Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8081828384 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I don't think Pees has ever had the toys he has now to play with on this team. Not just starters, but quality depth. Even a conservative guy like him can't overlook the versatility at his disposal.
    I agree. Pees has flexibility up front, and speed and performance at the 2nd level. He'll have some killer gameplans...and results, if guys communicate and execute.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Agreed. If the defense under achieves this year, we will definitely have to look at someone new for the DC job. Ozzie has done everything he can to build one of the most talented defenses in the NFL in one off-season. Anything outside of the top 10 in rankings would be unacceptable imo.
    With all the new faces and new places, Pees deserves some rope though...and I think he'll get it. I keep banging this drum, I know, but until guys know each other's reads and tendencies, the unit will struggle to act as one. Expect some struggles early on, particularly vs. dynamic offenses like DEN and GB.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Dickson back practicing. If things go well he should be ready for the opener. Hammies are tricky. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With all the new faces and new places, Pees deserves some rope though...and I think he'll get it. I keep banging this drum, I know, but until guys know each other's reads and tendencies, the unit will struggle to act as one. Expect some struggles early on, particularly vs. dynamic offenses like DEN and GB.
    I am a big DP fan.......he may not be aggressive enough, but Harbaugh can push him.
    Other than that is all about the OL......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 2m
    Watch @Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti on Ravens Practice Live right now: http://www.rvns.co/ap

Quick note: Bisciotti said that Elam was 16th on their board. Arthur was 23rd.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Dickson back practicing. If things go well he should be ready for the opener. Hammies are tricky. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Good news.

Blog Entries

Shiancoe is in a tough spot. Dickson will only miss two games at the most, or so it seems. As long as Clark is healthy, you know what you are getting from him. Those are your two veterans. Shiancoe's veteran status isn't going to help him if he doesn't stop playing like a rookie. He was never really a blocker or a burner. He was always a lanky pass catcher. Well, now, he's not even catching the ball.

Furstenburg is more athletic, a better blocking prospect and is doing a better job of catching the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Shiancoe is in a tough spot. Dickson will only miss two games at the most, or so it seems. As long as Clark is healthy, you know what you are getting from him. Those are your two veterans. Shiancoe's veteran status isn't going to help him if he doesn't stop playing like a rookie. He was never really a blocker or a burner. He was always a lanky pass catcher. Well, now, he's not even catching the ball.

Furstenburg is more athletic, a better blocking prospect and is doing a better job of catching the ball.
    I think Shiancoe is gone. Clark will be the starter until he's back with Bajema/Furst manning the 2nd and 3rd spot. When Dickson is back Bajema will be moved

And that's not counting the work that Juice will do at the H-back position. I'm not classifying him as a TE but he'll be in that gorup of guys
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I think Shiancoe is gone. Clark will be the starter until he's back with Bajema/Furst manning the 2nd and 3rd spot. When Dickson is back Bajema will be moved

And that's not counting the work that Juice will do at the H-back position. I'm not classifying him as a TE but he'll be in that gorup of guys
    I agree. Especially if Dickson is a full go for week 1.

Blog Entries

I want to see Clark in game action first. Shiancoe hasn't shown much, but the reason he'd be expenable is based on the assumption that Clark is able to fit right in catching from Flacco and all. If he has the same trouble Shiancoe does, we'll have to see which one gets up to speed first.

But yeah, Shiancoe is dangerously hanging on the bubble right now.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Shiancoe is on the fence, I agree. I've been over it already but the 2 targets in the last game were bad passes from Joe and is he's getting a lot of flack for drops. One was completely uncatchable and the other would have been a very tough catch. He was wide open on both with good separation. Joe doesn't miss that badly often. Last practice he caught a pass from Joe that split defenders for a TD and we hear crickets. He's thrown a bad pass and he gets blamed for a drop. He made a few decent blocks and more crickets. While I'm not high on him or particularly like him, I do think he's been demonized a bit. I'm sure the coaches are going to be objective when they make the cuts.

If Dickson is back by game 1 it certainly hurts his chances. For now I have to assume he's still missing game #1 as previously reported. Without Dickson we have Fursty and Juice as rookies and although they look good, they are rookies entering a big stage in game #1. Are they comfortable with a solid verteran in Clark at 34 and who has limited time with the offense with the 2 rookies at TE? Maybe they do, but I'm sure it's a concern if they do. Don't be shocked if he makes the roster and put him at around 50/50 right now.

Blog Entries
    If Dickson can come back healthy, the receiving talent suddenly becomes solid. Obviously it won't be what it was in the play offs with Boldin and Pitta.... But you're looking at Torrey, and Stoke at WR. Stoke will play the Boldin role, Torrey will do what he does, and will be the number 1 guy this year. We will play with two TE sets when we're out of the I formation, that will be with Dickson as the true TE, and Clark playing the Pitta role. It's not great but it should be good enough. I expect we will do some creative things in the run game too.