Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Ravens have had a long history of UDFAs coming out of nowhere and making big contributions to the team. The difference here is it's always been on the defensive side. Jameel McClain, Dannell Ellerbe, Bryan Hall, Bart Scott, Will Demps, Ronnie Prude...

Deonte's name was very hot coming out of OTAs last year. He showed up very well in practices, which is why he earned a spot on the 53 man roster and a shot at being the primary KOR. Struggled a bit, but remained with the team. I hope he does step up, it'd be a great story. Sadly, seems like we've all but given up on LQW, he was a guy I thought might be a gem a year or two ago.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

There was one play last year where flacco threw to thompson out of bounds and he still went up and got it like it was nothin, im telling watch out for Deonte, doss is too damn soft and reed we already know what we gettin from him, williams could even beat them two out, and dont count out Streeter either. That 3rd spot is going to be hot stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    On the day when former Ravens great Ray Lewis announced his retirement last season, one AFC head coach said: "Now, we'll find out if little Johnny can coach."
    Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2ZoeDVWFl
    Preston finishes the paragraph with, "It's official now: This is Harbaugh's team."

Seriously, how many goddam times have we read that exact quote over the last 5 years? "Now it's official, it's Harbaugh's team." Oh wait, NOW it's official. No, now it's official.

Now?

How about now?

Jesus, shut up Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Funny, I don't remember making the playoffs every year before John got here.
    Yes! Damn right.

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏
    Joe flacco 'we're not going to apologize for thinking we're a good football team'

Blog Entries

ESPN still thinks we're a team to be dismissed. Jeffri Chadiha with this NFL section cover story...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...ine-von-miller

For those who believe the Baltimore Ravens pose a substantial threat in the season opener because they are the defending Super Bowl champions, think again. That game will be played in Denver, and the Ravens won't be nearly as scary as they were at the end of last season. Baltimore is replacing several key leaders (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Matt Birk and Anquan Boldin) and dependable playmakers (Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe and Bernard Pollard). This team, one that nobody was hyping when last year's postseason began, has 9-7 written all over it.
    well, alright then. Good, it'll make it more fun when people are going "who the? how the? what the? but, but, but, they replaced a whole bunch of players, they were supposed to lose!!!!!"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    ESPN still thinks we're a team to be dismissed. Jeffri Chadiha with this NFL section cover story...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...ine-von-miller

well, alright then. Good, it'll make it more fun when people are going "who the? how the? what the? but, but, but, they replaced a whole bunch of players, they were supposed to lose!!!!!"
    name a year we have been picked to be the best in preseason at a high rate? seems to me were consistently picked as a fringe playoff team that just happens to be consistently able to prove them wrong. Even years weve been picked to win our division somewhat commonly (rare in itself), weve typically been assumed to be in the divisional round at best. Let the haters hate, games arent played in July.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Here's a priceless little gem/video of Suggs calling Bayless a douche bag. He slammed JOe calling him Joe Fluke-O.
    Suggs has been one of Joes greatest defenders even when his own fans were slamming him a couple of years ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1224028.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-24-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Blog Entries

I just laugh at that story, because it's just clearly hack journalism. I mean, obviously it's meant for the Denver fans, but they list all these pieces we lost and fail to mention any that we added back...namely, a certain pass rusher who started OPPOSITE THE SUBJECT OF THE STORY and switched to the Ravens in the offseason! I guess it's an opinion piece, so they have no need to be "objective" about it, I just think it's funny. And you are right, it is not surprising.

To be fair, PFT is doing it's offseason power rankings and they are in the Top 3 now and I have yet to see the Ravens mentioned, so we have to be in their Top 3. And people do love to rag on PFT for a supposed hate on the Ravens, so there's that.

EDIT - I missed it yesterday afternoon, we are #3. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...timore-ravens/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    OT but word out of Dolphins Camp is that Ellerbe is doing well, good for him.
    i expect him to keep the tradition of playing well or at a similar level as he did here but fans claiming he sucked and/or failed to own up when he inevitably gets older and declines.
    -JAB

So if Chadiha is tagging the Ravens as a 9-7 team, and Vegas has 8 1/2 O/U for wins for the year, ...
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    So if Chadiha is tagging the Ravens as a 9-7 team, and Vegas has 8 1/2 O/U for wins for the year, ...
    ...then why am I not betting every cent I can find in my house on the Ravens?