Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Torrey Smith is another one that's jacked. Saw the dude at an event and he's way thicker than i thought...

For those who believe the Baltimore Ravens pose a substantial threat in the season opener because they are the defending Super Bowl champions, think again. That game will be played in Denver, and the Ravens won't be nearly as scary as they were at the end of last season. Baltimore is replacing several key leaders (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Matt Birk and Anquan Boldin) and dependable playmakers (Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe and Bernard Pollard). This team, one that nobody was hyping when last year's postseason began, has 9-7 written all over it.
    This is the mantra that is continuously regurgitated by lazy media. It's easy and popular.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is the mantra that is continuously regurgitated by lazy media. It's easy and popular.
    Predictions are like assholes. They stink and what comes out of them usually can just be

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Some pics

That guy in the blue plaid shorts standing behind Berry (#28)..... is that Chad Steele? I thought he left for a job with Cleveland.

LMAO at the Chadiha story. Just par for the course. Not even the Giants last year were as dismissed as we've been. The more things change.... :hammer:
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Journalism is dead. Nothing matters any more but making money <= generating advertising revenue <= maximizing page views (of the biggest suckers, um, likeliest customers). People don't know what to believe any more so they believe whatever they want: simple story lines comprehensible by an IQ of 80 that support what they want to happen. Ravens fit nicely into black-hat territory because they have a distressing habit of dismantling popular teams, & will be kept there by the greedia (why do you think they keep portraying Ray as a borderline thug 13 years after the fact? why is Flacco always a doofus?) even if they win the next 3 Super Bowls because simple story lines require readily identifiable bad guys*.

Embrace it; fuck 'em with a rusty chainsaw. Winning decisively is the best revenge. (Anyone remember what they were saying before the 2006 season opener? How the Bucs were gonna crush the hapless Ravens? Final score: BAL 27, TB 0... :D)

* I was in the checkout line the other day & saw a headline about how Camilla (Mrs. Prince Charles) was "falling-down drunk" in the hospital where Kate had the baby, & I thought, That poor woman will never, ever, ever get out from under her black hat--because Princess Di still sells tabloids 16 years after her death & as the other woman Camilla just has to be blackened in every conceivable fashion to make Di's memory look brighter.

Blog Entries

Chad Steele interviewed, but didn't get the job. Apparently Cleveland was under the assumption that because Chad was joined to Ray at the hip, Ray Lewis would unretire and follow Chad to Cleveland. When they realized it wasn't so? Pass.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Ask yourself if Mikey fits this profile?

Journalism died with William Randolph Hearst whom many accused of starting the
    Spanish American War and was dubbed "father of yellow journalism."

http://www.spanamwar.com/Hearst.htm
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-24-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ask yourself if Mikey fits this profile?

Journalism died with William Randolph Hearst whom many accused of starting the
    Spanish American War and was dubbed "father of yellow journalism."

http://www.spanamwar.com/Hearst.htm
    No, Mikey isn't good enough. If he improves a lot (two words) he might move all the way up to yellow journalism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    No, Mikey isn't good enough. If he improves a lot (two words) he might move all the way up to yellow journalism.
    :word The Sad Sack of Krispy Kreme Krumbz pracitices yellow urinalism--one needs to stay well upwind of him as he relieves himself of a column.

As Charley Eckman useta put it, it's a verrry simple game (& probably the only one accessible to someone of his intelligence):

1. Make outrageous/obnoxious/offensive statement about Ravens employee (player, coach, FO)
    2. Provide source for above that sounds impressive but is so vague it can't be traced or verified
    3. Receive beaucoup page views as "Did you see what that dumb mofo said about ****?" circulates through blogosphere
    4. Cash paycheck

Blather, wince, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Chad Steele interviewed, but didn't get the job. Apparently Cleveland was under the assumption that because Chad was joined to Ray at the hip, Ray Lewis would unretire and follow Chad to Cleveland. When they realized it wasn't so? Pass.
    Pretty damn good Scally

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

Good one.

Actually, Mikey spoke to us at Nest 1 years ago and said the same thing as posted above
    about money. He said my editor just loves it when people send in letters of complaint
    about me. Each letter or post card in writing represents thousands of readers or listeners to radio stations. It means I'm selling papers. Then with a saracastic grin he said, and just think, I got someone to write about something. LOL.

So if you don't like MIkey, don't send a letter of complaint. You're only helping him to
    keep his job.

Speaking of Charley Eckman, he'd have a ball with Mikey. He always said "take a cab" so
    he'd be telling Mikey to take a cab every morning and if someone remembers Eckman's quotes, he is as old as me. :)

He's been dead a long time and retired before that.
    He was an NBA coach and ref before going on the radio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley_Eckman

It was funny after the Colts won SB 5 and Unitas was the only player to return. The
    entire team took off to the islands to celebrate when the city wanted to have a parade
    like the one the Ravens just got but nobody was here to be in the parade except
    JOhn-lol.

Eckman was pissed and dissed the entire team on the radio except John and praised him for being the only one to come home for a parade when the truth of the matter was, he returned to f*ck his girl friend. He needed a good f*ck. He must have been an all pro f*cker too because he had two sets of kids from two wives-lol.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-24-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of Charley Eckman, he'd have a ball with Mikey. He always said "take a cab"
    "Call a cab".
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell