Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5455565758 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    where are all these reports that Streeter is horrible? Ive been following it pretty closely and the common theme is nobody is standing out. Im not sure how that becomes Streeter hasnt progressed and is no longer in contention for a roster spot. We havent even had our first PS game yet. I think its early and them all being relatively equal, isnt necessarily a bad thing at this point. theyll separate themselves during game action.
    Definitely an overreaction. I've seen a mix of reports. Some say he made a nice catch, but then you get one like Aaron Wilsons yesterday that said he dropped two in the end zone. We'll see what happens come Thursday
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    where are all these reports that Streeter is horrible? Ive been following it pretty closely and the common theme is nobody is standing out. Im not sure how that becomes Streeter hasnt progressed and is no longer in contention for a roster spot. We havent even had our first PS game yet. I think its early and them all being relatively equal, isnt necessarily a bad thing at this point. theyll separate themselves during game action.
    When you are running with the third team, behind a rookie 7th round pick and an undrafted guy, it's pretty obvious he is not progressing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    When you are running with the third team, behind a rookie 7th round pick and an undrafted guy, it's pretty obvious he is not progressing.
    Agreed. That's what's really at-hand here: competition.
    For his sake, everyday, all day, he needs to be better than Mellette, Brown and the other 3's. I'm pulling for the guy, and I'm sure that he worked his @ss off in the OS, but from what I've read and seen, he's no better positioned on the depth chart than he was last year.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

There was a backhanded negative report on Streeter in the Sun last week. As I remember it, the report when t something like this:

"Every once in a while Streeter does something that reminds you that he's on the team. Today he caught a long pass. Otherwise he's forgetable."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Overreaction on this board has been on display since the dawn of time.
    FYP

oh shit. TE Ed Dickson has a slight hamstring tear and will be out a couple of weeks according the the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Go figure.

What's up Furstenburg!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well damn, at least this saves him from any further injury.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Go figure.

What's up Furstenburg!

Furst-and-tenburg will get a bunch of snaps for sure.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    oh shit. TE Ed Dickson has a slight hamstring tear and will be out a couple of weeks according the the Ravens.
    If it really is only two weeks, it has a silver lining. While he loses some time getting into sync with Flacco, it does give the coaching staff a real opportunity to see who else can step up and play TE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If it really is only two weeks, it has a silver lining. While he loses some time getting into sync with Flacco, it does give the coaching staff a real opportunity to see who else can step up and play TE.
    Great point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.