Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think Doom is going to outplay Upshaw to such a point that he'll grab a lot of playing time from him. So while they both will play, I think as the season goes on youre going to see Doom mostly playing and only coming out for rests. I think hes a much better player and a leader for the D that is going to make it really hard to pull him out.
    Its possible, because he's that good of a player. However, I still like Upshaw to play well enough to at least keep it 40/60.

Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

A player being one dimensional does not automatically equate to being 'average'. Dwight Freeney is a one dimensional player. Dwight Freeney was not an average player. Randy Moss was a one dimensional player. Randy Moss was not an average player. Jamal Lewis was a one dimensional player. Jamal Lewis was not an average player.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Upshaw even saw some time at NT last year. It will be very interesting to see how Pees uses this personnel. With this ridiculous amount of versatility, there are going to be some unique packages on the field.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

We should remember this thread next winter when we talk about Suggs' contract. Suggs is easily the best run stopper of any pass rusher in the league. It's not even close and is what got him the defensive MVP award 2 years ago.

We have Suggs on one side and on the other we are using a platoon of two players, Dumervil and Upshaw, to do the same job.

Suggs is that good.

360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I loved this part

Bisciotti on the Flacco contract. I asked the owner to address the idea that the Flacco contract restricted the club from building a complete roster. He said that's nonsense. "I spent three years changing quarterbacks every year and without a good one you are going nowhere," he said. "In regards to the $120 million all it meant was we passed on Dannelle Ellerbe, but I pay a scouting staff a lot of money to find the Ellerbes."

This is a good situation for Doom. Third and short, goal line defense, etc. Upshaw is a luxury to have and Dumervil stays fresh with that rotation. On obvious passing downs they've practiced with both in the lineup. He has a unique skill taking advantage of getting leverage and is very quick. He'll definitely contribute to the quarterback pressures and sacks. He's said he's in the best condition of his career which is the same thing Suggs is saying. This is going to be fun to watch.

With all this OLB depth (Sizzle, Doom, Upshaw and Simon) I hope they keep Hamilton in some capacity He could be a beast if they develop him right.

Blog Entries

Kris Jones ‏@RavenManiac 9m
    Harbaugh was very testy today. Threatened to cut Asa Jackson in front or everyone. Pulled Aaron Mellette off the field for being lazy.

Matt Vensel ‏@mattvensel 10m
    Harbaugh got after Asa Jackson after Asa jumped into a tussle between Upshaw and Bajema. Told him to get his "squirrelly ass out of there."

Matt Vensel ‏@mattvensel 9m
    Defense was on fire at the end of practice. They picked off Flacco three times, including two pick-sixes, and got Tyrod Taylor once.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Kris Jones ‏@RavenManiac 9m
    Harbaugh was very testy today. Threatened to cut Asa Jackson in front or everyone. Pulled Aaron Mellette off the field for being lazy.

Matt Vensel ‏@mattvensel 10m
    Harbaugh got after Asa Jackson after Asa jumped into a tussle between Upshaw and Bajema. Told him to get his "squirrelly ass out of there."

Matt Vensel ‏@mattvensel 9m
    Defense was on fire at the end of practice. They picked off Flacco three times, including two pick-sixes, and got Tyrod Taylor once.
    Lol at Harbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Sounds like Harbs is getting a little chippy. But it's not one way. He's quick to heap praise on someone too.

Blog Entries

Lol Harbs is pissed i like to see this out of a coach and think with guys like Ray and Ed gone there has to be that sterness there still. But like the poster above said he is quick to give praise where its due as well.

Blog Entries

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 7m
    Harbaugh said Adrian Hamilton "played himself back into contention" for a job at OLB the other night. Said Hamilton is now "back in the mix"

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 14m
    Harbaugh said he thought Daryl Smith "played great" on Thursday. Said of Smith: "There wasn't one negative aspect of his performance"

Really like Daryl Smith. Couple of football guys I follow on twitter were very high on Daryl Smith. I can definitely see why now.

Blog Entries

Smith was always a beast in Jville a bad team and injuries left him under the radar but Jvilles Defense under Rio was always good to stout.
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 08-10-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Glad to see Hamilton was recognized. He stood out to me as well.