Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7879808182 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I really think the Ravens should just take the risk and say goodbye to Doss. If he isn't better than Mellette or Brown, the Ravens are better off going with their untapped potential. If they don't produce, they still match anything Doss has done. Add to that the fact that David Reed and LaQuan Williams are both far superior special teams players, and what does Doss really bring to the table that Mellette, Brown, Reed and Williams don't already provide to the team? I wish all players in Ravens' jerseys would play great, but there isn't room for everyone.
    I hate feeling this way about our players, but I agree.

I just fail to what he brings to the table that others don't other than his draft position.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Here is the highlight video from todays practice with Mellette and Juices TD grabs.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...c-164f8e536e0a

Didn't see anything about Furst. Could it be that the coaches do not want to show what he has so they can sneak him onto PS?

Blog Entries

Nice to see Brown and Mellette getting the reps.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Didn't see anything about Furst. Could it be that the coaches do not want to show what he has so they can sneak him onto PS?
    Or he could've just had an average practice.

I was pretty high on him, but starting to think he won't make the team and will go PSq instead. Thinking they are going to treat Juszczyk as a TE more than a FB this year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Nice article on the last preseason game, take it for what it's worth. It's a bullet point list of observations that attempts to be an analysis of a impartial observer.
    Huff
    S Huff is not an attacker. Slow in reaction and pursuit. Ihedigbo played much better and faster. Huff may end up being the 3rd safety on the depth chart fairly soon.
    Smith
    CB Smith is outmatched vs. WR Jones (as many CBs are). Smith isn’t physical and isn’t pressing which is often leaving him in a trail position with no chance to maintain with one of the NFL’s best WRs.
    I disagree that he's not physical, but I can see how that conclusion was made by watching the game.

Offensive observation
    It’s very clear the Ravens aren’t running their normal offense. Everything is short and easy. No downfield throws or even very many deep routes. Super vanilla.
    I agree totally with this and most points.
    http://nflphilosophy.com/nfl-preseas...timore-ravens/

Blog Entries

Not Ravens related but I've been down on Steven Jackson ever since he ruined my fantasy team 2 years ago. Sounds like he might be a quiet steal in Atlanta.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Nice article on the last preseason game
    Good read, but I think the notes on Shiancoe could spell why he's in danger of making the team. He's probably had the most opportunities to build chemistry with Flacco, yet seems to have less chemistry than Furstenburg and maybe even Clark. I'm not saying Furstenburg would make the team, but I think Shiancoe is going to be 3rd at best on the TE chart, and that 3rd spot will probably come down more to blocking. If Shiancoe can block better than Bajema and Furstenburg, fine, but if not, may find himself on the outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Not Ravens related but I've been down on Steven Jackson ever since he ruined my fantasy team 2 years ago. Sounds like he might be a quiet steal in Atlanta.
    It's sort of related since it based on how he looked against our D. He did look good, but I don't think we saw our A game on both sides of the ball. Atlanta's run game really has no where to go but up from last year. It's easy to see he'll be a big upgrade.

Nice article on the last preseason game, take it for what it's worth. It's a bullet point list of observations that attempts to be an analysis of a impartial observer.
    Huff
    SmithI disagree that he's not physical, but I can see how that conclusion was made by watching the game.

Offensive observationI agree totally with this and most points.
    Not the first time I've heard stuff like that about Huff.

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN 1h
    Wondering how long it will take until #Ravens safety M. Huff's tackling issues lead to a reduction in play time.
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Along with leaving our corners out to dry, we need Huff to pick it up. I always thought it'd be Ihegbido's spot that Elam took, but he's played pretty well...it very well could be Huff's.

Granted, he's coming out of an archaic defensive system in Oakland and it may just be that he needs time to adjust to the way we play defense here, but I'm not impressed so far
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Good read, but I think the notes on Shiancoe could spell why he's in danger of making the team. He's probably had the most opportunities to build chemistry with Flacco, yet seems to have less chemistry than Furstenburg and maybe even Clark. I'm not saying Furstenburg would make the team, but I think Shiancoe is going to be 3rd at best on the TE chart, and that 3rd spot will probably come down more to blocking. If Shiancoe can block better than Bajema and Furstenburg, fine, but if not, may find himself on the outs.
    Clark is already running with the 1s and with Dickson is out for at least the first game. How comfortable are they with Clark at 34 and Furstenburg as a rookie as their only receiving TEs available against Denver? It comes down to him or Bajema. Bajema is not much of a threat offensively and played 2012 without a catch. I'd like to see them keep 4 and they can let someone go in week 8 for Asa. By then Furstenburg should be groomed much better.

Blog Entries

Clark is already running with the 1s and with Dickson is out for at least the first game. How comfortable are they with Clark at 34 and Furstenburg as a rookie as their only receiving TEs available against Denver? It comes down to him or Bajema. Bajema is not much of a threat offensively and played 2012 without a catch. I'd like to see them keep 4 and they can let someone go in week 8 for Asa. By then Furstenburg should be groomed much better.
    Another thing to keep in mind is KJ could be played as a TE. I think this is the way I am leaning as of late.