Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 868788
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 1056

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Heard something on SXMNFL Radio the resonated with me today.

Mellette running with the 1's may not be the great scenario everyone thinks it is or indicative of great practices.

It could also be a "put up or shut up" type situation for him. Pat Kirwin believes that's the case with him, saying he's known many HC's who will put a guy in with the first team as a last straw kind of scenario. He cited the early reports from camp that he wasn't having much success early on, thus the coaches are now justifying the draft pick and throwing him to the wolves. Make or break.

Makes sense but I'm not sure I buy it fully. Just thought it was an interesting perspective. Kirwin believe Mellette will be anywhere from the 5th WR to a practice squad guy this year.
    I don't buy that. If it was Doss I could see that scenario. Mellette was a 7th rounder many did not think would make the team. If they were doing that it would be to shut up the fans clamoring for him to start. I don't know if he will work out but I also don't think they are running him with the ones as a last straw. It just doesn't make sense to me with him being a 7th round rookie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Heard something on SXMNFL Radio the resonated with me today.

Mellette running with the 1's may not be the great scenario everyone thinks it is or indicative of great practices.

It could also be a "put up or shut up" type situation for him. Pat Kirwin believes that's the case with him, saying he's known many HC's who will put a guy in with the first team as a last straw kind of scenario. He cited the early reports from camp that he wasn't having much success early on, thus the coaches are now justifying the draft pick and throwing him to the wolves. Make or break.

Makes sense but I'm not sure I buy it fully. Just thought it was an interesting perspective. Kirwin believe Mellette will be anywhere from the 5th WR to a practice squad guy this year.
    Not even entertaining this notion at all, jacoby inconsistent, Doss major disappointment hence the stokely move, Thompson hurt and Reid showing nothing outside of special teams..the team has never done this with other late round reciever as far i know, even when all we had was Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton, i don't remember Clarence Moore running with the 1s or Elon Riley or not even Devard Darling as much. Outside of Torrey Smith who else is lighing it up? If they FO and coaching staff had that muh confidence in the crop they wouldn't sign Stokely and Melette wouldn't even see time with the 1s at all give that he's a 7th rounder if anything it shows the current recieving corp vets outside of Torrey that they are a sorry bunch of muthafuckas letting a 7th round rookie show them up, the fact that he is eating up DBs is every which way shows that the wanna see more of Melette than Doss, Reid and Jones at this point. Melette has done more than Doss and Reid combined right now.

Blog Entries

Clarence Moore actually got into some games. He lost the Cinci game allowing them to come back late after he caught the ball but didn't crawl forward for the first down. He was afraid of extending his arm and got the name allegator arms.

That play kept us out of the POs.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wagner has been really good at LT against second and third tier guys...saying he could start at LT right now is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Love the potential, but I don't know about starter. Maybe next year.
    Next year will be just fine. And we'll have Jensen then, too. And Kapron-Moore (SP?) The future is bright

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Clarence Moore actually got into some games. He lost the Cinci game allowing them to come back late after he caught the ball but didn't crawl forward for the first down. He was afraid of extending his arm and got the name allegator arms.

That play kept us out of the POs.
    I remember he alligator armed at least 3 passes in the opening night Colts game in 2005...the game where Boller got hurt and fans cheered.

I was waiting for his "for who, for what?" Statement to the media after the game.

What a coward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Why would the coaching staff throw a 7th round pick to the wolves? Those guys hardly make the team anyways if not stashed on the PS for development if they show promise. Like i said if anything it shows how sorry the rest of the receivers are outside of Torrey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Why would the coaching staff throw a 7th round pick to the wolves? Those guys hardly make the team anyways if not stashed on the PS for development if they show promise. Like i said if anything it shows how sorry the rest of the receivers are outside of Torrey.
    To be fair, and Deonte Thompson. There's no reason to assume Thompson is a sorry player. Well, unless if his one drop in the rain is enough to prove he's worthless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    To be fair, and Deonte Thompson. There's no reason to assume Thompson is a sorry player. Well, unless if his one drop in the rain is enough to prove he's worthless.
    Thats why i said Thompson hurt..it was more in line of Reed and Doss

I'm pretty happy with this draft class overall. I remember on draft night this board and the experts weren't particularly happy with the Wagner pick because his stock had fallen. But i agree with the mellette notion, he's earned the playing time with the ones by being better than his competition. Well see come Thursday

Blog Entries

I heard the segment too. It wasn't put like that, that it's 'perform or you're out'. Let's face it, he's likely out anyway as a 7th, so it was more along the lines of here's your chance kid, let's see what you've got.

I agree he's likely PS candidate but with this bunch, somebody has to step up... don't they?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Thats why i said Thompson hurt..it was more in line of Reed and Doss
    Oh okay, I was just saying in general.

I split it up like this:

Promising: Mellette, Deonte, Laquan
    Hmm: Marlon Brown
    unlikely to succeed: Reed, Doss

Mellette, Deonte, and Laquan look like the most natural receivers to me.

Blog Entries

This yahoo link lists the top performers of camp in 2 pre-season games. No real
    surprises mentioning D. Smith as possibly the Ravens best signing and the rise
    of #7 pick Mellette.

But Ricky Wagner? I've read nothing about him but he has been playing a good LT
    in both pre-season games. He was a good lineman at Wisconsin but had a poor Sr
    year and was injured but now could be our future LT replacing Mc Kinney.

He could be the steal of the draft's third day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/baltimo...214000447.html