Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6667686970 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Camp Hardballs is providing daily pressure. If you survive this a regular season game will be a cake walk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I referred to Furst-and-tenburg also as "Baby Pitta" last night on Twitter. I think he definitely makes the roster. Far as I have read, no one has been more reliable other than Torrey.
    I've been pimping Furstenburg for awhile now. I really think he makes the team as the 3rd TE. There is no way you can let him go with Pitta and Dickson being in contract years plus with Pitta being injured.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Melette and Furst killin em out there!!! comon guys don't let these old cats take your shine claim your shit!!
    Yeh and they'll be cheap for a few years. Keep em Oz, please!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Told you guys I had a feeling about Mellette.

Furstenburg was a great pick up. Sooooo glad they picked him after the draft.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,5012805.story

IMPROVED EFFORT: Coach John Harbaugh yanked Aaron Mellette from a drill Saturday and loudly called the rookie wide receiver "lazy." Mellette responded Sunday with one of his best practices of the summer. The highlight came late in practice when he plucked a high pass over the head of safety Anthony Levine and cut between two defenders to get into the open field. Mellette might have taken it to the house if the non-contact play hadn't been whistled dead.
    INTO THE DARKNESS: Left guard Kelechi Osemele has become a media favorite because of the way he bullies defensive linemen. In a 1-on-1 blocking drill, Osemele drove rookie defensive end Will Pericak backwards and almost pushed him down the tunnel toward the locker room. Thankfully for Pericak, Osemele showed mercy.

BACK IN THE MIX: Wide receiver David Reed missed a few practices and the first preseason game with a groin injury, but Sunday he was back to practicing fully. He beat Graham for a nice contested catch in the aforementioned 1-on-1 passing drill and made a leaping touchdown catch over cornerback Asa Jackson in the red-zone drill, a sweet grab that made the M&T Bank Stadium crowd gasp. He did, however, drop one pass after getting behind cornerback Chykie Brown. Reed is known for being a move-the-chains type, but he flashed the ability to go deep Sunday.
    Out of all the guys competing for a spot at WR, Reed is the one I'm rooting for the most. If he can finally manage to stay healthy he could be a solid contributor in the slot.

OVERHEARD: "'Are you Joe Flacco?' A little kid just asked me that." — wide receiver LaQuan Williams in the locker room after the players signed autographs for young fans following practice.

Blog Entries

LaQuan should have said yes.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog/6...tadium-Session

During the seldom-seen one-on-one coverage drills, wide receiver David Reed made a great end-zone catch with cornerback Corey Graham draped all over him (and repeated it over safety Matt Elam during the team period).
    -
    Tight end Visanthe Shiancoe outleaped a gaggle of defenders to catch Flacco's end-zone Hail Mary pass as practice ended.
    -
    Justin Tucker successfully booted field goals of 53 and 58 yards, but was wide left from 64 and wide right from 67. The mere fact that he's trying kicks of that length -- and both kicks had the distance, but not the accuracy -- portends a future field-goal attempt of that length during an actual game.

Blog Entries

I would love to see Tucker hold the NFL record for longest FG. 64 yards does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Out of all the guys competing for a spot at WR, Reed is the one I'm rooting for the most. If he can finally manage to stay healthy he could be a solid contributor . . .
    I'm with you. I think he has the biggest upside of all those guys. Unfortunately, he is also one of the biggest risks due to his injury history.

Blog Entries

Damn them recievers must have a stove under their ass they responded well today the fact that 2 age old dinosaurs got signed over the weekend and Harbs bustin balls was needed hopefully it stays hot bout time these cats produce

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Damn them recievers must have a stove under their ass they responded well today the fact that 2 age old dinosaurs got signed over the weekend and Harbs bustin balls was needed hopefully it stays hot bout time these cats produce
    We have great coaches and front office. We don't play games. We get things done. We brought these guys in not to hand them a roster spot and give up on the youngsters, but rather to have some veteran talent bring the competitiveness out of the young guys. They will now have to bring their A game and win a roster spot, or we have veterans who can take their roster spot if those young ones prove they aren't up to the task. This will bring out the best in the guys we already had, weed out the never will's, and if proven not to be has been's, it also brought us some guys with experience and proven ability. It is win-win.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh may be old school but he knows how to touch a nerve in some of these guys and get them back to pissed off practice

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!