Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 1056
  1. #826

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread



    Sunday practice point of view from Kyle Casey (a guy that popped in here to post some stuff ahead of the draft).

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/baltimo...tm_source=t.co
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

    Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

    Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  2. #827
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Last edited by RavenMadness; 08-12-2013 at 07:08 PM.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  3. #828
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    I was there today, it didn't hit me until after practice that today was Yanda's first of the summer.

    The highlights for me was Stokley who looked not very rusty at all, Webb who looked like he might be ready to go, Yanda returning to practice (but he's got a ways to go before playing), and Adrian Hamilton. I was watching a drill where the OLBs line up against a few OL with a QB under "Center" and they try to get around the end OL to tag the QB. Hamilton consistently tagged the QB before the exercise was whistled over.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #829
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,921
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I was there today, it didn't hit me until after practice that today was Yanda's first of the summer.

    The highlights for me was Stokley who looked not very rusty at all, Webb who looked like he might be ready to go, Yanda returning to practice (but he's got a ways to go before playing), and Adrian Hamilton. I was watching a drill where the OLBs line up against a few OL with a QB under "Center" and they try to get around the end OL to tag the QB. Hamilton consistently tagged the QB before the exercise was whistled over.
    Dude is fast as hell.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #830
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    This catch by Torrey is freakin sick
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...5-3fdeabdfcec4




  6. #831
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    He was getting hoots and hollers from the D.

    Also, I want to make a point to say how impressed I was by our team, from a fan's standpoint. Early on in practice, Jacoby Jones wandered over to the seating and beckoned a young kid over to him. He proceeded to give the kid a pair of practice gloves and ran off, earning a huge round of applause from the crowd. My personal favorite was a few minutes later, Suggs strolled over to our bleacher, leaned over the fence a bit and asked a kid to come over. We were all laughing because he was being playfully intimidating, finally the kid came over and he gave him a high five. He then proceeded to invite all the kids to come down and give him high-fives, my son included (He's never washing that hand again!). Ray Rice was also coming around the stands a lot and chatting up the fans, and after the practice gave his cleats to a wheelchair bound young child.

    Just a lot of classy guys who will go out of their way to make a kid's day.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  7. #832
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,921
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This catch by Torrey is freakin sick
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...5-3fdeabdfcec4
    Disgusting.

    He has really come a long way.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #833
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,921
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    He was getting hoots and hollers from the D.

    Also, I want to make a point to say how impressed I was by our team, from a fan's standpoint. Early on in practice, Jacoby Jones wandered over to the seating and beckoned a young kid over to him. He proceeded to give the kid a pair of practice gloves and ran off, earning a huge round of applause from the crowd. My personal favorite was a few minutes later, Suggs strolled over to our bleacher, leaned over the fence a bit and asked a kid to come over. We were all laughing because he was being playfully intimidating, finally the kid came over and he gave him a high five. He then proceeded to invite all the kids to come down and give him high-fives, my son included (He's never washing that hand again!). Ray Rice was also coming around the stands a lot and chatting up the fans, and after the practice gave his cleats to a wheelchair bound young child.

    Just a lot of classy guys who will go out of their way to make a kid's day.
    Great to hear.

    I heard from several fans that last year kids trying to get autographs were shoved out of the way by bigger kids.

    Nice to see these guys interacting with the kids and fans.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #834
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I heard from several fans that last year kids trying to get autographs were shoved out of the way by bigger kids.
    My son said something about the bigger kids were in back, the smaller ones in front.

    In my opinion, the Ravens have done an AMAZING job fixing the autograph situation from last year to this year. Last year at M&T Bank, the 6-14 policy wasn't enforced at all, and it was basically a free for all. My son was forced to just pass his football up to someone up front and get Cecil Newton's autograph without seeing the guy sign it.

    This year at Navy Stadium, they enforced the age policy with a wristband and roped off the first 5-6 rows around the stadium for those fans only, and allowed entry only at the end of the practice. I would imagine there still may have been some pushing, but much better than last year. At this practice, he was able to get (based on my interpretation of the autographs, his recollection is spotty): Torrey Smith, Vonta Leach, KO, Wagner, Trawick, Omar Brown, Moe Lee, Will Pericak. And this was him able to SEE the people signing his ball.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  10. #835

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    My son said something about the bigger kids were in back, the smaller ones in front.

    In my opinion, the Ravens have done an AMAZING job fixing the autograph situation from last year to this year. Last year at M&T Bank, the 6-14 policy wasn't enforced at all, and it was basically a free for all. My son was forced to just pass his football up to someone up front and get Cecil Newton's autograph without seeing the guy sign it.

    This year at Navy Stadium, they enforced the age policy with a wristband and roped off the first 5-6 rows around the stadium for those fans only, and allowed entry only at the end of the practice. I would imagine there still may have been some pushing, but much better than last year. At this practice, he was able to get (based on my interpretation of the autographs, his recollection is spotty): Torrey Smith, Vonta Leach, KO, Wagner, Trawick, Omar Brown, Moe Lee, Will Pericak. And this was him able to SEE the people signing his ball.
    Very cool, he'll remember that always.




  11. #836
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,173
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Disgusting.

    He has really come a long way.
    But his hands are too small.




  12. #837
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,921
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    But his hands are too small.
    I can completely understand why there was some hesitation with him and his hand size.

    There is certainly an argument to be made that hand size does correlate to hanging onto the ball in tight coverage or making tough catches, but like anything there are anomalies (which Torrey seems to be).

    If it wasn't a factor, they wouldn't measure how long a player's hands are during the combine.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  13. #838

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Disgusting.

    He has really come a long way.
    Biggest issue with him coming out was his catch radius and always catching in on his body. Really impressive how far hes come. Is it just me or was it not really needed though? may have been the angle but it looked like he purposely didnt use his other hand. hard work and dedication does pay off. now wheres Jacoby's jugs machine at?

    also did anybody else notice the high number of INTs in that video? is that from the entire camp so far or just one day, because INTs happen in TC, but that was a bit much for one day.
    -JAB




  14. #839
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,921
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Biggest issue with him coming out was his catch radius and always catching in on his body. Really impressive how far hes come. Is it just me or was it not really needed though? may have been the angle but it looked like he purposely didnt use his other hand. hard work and dedication does pay off. now wheres Jacoby's jugs machine at?

    also did anybody else notice the high number of INTs in that video? is that from the entire camp so far or just one day, because INTs happen in TC, but that was a bit much for one day.

    No idea.

    I think it was from the entire camp because the one feed where Flacco throws the slant route to #7 (Sheppard?) was from weeks ago IIRC.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  15. #840
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    4 INTs in one camp practice isn't abnormal. I think the majority of those picks came on the same day, I recall in camp notes hearing about Suggs having the pick seen in that video, and that was on the same day as the Jimmy Smith "there goes another one!" pick.

    Yesterday, Webb picked two alone in just the Blitz drills. I didn't recall if anyone else had a pick in the other drills, but that's halfway there...
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland