Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

McKinnie is there...likely though just didn't pass the conditioning test. I think he'll be ok after another try or 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Wilson seemed to leave in question whether he had reported yet, rather than he's just not practicing. Come on Aaron, you're better than that.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    McKinnie is there...likely though just didn't pass the conditioning test. I think he'll be ok after another try or 2.

:word He seems like he legitimately put in a lot of work this off season but he's still a 30-something big guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

You sure you don't want to add more to that number?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You sure you don't want to add more to that number?
    Yup

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    :word He seems like he legitimately put in a lot of work this off season but he's still a 30-something big guy.
    Harbaugh definitely takes the conditioning test seriously. I would think the tests are tailored for each position. McKinney has been putting in the work, he'll get there.

Aaron is saying McKinnie is over the prescribed weight and will have to lose weight before he can practice.

We must have really put in a low weight requirement...McKinnie looked like he lost quite a bit during the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Harbaugh definitely takes the conditioning test seriously. I would think the tests are tailored for each position. McKinney has been putting in the work, he'll get there.
    Pretty sure it's the same test but different required times for each position. Obviously wide receivers are expected to do it much faster than O-linemen. It is apparently very tough and grueling. Ryan Mink, the guy who works on the Ravens web site couldn't do it in the time O-linemen are expected to and he weighs 170 lbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Wilson seemed to leave in question whether he had reported yet, rather than he's just not practicing. Come on Aaron, you're better than that.
    To his defense he worded it different than said in the thread. His actual tweet was...
    Offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie isn't on the field for first day of practice. Didn't have conditioning issues in spring, but has in past.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

The test described:

Players have to sprint a total of 900 yards, equating to nine football fields. They start at the goal line and sprint to the 25-yard line and back three times (150 yards). They get a brief rest before repeating it five more times. If a player misses the time limit for just one of the six legs, he fails the whole test.

Each positional group has to run under a certain time limit. For example, offensive linemen must run each sprint under 35 seconds with a 70-second break between each. Receivers’ times are much faster. Check out our own Ryan Mink, a 172-pound “athlete,” struggle to pass the offensive lineman test that a guy like 360-pound Bryant McKinnie has to run.

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m

Having passed the conditioning test, Jacoby Jones had a slick diving catch today. He's wearing some cool socks, stitched words: "I Got Game"

Like I said the other day, Jones failing the conditioning test was way overstated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m

Having passed the conditioning test, Jacoby Jones had a slick diving catch today. He's wearing some cool socks, stitched words: "I Got Game"

Like I said the other day, Jones failing the conditioning test was way overstated.
    Everything is around this time of year...