Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Hot damn! #5 is walking around like he's got it hanging at the knee
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I mean it's something

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2ag0WRSN5

Jacoby has been making spectacular catches all camp and every once in a while you'll hear about Reed making some plays across the middle.
    nice thanks. i remember last year the hype was about DT and a little bit about Streeter, wonder how they are doing. As Bigfish said, if 2 of the guys work out we should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm getting psyched. Balls are flying all over the field from Flacco while he's talking smack
    I don't know why but I love this about Joe. Seems like his confidence is up..

Joe has been very "Jay Cutlery" this training camp. i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    Joe has been very "Jay Cutlery" this training camp.
    that's the last thing i want to hear. i can't stand cutler's demeanor.

Blog Entries

Pierce is also having a good camp. He caught one over the middle and was hit by the
    same guy who knocked out Pitta and still scored. He shook off the hit and did a little
    dance in the end zone to celebrate.

One of the coaches was on Comcast and said teams know about Pierce now and will
    prepare from him like they do with Rice but who said he couldn't catch.

But is anyone concerned about the secondary especially with that quote above from
    the coach? I mean everyone is feasting off these guys including undrafted rookies,
    drafted rookies at the bottom like Mellete and even David Reed for crying out loud.

Something smells back there.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Pierce is also having a good camp. He caught one over the middle and was hit by the
    same guy who knocked out Pitta and still scored. He shook off the hit and did a little
    dance in the end zone to celebrate.

One of the coaches was on Comcast and said teams know about Pierce now and will
    prepare from him like they do with Rice but who said he couldn't catch.

But is anyone concerned about the secondary especially with that quote above from
    the coach? I mean everyone is feasting off these guys including undrafted rookies,
    drafted rookies at the bottom like Mellete and even David Reed for crying out loud.

Not yet. The CBs will be fine since they were here last year and are a solid group. Webb isn't out there yet either. The new safeties will benefit the most from practice to learn the defense. Prior to the last practice it was reported that the defense was dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    But is anyone concerned about the secondary especially with that quote above from the coach? I mean everyone is feasting off these guys including undrafted rookies, drafted rookies at the bottom like Mellete and even David Reed for crying out loud.

If guys like Mellette and Furstenberg are getting behind the secondary and catching long passes from Tyrod Taylor, there is only one conclusion I draw: the 2nd and 3rd team defense is on the field.

Blog Entries

Mr. Kris Jones seems to feel that the only WR that has consistently proven himself reliable is Torrey Smith. Jones had been hit and miss (Which is the ID on him as a #2, going back to Houston). Doss has been hot and cold (Which doesn't 'seem' to be his long time ID)
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Great points guys.

Yea, Tony just wrote an article about how confusing it is to watch Doss who is suppose to
    take Boldin's spot. He makes a couple of phenominal catches and drops an easy one. As for Webb, we won the SB w/o him. He's supposed to make the secondary even better and
    Corey Graham the hero in Denver is supposed to be battling JImmy for the other spot, I think.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-01-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Mr. Kris Jones seems to feel that the only WR that has consistently proven himself reliable is Torrey Smith. Jones had been hit and miss (Which is the ID on him as a #2, going back to Houston). Doss has been hot and cold (Which doesn't 'seem' to be his long time ID)
    Through no fault of their own (simply because they are human), every reporter has his/her biases. Kris Jones views things one way and reports it; other sources see the same practice and report it differently. I don't think any of the sources are wrong, but perhaps due to their predetermined expectations, likes or dislikes they end up magnifying small things or minimizing big problems. It's kind of hard to get a true picture from secondary and tertiary sources. I'm interested to see what unfolds on August 8th, 15th and 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Through no fault of their own (simply because they are human), every reporter has his/her biases. Kris Jones views things one way and reports it; other sources see the same practice and report it differently. I don't think any of the sources are wrong, but perhaps due to their predetermined expectations, likes or dislikes they end up magnifying small things or minimizing big problems. It's kind of hard to get a true picture from secondary and tertiary sources. I'm interested to see what unfolds on August 8th, 15th and 22nd.
    Yeah it's very subjective. The Sun reporting has been more optimistic (particularly about Furstenberg and Doss) so it's tough to tell what's up. Preseason games will be enlightening.