Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7475767778 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    4 picks according to the Ravens website.
    Ok, I was going off the joke, which was him saying he had like 8 picks, and Zriebec said it wasn't 8, but pretty close.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It comes on the heels of a Preston story that Joe Flacco of the last two weeks has looked like something is wrong, inaccurate, hesitant, etc.

Hopefully, just a rough practice.
    There are a lot of reasons that could be happening. Receivers are no good, no faith in them, missing the security blankets he had the past couple years in Pitta/Boldin, C position has been back and forth, no Yanda, etc. The fact that the offense has looked horrendous in the preseason games and this is now coming out of camp, has me a little concerned about the state of the offense heading into the season...not a lot, but a little. Still time to iron things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    There are a lot of reasons that could be happening. Receivers are no good, no faith in them, missing the security blankets he had the past couple years in Pitta/Boldin, C position has been back and forth, no Yanda, etc. The fact that the offense has looked horrendous in the preseason games and this is now coming out of camp, has me a little concerned about the state of the offense heading into the season...not a lot, but a little. Still time to iron things out.
    And Stokley and Clark are not integrated yet, which is exactly why I was pushing for the Ravens to bring in help sooner, rather than later (which they did; they did not wait until the teams cut their rosters down). It's going to take some time to revamp everything -- O & D -- but they will get it done. 2 weeks of total game full contact and people are jumping off the bridge? Pretty silly if you ask me.

Not really worried about Flacco throwing interceptions in training camp. You would think the Ravens secondary would now have plenty of reasons to intercept him after playing against him these last 2 or 3 weeks. If the secondary hasn't figured out Flacco and some of his movements , they need to be replaced. Joe will do what needs to be done on game day. If he has time(hear that McKinny and the rest of the OL) and the receivers make a play for the ball, Ravens will always have a chance to win. Don't hear much about Rice and the OL not doing much with the run. Don't let preston(wonder how many donuts he has dropped in his lifetime) start his crap already. Ravens 1st team on both sides of the ball, haven't shown much for other teams to pick up on. It's only preseason, let Atlanta and the pats throw the ball and show their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    2 weeks of total game full contact and people are jumping off the bridge? Pretty silly if you ask me.
    I haven't seen a great deal of bridge jumping yet.
    One or two maybe edging close to the side rail, but more so then not, people showing a little bit of concern.

Given what we've seen so far in two pre-season games, and all the reports coming out of camp, I think being a "little concerned" is warranted until we see something other then one play to exercise those concerns away.

We'll see come this thursday whether or not folks should be tempering down those concerns.

It isn't just Flacco either.

That whole offense looks out if sink so to speak.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I am just happy to hear that all of the receivers are getting a chance with the ones. I wonder how mellette, Williams and brown looked. I won't panic until after I see the 3rd preseason game. The Oline will come together once yanda and gino get back. I think joe will find a new security blanket in either stokely or Clark. The ravens will go reciever by committee in my opinion, unless a trade happens no one has stepped up. This team is going to take a couple weeks to continue to gel. If our defense is causing joe that many problems then that's great, it's that or the recievers aren't doing their job then that may be cause for concern. In Ozzie we trust

Blog Entries

I'm not surprised the offense looked out of sync. They looked out of sync against the Falcons.

The only way to get in sync is to practice, make mistakes and learn from them.

I still think this offense is going to take 4-6 weeks to really figure it out and start playing like they can.

Thank God the defense seems primed for a stout year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I haven't seen a great deal of bridge jumping yet.
    One or two maybe edging close to the side rail, but more so then not, people showing a little bit of concern.

Given what we've seen so far in two pre-season games, and all the reports coming out of camp, I think being a "little concerned" is warranted until we see something other then one play to exercise those concerns away.

We'll see come this thursday whether or not folks should be tempering down those concerns.

It isn't just Flacco either.

That whole offense looks out if sink so to speak.
    Suggs was quoted as saying there's a difference between concern and panic. I agree with that. Like Wicked, I think certain things are just not going to be worked out before the start of the season. But I still see the Ravens as basically a 10-6 team this year. Maybe 9-7 if it takes longer to work things out; 11-5 or better if they work things out sooner.

Finding rhythm with young and new pass catchers
    +
    fastest, smartest defense he's seen in years

= many INTs
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Faster, yes. Smarter, not so sure. Not to diminish the football I.Q. they have now, but Reed and Lewis had reputations for being damn near scholars of their positions. You simply don't replace hall of fame experience.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

BPR--
    I think your point is well-taken and perhaps more profound than at first glance. Flacco has always seemed to have his "go to" receiver(s) when things get tight. This year, just about every go to guy is hurt or gone or out or whatever.

I haven't had a chance to catch the Ravens pre-season games in their entirety due to DirecTv/ NFL whiparound coverage (which is pretty cool if you want to see teasers of every game just in time to cut to something else!), so I really can only follow the team's issues by what youse guys are posting on this forum. The local media coverage is essentially Charlotte-based, so Panthers - and to some extent Falcons - dominate newspaper, TV and radio, and the Hickory Daily Record is usually focused on Crawdads baseball and high school sports. All of those caveats being said, I'll chime in that I'm concerned that the offense sounds more problemmatic than I'd prefer, but I also think there are legitimate reasons for why, and I don't think they're insurmountable. I suspect that Harbaugh and the coaching staff have their concerns, but they also see these guys day in and day out, so they are likely the only ones who really know if we're in deep kimchi at this point. And consider that Ozzie is a known "wild card" when it comes to creating a roster that may surprise.

And Suggs is correct, there IS a difference between concern (or consternation) and panic -

Consternation is when you find out for the first time you can't do it the second time;

Panic is when you find out for the second time you can't do it the first time! ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoRaven View Post
    Faster, yes. Smarter, not so sure. Not to diminish the football I.Q. they have now, but Reed and Lewis had reputations for being damn near scholars of their positions. You simply don't replace hall of fame experience.
    I agree but the defense was bad last year with ray and reed. The defense has gotten considerably better and faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free