Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    It's not my fault, but I do take responsibility for it? Ummm....that's not taking responsibility. He still doesn't get it.

I don't think this is a matter of him Getting It or being immature. Or at least we do not have that information to blythely condemn him for it. If he really needs the drug for his health then stopping it cold turkey would be bad for said health There are substantial side effects he would feel. No responsible doctor would recommend it.

Again, I don't know if that is the case here but it sounds like that is a real possibility.

Blog Entries

Sorry, but unless we sign someone or one of our currents can be that #2 we're in deep doodoo if you know what I mean. Jacoby as the #2 will pull him out of ST and that was his main contribution last year. He's NEVER proven to be a #2 in his career.

Sorry boys were in deep Shiite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think Caldwell is going to do whatever he think will work best with the guys he's got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a good point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Sorry, but unless we sign someone or one of our currents can be that #2 we're in deep doodoo if you know what I mean. Jacoby as the #2 will pull him out of ST and that was his main contribution last year. He's NEVER proven to be a #2 in his career.

This line of thinking never sits well with me. Other than Jacoby and Torrey, no one is a known commodity at all.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post

So based on this I'm assuming you work for the team and get to view practices and film sessions regularly? Or alternatively, you're pulling this out of your posterior and have as much clue as the rest of us.

Ya know, for a team that does as much winning as we do, some of you seem to think we have incompetent fools putting together our roster.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Man, I picked the wrong week to go on vacation with no wi-fi....

So, can anyone help catch me up on the following...

Pitta is out, but Dickson is looking better than ever...Buying or Selling? Just seems like spin by people who WANT to see him do better...Also, heard Furstenburg is looking better than Shiancoe?

Is anyone expecting Jacoby/Doss/Thompson opens Week 1 as our 2nd starting WR? Starting to seem like it's not working out as hoped.

How is Arthur Brown doing? Seen some reports he's bottom of the depth chart, but also hearing he's getting better by the day...

Anyone want to put money down that Ihedigbo starts over Elam? Heard he's been doing well, but just can't see it happening.

Did I miss something? Why is B-Dubs listed as a DE, not NT?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

You missed a lot of speculation and training camp reports from BR and Sunspot. Sounds like it's a hard hitting, lively and competitive camp. Dickson is reportedly doing well. I think Elam has picked off 5 or 6 interceptions, so he's not disappearing. Defense has a lot of depth. Things will become clearer in the coming weeks. I wouldn't regret vacation unless you were at suffering at your in-laws or some other cruel torture.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So based on this I'm assuming you work for the team and get to view practices and film sessions regularly? Or alternatively, you're pulling this out of your posterior and have as much clue as the rest of us.

Ya know, for a team that does as much winning as we do, some of you seem to think we have incompetent fools putting together our roster.
    Man, I couldn't have said it any better.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I wouldn't put any stock into the depth chart. It's made up by the PR team.

Blog Entries

There is flaw in the media and message board's idea of a '#2' (.....wait a minute, that didn't come out right).

This assumes that the Ravens base package and most heavily used package is going to be two wide first off.

Second, it neglects to reinforce the reality that Caldwell is going to mix and match, depending on the situation. Doss is more in the mold of Boldin's style of play, a possession guy that CAN play on the outside if asked to, but is better suited for the slot. Thompson fits more of Jones' role, a speed demon that CAN play in the slot is asked to, but is better suited on the outside.

Maybe they haven't separated from one another, because they represent different styles and will fill different roles.

Furthermore, this idea that one has not separated from the rest does not and should not automatically equate to the #2 spot being in bad shape. It could be that they are all performing well, but the image is smeared by the media's urgency in deeming a #2 to be crowned as Boldin's replacement. It could mean that you actually have a few good options for that interchangeable spot. It doesn't mean they all suck.

Blog Entries

Good point...my evaluation in the "#2" race would be "Could this player effectively keep the passing game moving if Torrey is blanketed by the D?" They don't have to be Calvin Johnson, but we need to know we have a WR to keep the D from just throwing everything at Torrey and shutting us out.

Jacoby is most likely, simply because you HAVE to respect his speed and agility. But, his value on ST and his lack of consistency leads us to need someone to team up with him. Doss would be the ideal guy, and so far word I've heard is he's playing the best of the competition. But, he's not putting the complete package together yet.

I have to think Ozzie is going through his backup options, but I don't think he pulls the trigger YET. Need to see these guys in game action before declaring the competition a bust or picking "a winner"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The offense has a lot of different ways to beat you and will give defenses fits. Teams have to respect the run and the bomb. When they compensate the intermediate passing game will be available. There's no part of the field they can't attack.