Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: “Now, we’ll find out if little Johnny can coach.”

Considering the "little" comment, I feel like it has to be Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Considering the "little" comment, I feel like it has to be Rex.
    The only way we know for sure if it was Rex is if John was called "Little Foot".

Blog Entries

AFC coaches when Ray announced retirement:

Joe Philbin (Miami Dolphins)
    Bill Belichick (New England Patriots)
    Rex Ryan (New York Jets)
    Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
    Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)
    Gary Kubiak (Houston Texans)
    Chuck Pagano (Indianapolis Colts)
    Mike Munchak (Tennessee Titans)
    John Fox (Denver Broncos)
    Dennis Allen (Oakland Raiders)

Let's cross off some obvious ones. Wouldn't be Pagano. I'd figure it's not a rookie HC, so shouldn't be Dennis Allen, Philbin, or Munchak, seems unlikely. So does Belichek really, because he reccomended him for the job.

So what's left...Tomlin, Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, John Fox, and Kubiak. Strongest money would go on Rex, next up would probably be Tomlin or Lewis from their AFCN rivalries (More on Tomlin than Marvin Lewis, Marvin seems to have more respect for John). Could've been Kubiak from the times we beat up on Houston before last year, but not likely.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Who are we kiddin, it was Rex. He's the only one stupid enough to say something like that. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and never had any personal animosity towards him with respect to the time he spent here working to make the Ravens better. But I'm done with that idiot. I hope they go 0-16 and they make him suffer through all 16 games and then shitcan him on Black Monday. Then he can spout off like his brother did about being unemployed for 5 minutes while he waits for a month with no offers. Screw him. I am so so glad that Bish went with Harbaugh and brought professionalism to this team. Rex is a clown who's team's are a circus.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    If it really was an AFC coach, any speculation as to who?
    Do you honestly believe that any coach confides in Mike Preston?

Rex Ryan is a loudmouth. He wouldn't hide behind Preston. He'd come out and say it like all the dumb shit he's constantly talking about.

Tomlin and Marvin are too classy to do something like this. Belechick doesn't talk to anyone.
    Last edited by GOTA; 07-24-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries

I can't take anything Preston says seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

GOTA brings up a good point, Rex is not smart enough to hide behind the media.

Besides, if it's even true, when Preston says coach he could be talking about any assistant out there. Now, would an assistant say something like that under anonymity? It's certainly possible.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

A coach told this to Preston and pigs fly

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I believe that the comment is really a misquote. I think what Mike Preston meant was that a wannabe coach and current opinion piece writer for a certain local newspaper's sports section said to himself, "Now, we'll find out if little Johnny can coach, because I know I should be on that staff right now."

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

ab-
    Ya beat me to the punch, mon ami! I was literally getting ready to type in thoughts similar to that and others - who in the wide world of sports is leaking snide remarks to Mike Preston, of all people?

And if you think about this in context, IMHO only someone who is distraught about Harbaugh's success at a personal level would tend to think/comment like that. Sure, every HC in the league is probably a bit "jealous" of Harbaugh, but what would motivate a head coach (and I'm assuming from what I've read in this thread that that is the role we are hearing about) to offer such a shitty remark, knowing that it would be publicized if one were to make it to a "national beat reporter".

Further, why wouldn't anybody with a hair on their ass not cast these (again, IMHO) misguided aspersions at Ozzie and the Ravens owner? Sure, be jealous and piss on the guy who got the job, but if you haven't got the balls to criticize the guys who made the selection of Harbaugh in the same breath (maybe because you wouldn't want to alienate the guys who MIGHT suddenly decide to switch coaches in midstream??? Right!), please refer to wickedsolo comments, post #2...

Blog Entries

If someone wrote with 'icing' on a donut "AFC COACH" held it up to their ear, I am sure they could get all sorts of quotes from it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    GOTA brings up a good point, Rex is not smart enough to hide behind the media.

Besides, if it's even true, when Preston says coach he could be talking about any assistant out there. Now, would an assistant say something like that under anonymity? It's certainly possible.
    That is the first thing I thought but the reference is to an AFC Head Coach. When I read the quote I first thought of Hue Jackson until I saw the HC reference.

Either way, IF it were true (and considering the source that is a big IF), then whoever says something like that is not a professional. Of course, birds of a feather flock together, so one unprofessional person talking to another is credible.
    Captain Offense