Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8283848586 ... LastLast
Results 997 to 1,008 of 1056

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

I think this was the last day for media access I think...so the media reports likely have ended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Mellette seems to be the most deserving guy of the #2 role to this point. I just wonder if they will actually give him that position being a late round rookie out of Elon. But, if he is showing he can handle it, hopefully they go with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think this was the last day for media access I think...so the media reports likely have ended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I think camp breaks tomorrow anyway. Usually, "camp" is over by the 3rd preseason game, and Wednesday would be a walkthrough for Thursdays game. Garrett Dowling of BR.com said on the Camp Report video that tomorrow would be their final Camp Report.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Overall I am really encouraged by all of the reports about mellette! Even if he doesn't crack the top 3 or 4 he now has a lot of confidence. I really hope that Thompson will be able to bounce back. He till has a chance to contribute since stokely pretty much took doss' spot. I think doss will be a candidate for n IR. Funny how things change. Thursday I would love to see fursty get some time with the ones, I think he has earned it as well. I'm really happy to hear about brown as well, seems like we have some guys that have taken advantage if their opportunities. Confidence is key and consistency will come

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think camp breaks tomorrow anyway. Usually, "camp" is over by the 3rd preseason game, and Wednesday would be a walkthrough for Thursdays game. Garrett Dowling of BR.com said on the Camp Report video that tomorrow would be their final Camp Report.
    I think Camp officially broke last week...guys have been going home after practices for a while now. But I read somewhere that the team was starting to implement some stuff for Denver too so it makes sense.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    If Dickson is back by game 1 it certainly hurts his chances. For now I have to assume he's still missing game #1 as previously reported.
    Previously reported, or just previously speculated in a few opinion pieces - or perhaps on this board? Sometimes partial information takes on a life of its own on the internet. I am always skeptical of informational reports during preseason, including the progress of young WRs. We as fans want to see something happen, so we tend to take any bit of factual information and run with it until it becomes more than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Previously reported, or just previously speculated in a few opinion pieces - or perhaps on this board? Sometimes partial information takes on a life of its own on the internet. I am always skeptical of informational reports during preseason, including the progress of young WRs. We as fans want to see something happen, so we tend to take any bit of factual information and run with it until it becomes more than it really is.
    BALTIMORE — Injured tight end Ed Dickson expressed some doubt Sunday when asked whether his partially torn hamstring will be healthy in time for the Ravens’ season opener against the Denver Broncos Sept. 5.
    Baltimore coach John Harbaugh emphasized last week that Dickson is expected back by the first game, but Dickson said Sunday that the hamstring is still sore and that there is no clear timetable for when he’ll be able to return to the field.
    http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bl...a4bcf887a.html
    Read into what you want. He has 18 days and I hope he's ready. Better to ease him back than risk re-injury.

He won't be ready. Harbaugh is "engaging in coachspeak" (read: lying) and keeping the door open to force the Broncos to study film of him and gameplan for him. My money's on Dallas Clark to be the starting TE week 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In Wicked we Trust.
    I just liked the kids attitude and skill set. Didn't think it would be long for him to transition.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Exactly my point. We read into things and then run with them as if there is anything definitive there, yet we really don't know. It's just a guess unless one has some inside information that few of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    He won't be ready. Harbaugh is "engaging in coachspeak" (read: lying) and keeping the door open to force the Broncos to study film of him and gameplan for him. My money's on Dallas Clark to be the starting TE week 1.
    Good luck with that Broncos. No telling what we'll see on 9-5 aside from Torrey, and it looks like they expanded the playbook for him too.

I've got a suspicion there's someone they've kept under wraps and have been playing with the media to conceal it.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Exactly my point. We read into things and then run with them as if there is anything definitive there, yet we really don't know. It's just a guess unless one has some inside information that few of us do.
    Agreed. I'm not certain about much right now, just throwing out thoughts. We are a dangerous bunch to be left to our imagination.