Page 35 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Jensen had a very,very small chance of making the 2013 squad. In all likelihood, he was going to be IRed after the preseason anyways with a fictitious injury, as not to expose him to other organizations. He was the #3 center in the organization behind Shipley and Gradkowski (nobody carries a 3rd string center) and the #7 offensive guard option on our roster behind Yanda/Osemele/Reid/Shipley/Wagner/Harewood. The only way he was making the team is if there were two injuries to one of those seven players ahead of him, so this is not a terrible loss for 2013.

The largest downside to this injury is that it limited the Raven coaches' ability to evaluate what exactly he could do in 2014. Coming from a small school, we didn't know much about him and really won't have too much of a good feel for him until next offseason.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/ravens_report/

Tandon with another good day

Receiver Tandon Doss dropped a pass in the flat with Smith closing in on him, but made several good catches in traffic later during the practice, including one when he leaped over seventh-round rookie Marc Anthony along the sideline
    Looks like the vets are trying to toughen up Juice

Fullback/tight end Kyle Juszczyk continues to get treated roughly. After a pass intended for him fell incomplete, linebacker Daryl Smith knocked him to the ground anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    http://www.pressboxonline.com/ravens_report/

Tandon with another good day

Looks like the vets are trying to toughen up Juice
    Good for Doss! Juice will have to deal with it like all the others trying to make the team. They're all fighting for a spot

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Remember the panic at the thought of Pitta having to carry the legendary jock of Todd Heap? Worked out ok.

I feel the same way about Juice and Dickson filling in for Pitta.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Right. We'll miss Pitta, no doubt about it. But this team has a lot of talent. If Ed Dickson can step up and realize his potential, he could have a big year. There's no reason he can't have a Jimmy Graham type season, he's got that kind of talent.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2h

Kelechi Osemele skipped ice cream truck post-practice: 'I got to watch my figure. I can't be eating ice cream.' Terrence Cody didn't skip it

Haven't heard much of anything about Jimmy Smith at CB. Anyone else hear how he is progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2h

Kelechi Osemele skipped ice cream truck post-practice: 'I got to watch my figure. I can't be eating ice cream.' Terrence Cody didn't skip it
    Cody is %!$! *&%@$

I didn't think offense could get any since the defense won the day?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    I didn't think offense could get any since the defense won the day?
    Bingo. Wilson is taking shit-stirring lessons from the Bag O' Donuts. And some of you fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Bingo. Wilson is taking shit-stirring lessons from the Bag O' Donuts. And some of you fell for it.
    It was pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I take these reports with a grain of salt. Depending on which "camp report" one reads, there are a lot of differing opinions. Sometimes the reporter's bias comes out, and what is a pretty routine practice by a player is either "underwhelming" or "outstanding", depending on the reporters' personal like or dislike of that player. But that's just my opinion and I could be way off base here.