Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6970717273 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

I really want to see Furs-and-tenburg get targeted like mad this Thursday.
    I'd like to stop thinking that he's the best receiving TE we've got, and begin to find out for sure.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 3m

New Ravens tight end Dallas Clark with a one-handed catch for a touchdown in red-zone drill. Today is his first practice

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I really want to see Furs-and-tenburg get targeted like mad this Thursday.
    I'd like to stop thinking that he's the best receiving TE we've got, and begin to find out for sure.
    Exactly. I would also like to see both LaQuan Williams and David Reed get a lot of targets in the first half, just to see if they are anything more than good special teamers. They can't keep everybody, so versatility will go a long way.

Blog Entries

@mzenitz: Harbaugh didn't say how likely or unlikely a Pitta return is but the team believes there's a chance that Pitta could make a late year return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @mzenitz: Harbaugh didn't say how likely or unlikely a Pitta return is but the team believes there's a chance that Pitta could make a late year return

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 3m

New Ravens tight end Dallas Clark with a one-handed catch for a touchdown in red-zone drill. Today is his first practice
    That's no surprise because he did that to the Ravens in the 2009 home game. I believe it was a milestone catch for him.

I know he is no longer a featured player but he's going to help Joe and Furst a lot with his 3rd down production and mentoring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    That's no surprise because he did that to the Ravens in the 2009 home game. I believe it was a milestone catch for him.

I know he is no longer a featured player but he's going to help Joe and Furst a lot with his 3rd down production and mentoring.
    That is what he is going to be, clutch target, You have to believe that if Flacco HAD to put the ball in perfect position to be caught, odds are Stokely and Clark will snag anything in their vicinity and though they won't muscle a defender, you can bet they will better position themselves to make the grabs, go down, and be satisfied with moving the chains.

Boldin, he wanted to break tackles and break defenders, that will be the difference.

"Dallas Clark with a one-handed catch for a touchdown in red-zone drill. Today is his first practice"

I like it! Now if he and Stokely can just stay in one piece for most of the season . . .

Blog Entries

We have burners. We just need stokley and Clark to get open underneath and catch passes.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    "Dallas Clark with a one-handed catch for a touchdown in red-zone drill. Today is his first practice"

I like it! Now if he and Stokely can just stay in one piece for most of the season . . .
    I hope this can be accomplished by limiting the snaps for both (meaning mostly 3rd downs).

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    But his hands are too small.

Haha that's all I could think of too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Blog Entries

Overall, when you look at this team, they haven't truly diminished significantly from their Postseason form. The defensive front has been upgraded significantly. Chris Canty is an upgrade at the 3-4 DE spot. Brandon Williams is an automatic upgrade over Cody and Kemoeatu, while Ngata moving back to more NT is a plus.

Elvis Dumervil is an upgrade over Paul Kruger. From a physical standpoint, Daryl Smith is an upgrade over Ray Lewis. He will not have the presence that Lewis had with Baltimore period, but it was clear that Lewis was a physical liability.

Matt Elam is an instant coverage upgrade over Benard Pollard and it's only a matter of time before Elam is announced the starter. Michael Huff is a physical upgrade over Ed Reed. The problem here is that Huff doesn't strike fear in QBs the way that Reed does.

The offensive line is pretty much in tact.

The reality is that this team is loaded.

Top 5 RB.
    Top 5 RB tandem
    Best FB
    Top 5-10 QB (Only because some will harp on his regular season stats)
    Top 5 vertical threat
    Two reliable possession guys
    Top 5 offensive line

Top 5 defensive line
    Best pass rushing tandem in the league
    top 10 secondary.

Top 5 Kicker and Punter.

And a pretty darn good coaching staff.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore