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    795

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    How the Fuck are the BroncHoes ranked ahead of the Ravens? I think aside from WR, we are better or even at almost every other position.
    They have Mr. October, Peyton Manning, who will be lights out while the weather is warm and they can play the Chiefs and Raiders. Come next January when the playoffs start it will be time to readjust their rankings.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    They have Mr. October, Peyton Manning, who will be lights out while the weather is warm and they can play the Chiefs and Raiders. Come next January when the playoffs start it will be time to readjust their rankings.
    Exactly. The playoff choke artist Manning will light up average to below average teams throughout the year, rack up blow outs, etc. But when the competition level goes up, e.g. Atlanta last year, New England last year, Houston last year, Ravens in the playoffs, you can count on him to make mistakes




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,342
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    In some ways, I can see it. In other ways, I can't see it. They gained Shaun Philips, but is he really a 4-3 guy anymore? He's been in a 3-4 for a long time. He's still not the pass rusher that Dumerville is and Von Miller will now be suspended for four games. Their secondary is not spectacular to me.

    On the other hand, Peyton can be in better rhythm with the Broncos offense now and Welker will be a welcome addition.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In some ways, I can see it. In other ways, I can't see it. They gained Shaun Philips, but is he really a 4-3 guy anymore? He's been in a 3-4 for a long time. He's still not the pass rusher that Dumerville is and Von Miller will now be suspended for four games. Their secondary is not spectacular to me.

    On the other hand, Peyton can be in better rhythm with the Broncos offense now and Welker will be a welcome addition.
    I think they will struggle to run the ball against our front too. They let go of McGahee, and will rely on a rookie who didn't even look that special at Wisconsin, an unreliable Moreno, and Hillman who got stuffed and nearly every attempt playing us in the play offs. The Broncos have a nice quick tempo pass blocking Oline, but as run blockers, they're just average. Granted we don't have Ray Lewis and Dannel Elerbe to stuff the run anymore, however we now have Ngata playing at NT, Canty playing at DE, Upshaw will be in for running downs, and we don't need to talk about Suggs' level of play in run defense. The Broncos are going to have to air it out as much as they can, because they're running game is going to be stuffed. I can see us outmuscling them on both sides of the ball.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Funny how Flacco's demise is directly tied to Boldin. As one poster on PFT put it...
    barbasol11111111 says:Jul 23, 2013 3:04 PM

    For the record, Boldin is not some Calvin Johnson-esque guy who will catch anything you throw remotely near him.

    Hes a tough, great WR, but the QB must throw him open. He had a lot of problems with press/man coverage and would disappear for long stretches.

    He led the Ravens in receptions the same way Derick Mason would, completely unspectacular.

    The guy is great and was especially awesome in the playoffs, but Flacco has as much to do with his playoff success as he does. You need a lot of touch and accuracy to put it somewhere to allow him to separate and find the ball.

    Hoping Doss can prove to be a good #2/possession receiver, Smith can improve, Jones can stay in the slot, Pitta/Dickson can add versatility, and the unproven/inexperienced guys with crazy measurables (Thompson/Streeter) turn out to be more than just workout freaks.

    Cheers.

    I didn't have to say it twice for myself. Well put IMO.
    I can't agree with that. While Boldin isn't (and wasn't) Megatron, he made tough, contested catches. Especially down the stretch. Since the playoff run, I've wondered if he didn't have some nagging injury during the third quarter of the season, as his production severely dropped off. But Flacco didn't have to throw Boldin open, especially in the playoffs. When a corner is in position to put his hand on the receiver's chest between the ball and the receiver, the receiver wasn't open, thrown or otherwise. Flacco made great throws where he needed to, and Boldin made great catches.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I can't agree with that. While Boldin isn't (and wasn't) Megatron, he made tough, contested catches. Especially down the stretch. Since the playoff run, I've wondered if he didn't have some nagging injury during the third quarter of the season, as his production severely dropped off. But Flacco didn't have to throw Boldin open, especially in the playoffs. When a corner is in position to put his hand on the receiver's chest between the ball and the receiver, the receiver wasn't open, thrown or otherwise. Flacco made great throws where he needed to, and Boldin made great catches.
    I don't think you know what "throw him open" means. What you described, where Boldin had a DB on him and Flacco got him the ball by putting it where Boldin could box out and get it, is the definition of throwing someone open and was basically the only way for Joe to get Boldin the ball.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    136

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I don't think you know what "throw him open" means. What you described, where Boldin had a DB on him and Flacco got him the ball by putting it where Boldin could box out and get it, is the definition of throwing someone open and was basically the only way for Joe to get Boldin the ball.
    See I side with bacchys on this one. Boldin made some great catches that Flacco did indeed lay up for him. A lot of the plays I saw in the playoff games were Boldin "making it happen". Not to say that Flacco didn't get him the ball, but some of those passes could have gone the other way. We used to praise Favre for the same thing when the WR made the play, but if the WR didn't make a HELL of an effort, we were left scratching our heads thinking, "he was so covered, why did he throw that ball?"




  13. #28

    Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

    Boldin was a square peg fitting in a round hole in Cam's offense. His strengths (over the middle) didn't fit in the Cam system. That's why you got a 6 for 115yd with Boldin one game, and then the next game was 2 catches for 30.

    Let's just explain our offense as DC/AC. During Cam and After Cam.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland