Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: PFT Ranks Ravens Number 3

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Florio is a lifelong Vikings fan, FWIW.
    I stand corrected...

I think many preseason power rankings do automatically rank the Champs at #1 until they lose a game, which seems fair to me. Then again, the Ravens have had the biggest roster turnover of any Super Bowl Champ ever, so dropping them a spot or two seems justifiable... I guess. The only ranking that matters of course is who holds the hardware at season's end, and until someone takes it from us...

I am getting tired of the 49ers slobber-fest, though. They were a blown transformer away from getting completely blown off the Superdome turf a few months ago, yet now they're the best team in the league. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    And Florio is a Viking fan, HATES the Packers....... DICK.
    Funniest post I've seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Funniest post I've seen in a long time.
    Just speakin' the truth brother, just speaking the truth.

BMann- I am sick of it as well. And Kaep. I want Clay to come around the edge and just BURY him in the ground week 1. If we come into SF and beat them up week 1 that will do a little bit, but not kill the hype. But on the other side, if we lose we will have to deal with "SF is Superbowl bound again, and the Packers are finished". Have to love the media.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Just speakin' the truth brother, just speaking the truth.

BMann- I am sick of it as well. And Kaep. I want Clay to come around the edge and just BURY him in the ground week 1. If we come into SF and beat them up week 1 that will do a little bit, but not kill the hype. But on the other side, if we lose we will have to deal with "SF is Superbowl bound again, and the Packers are finished". Have to love the media.
    hows the pack running game going to look this year?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    hows the pack running game going to look this year?
    Well the fan base has been begging for the brass to address it and obviously they did this year. As I stated in another thread we had two 1st round OL out on IR. Our line has been suspect to say the least, but we haven't had a decent back in years.

With Lacy/Franklin we now have what I consider to be serviceable backs. We don't need anyone to come out and rush for 1500 yards, we just need some production to grind teams out with a lead. We had double digit leads going into the 4th quarter last year 9 times. We weren't able to sustain a running game so we reverted to passing to close games out.

I think we should be fine. It will be slightly improved in year 1 and move from that. Any improvement will help ARod leaps and bounds.

How the Fuck are the BroncHoes ranked ahead of the Ravens? I think aside from WR, we are better or even at almost every other position.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    How the Fuck are the BroncHoes ranked ahead of the Ravens? I think aside from WR, we are better or even at almost every other position.
    I'd say their secondary is better than ours, given Webb is a question mark right now and we've lost Reed.

Their additions of ex Chargers is pretty impressive as well.

I don't have an issue with them at #2 right now. But that's the problem with power ranking. It can all change next week.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    They have Mr. October, Peyton Manning, who will be lights out while the weather is warm and they can play the Chiefs and Raiders. Come next January when the playoffs start it will be time to readjust their rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    They have Mr. October, Peyton Manning, who will be lights out while the weather is warm and they can play the Chiefs and Raiders. Come next January when the playoffs start it will be time to readjust their rankings.
    Exactly. The playoff choke artist Manning will light up average to below average teams throughout the year, rack up blow outs, etc. But when the competition level goes up, e.g. Atlanta last year, New England last year, Houston last year, Ravens in the playoffs, you can count on him to make mistakes

Blog Entries

In some ways, I can see it. In other ways, I can't see it. They gained Shaun Philips, but is he really a 4-3 guy anymore? He's been in a 3-4 for a long time. He's still not the pass rusher that Dumerville is and Von Miller will now be suspended for four games. Their secondary is not spectacular to me.

On the other hand, Peyton can be in better rhythm with the Broncos offense now and Welker will be a welcome addition.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In some ways, I can see it. In other ways, I can't see it. They gained Shaun Philips, but is he really a 4-3 guy anymore? He's been in a 3-4 for a long time. He's still not the pass rusher that Dumerville is and Von Miller will now be suspended for four games. Their secondary is not spectacular to me.

On the other hand, Peyton can be in better rhythm with the Broncos offense now and Welker will be a welcome addition.
    I think they will struggle to run the ball against our front too. They let go of McGahee, and will rely on a rookie who didn't even look that special at Wisconsin, an unreliable Moreno, and Hillman who got stuffed and nearly every attempt playing us in the play offs. The Broncos have a nice quick tempo pass blocking Oline, but as run blockers, they're just average. Granted we don't have Ray Lewis and Dannel Elerbe to stuff the run anymore, however we now have Ngata playing at NT, Canty playing at DE, Upshaw will be in for running downs, and we don't need to talk about Suggs' level of play in run defense. The Broncos are going to have to air it out as much as they can, because they're running game is going to be stuffed. I can see us outmuscling them on both sides of the ball.