Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    If Deonte wins the #2/3 spot, and Jacoby also wins a #2/3, our 3 WR set will be speed overload between Smith, Jacoby and Thompson. We will have ol' reliable in Pitta for the underneath stuff, and even Dickson presents some speed advantage at the other TE spot.

Depending on how it shakes out, 4/5 of our primary pass catchers (not including Rice) would be very speed oriented. But all with less than stellar hands.

The only hands I really trust right now are Pitta's. And Rice. Torrey is close but not quite there. I still don't trust Jacoby's hands. Nor Dickson's. And the other WRs are unknowns.
    I would say Torrey is there. He not only uses his hands well, but he adjusts during his routes (which is hard when you're going as fast as he is) to put his body in the right position.

Coaches have raved about Thompson's hands this offseason. Yes it was only OTA's, but it clearly stood out and we'll have to see. If Thompson's hands hype meets expectations then him in the slot is going to be very dangerous. Jacoby will remain the deep threat that he is. It's not like we rely on him for his short yardage catches anyway.

Too early to be concerned about hands
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    If Deonte wins the #2/3 spot, and Jacoby also wins a #2/3, our 3 WR set will be speed overload between Smith, Jacoby and Thompson. We will have ol' reliable in Pitta for the underneath stuff, and even Dickson presents some speed advantage at the other TE spot.

Depending on how it shakes out, 4/5 of our primary pass catchers (not including Rice) would be very speed oriented. But all with less than stellar hands.

The only hands I really trust right now are Pitta's. And Rice. Torrey is close but not quite there. I still don't trust Jacoby's hands. Nor Dickson's. And the other WRs are unknowns.

The Ravens could have their own NASCAR package on offense, much like what the Giants have on defense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens could have their own NASCAR package on offense, much like what the Giants have on defense.
    Yup. Like I said my only concern is hands.

Speed is great but if you can't catch the ball who cares? You'll just be running fast and not scoring many points.

I hope the reports of Thompson emerging are true. I guess we will hear a lot more reports of that nature for various players in the coming days. Always interesting to see who rises to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    Since I'm not privy to the specifics of the conditioning test, I'll throw my wild ass 2 cents out there on the topic..

We don't win the SB without Jacoby last year and since that time I would have to say nationally, he's the most visible Raven. He searched out the limelight. (Joe's contract got attention, but not because he tried to make it that way).

Maybe it's a message.

With Super Bowl winners not having won a playoff game for 8 years, why not take the guy who could have been the SB MVP and make a loud internal example of him. Don't rest on your laurels. The coaching staff won't let you. Come ready to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I agree with this.

I really believe that this is Harbaugh's way. He'll let you do whatever but he'll cut you no slack whatsoever if you fail.

Think about it this way, JJ may have failed his test by 1-2 seconds. If he had been to OTA's etc. he probably would've 'passed'.

Also he missed a day or so of mandatory minicamp which Harbs didn't expect. He fluffed it off but obviously JJ was going to pay a price if he wasn't on point and he did.

I sincerely believe that's all this was ever about. Knock the Hollywood out of his eyes a little. Plus, Jacoby's the kind of player who won't curl up and pout about this - for some guys, it could have been demotivating. I really do like Harbaugh. He seems to have an idea of what buttons to push on which people. I watched Dancing With the Stars, every episode he was on. The second to last one, he says to the camera, "I don't want to hear nothing from nobody about my conditioning when I get back. None of them did nothing like this for the off season!!" And, they promptly fail him on his first attempt! Really, coaches - that's reality-TV-hilarious, you guys are a riot!

Quote Originally Posted by He/Ate/the/Box View Post
    Yea when people lose 20lbs you usually can tell. I can't tell from this pic.
    ...because hes a black guy wearing loose black clothing and his torso area is partially covered by a towel.
    Last edited by landspeed; 07-25-2013 at 11:54 AM.

BR.com said they will be live streaming practice in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bighoop70 View Post
    Awesome! I saw some other teams websites doing this and hoped BR.com followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by bighoop70 View Post
    Link please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Link please.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Link please.
    Uhh ...

BR.com = baltimoreravens.com

Blog Entries

I don't see anything. The practice couldn't have been blacked out in this area due to low attendance. We're the Ravens, not the Buccaneers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't see anything. The practice couldn't have been blacked out in this area due to low attendance.
    Isn't that why they moved it to the castle in the first place. I remember all the black outs we had at McDaniel. Sooooo hard to fill that big open space.