Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    :grbac:

Your hatred of Jones and love of Randy Moss are two things that I don't think anyone on this board understands.
    Most of us understand it well enough to give him a wide berth. Even a tarted-up letter opener can mess you up good if it's stuck in the right (i.e., wrong) place. :p

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He probably stopped in the middle of it and did one of those TD dances of his. Figured he would get one last one in, since Thompson's going to be the one in the endzone this year.
    Do you realize the Ravens would likely not be Super Bowl champions if it weren't for Jacoby?

I do not know why he didn't pass the test, but there could be a number of reasons why.
    Any player who tweaks a hammy or leg tightens up while doing the run would certainly stop, knowing he could injury himself. That doesn't mean he isn't in shape, either.
    No player will push himself to injury at the very start of training camp.
    Let's wait until the facts come out.
    If he is out of shape for some unknown reason, everyone can jump on him if they like.

I will wait until the facts come out about our player who made probably the greatest play in Raven history and followed that up with 2 TDs in the super bowl.

Blog Entries

Lots of players always fail it the first go around i mean look at jacoby from dancing with the stars and tell me hes not in shape??

Since I'm not privy to the specifics of the conditioning test, I'll throw my wild ass 2 cents out there on the topic..

We don't win the SB without Jacoby last year and since that time I would have to say nationally, he's the most visible Raven. He searched out the limelight. (Joe's contract got attention, but not because he tried to make it that way).

Maybe it's a message.

With Super Bowl winners not having won a playoff game for 8 years, why not take the guy who could have been the SB MVP and make a loud internal example of him. Don't rest on your laurels. The coaching staff won't let you. Come ready to play.

This is related to training camp and is an interesting quote:

On the day when former Ravens great Ray Lewis announced his retirement last season, one AFC head coach said: "Now, we'll find out if little Johnny can coach."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2ZoeDVWFl

Preston still has contact with Uncle Marvin. I wonder if he's the AFC coach?

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    Since I'm not privy to the specifics of the conditioning test, I'll throw my wild ass 2 cents out there on the topic..

We don't win the SB without Jacoby last year and since that time I would have to say nationally, he's the most visible Raven. He searched out the limelight. (Joe's contract got attention, but not because he tried to make it that way).

Maybe it's a message.

With Super Bowl winners not having won a playoff game for 8 years, why not take the guy who could have been the SB MVP and make a loud internal example of him. Don't rest on your laurels. The coaching staff won't let you. Come ready to play.
    I agree with this.

I really believe that this is Harbaugh's way. He'll let you do whatever but he'll cut you no slack whatsoever if you fail.

Think about it this way, JJ may have failed his test by 1-2 seconds. If he had been to OTA's etc. he probably would've 'passed'.

Also he missed a day or so of mandatory minicamp which Harbs didn't expect. He fluffed it off but obviously JJ was going to pay a price if he wasn't on point and he did.

Shit... maybe he has a cold... maybe he tweaked a hammy and stopped (mentioned above).... One thing I do know, is that he will be on the field come Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

On the day when former Ravens great Ray Lewis announced his retirement last season, one AFC head coach said: "Now, we'll find out if little Johnny can coach."

Sounds more like Rex to me. Sour grapes and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    You could be right. Forgot about fatboy.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Yeah, that would be my guess as well.

Of course, with Rex, it would be an incredibly ironic statement considering it was "Ray's D" that got him his HC gig, and he's surely seems to be proving that he can't coach very well without Ray! :grbac:
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

If Preston didn't just fabricate that quote then it is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read.

Yeah John just Costanza'd his way into an NFL Head Coaching Job and 5 straight playoff appearances and a Super Bowl Championship were just Ray Lewis and a little bit of luck.

Ray Lewis didn't coach this team. Funny, I don't remember making the playoffs every year before John got here.