Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Think maybe its just to show Elam even though he's looked good there's work to be done?
    That's my thinking here...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup. Notice no rookie started practice running with the 1's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Even though there are 89 players in camp, several jersey numbers have been duplicated. There are two players wearing 34 (Bobby Rainey, Moe Lee), another pair with 48 (Alex Silvestro, Brandon Copeland) and two more with 64 (Rogers Gaines, Will Pericak).
    http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog/6...r-The-Workload

And I saw 2 28s on the web site Brynden Trawick and Damien Berry

Hello, not only are you competing to make the team, you are even competing for the number with someone else, must make the players with it last year feel super confident. ;)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

In his first Ravens camp, Dumervil said he's in his best shape ever. He came in to impress
    and he did. Meanwhile, Suggs says he and Elvis will be special tandem. See Dumervil here. Eat your hearts out Bronco fans you yo yo's.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...d-1ddab01db261

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...7-46a7c0231161
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-25-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Does anyone know what the stickers on the jerseys are for? They same to be similar to helmet stickers but I'm not sure. When I say helmet stickers, I'm referring to the ones college teams like OSU use.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Elam got beat by an undrafted rookie 3 straight times and a Towson grad on the goal line. It must have been the hot weather-lol. I mean, a Towson grad beating an SEC guy? Somewhere, Mike Preston is smiling. HARBs isn't worried. His attitude is don't worry, be happy - at this stage.

The mistakes didn't seem to trouble head coach John Harbaugh

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog/6...ry-Coach-Or-QB
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Damn, McKinney has relapse and doesn't practice after gaining weight. He did great and made
    all the OTAs in the spring but must have eaten again. HARBs said his conditioning is good but
    he didn't feel comfortable putting him in practice.

Looks like it's gonna be another year of struggle. I can sympathize with him. I lost 10 lbs last
    week and it's hard to keep losing.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...9-c7607f182cc8

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He wasn't a starter in NY and he was part of the worst pass defenses in NFL history during his sole year starting in New England.

He's a good special teams guy, and a good blitzer in certain packages.

He's not a guy you'd want starting.

Yea, but the Ravens could do a lot worse. And yes, he did start while a Jet (may have only been a handful of game I think it was due to an injury).

I'm not saying he'd be a great player and would pick up where Pollard left off, Ihedigbo isn't very good in coverage, but the Ravens could do a lot worse at SS.

That said, I don't see any way that Elam isn't the starter out there. He's good in coverage and is fast as hell.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Some Pics

Brandon Williams is JACKED

Bryan Hall looks great

The Rooks

Dude, Bryan Hall looks fantastic. I REALLY would love to see him succeed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, but the Ravens could do a lot worse. And yes, he did start while a Jet (may have only been a handful of game I think it was due to an injury).

I'm not saying he'd be a great player and would pick up where Pollard left off, Ihedigbo isn't very good in coverage, but the Ravens could do a lot worse at SS.

That said, I don't see any way that Elam isn't the starter out there. He's good in coverage and is fast as hell.
    The Ravens could do worse...but I don't know about a lot worse. He's nowhere close to a quality starting safety in this league IMHO...and btw, I don't see a single record of him starting a single game with the Jets.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This is how Harbaugh sets the depth chart. Absent injury or suspension, rookies are slotted below the vets.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Dude, Bryan Hall looks fantastic. I REALLY would love to see him succeed.
    Im still skeptical as to how he translates to ILB but i must agree he looks the part and wish him success.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    This is how Harbaugh sets the depth chart. Absent injury or suspension, rookies are slotted below the vets.
    at this stage yes... positions are earned and vets get respect. come the end of TC I dont think thats the case. Best player plays.
    -JAB