Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The Ravens could do worse...but I don't know about a lot worse. He's nowhere close to a quality starting safety in this league IMHO...and btw, I don't see a single record of him starting a single game with the Jets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Sorry, he started for the Patriots at SS after they released Merriweather and James Sanders.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=5805613&fhn=1

I can't find anything either, but I thought for sure that he started a couple of games for the Jets.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Preston's observations

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#secti.../p2p-76801384/

Usually on the first day, the defense is ahead of the offense because of the timing involved in building an offense. But that wasn't true Thursday. Even though there were some snags, the Ravens passing offense had its way with the defense and the quarterbacks completed a lot of passes over the middle.

But it's way too early to be alarmed. With so much turnover on defense, there is going to be a lot of miscommunication early in the season.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Mckinnie didnt look bad at all hes an Oline man hes not gonna have a 6pack he actually looks slimmer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Mckinnie didnt look bad at all hes an Oline man hes not gonna have a 6pack he actually looks slimmer.
    Yea, but in order to play well for an entire season you have to be in good shape.

The lighter he is, the less impact he'll have on his legs, which gives him an increased probability of maintaining a high level of play throughout the season.

If his target weight was 340lbs and he is at 350lbs, then I can completely understand why Harbs is holding him back a bit.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The tone of what Harbaugh is saying seems completely different though i believe "disappointed" was used to describe both the past years. I think he truly believes McKinnie has been working out and is in much better shape, but the weight still isnt down. <350 i see as a goal, but i dont see how thats any different than letting Upshaw practice when hes 10-15 lbs over his goal weight as well.

let him get out there and sweat it off like the rest.
    -JAB

The difference with McKinney is there's probably a weight clause in his contract. 10 pounds of excessive weight on a guy 350 lbs. is not a big deal. I'm not worried about him yet, it's still July and at least he's been working out and reportedly in good condition.

Blog Entries

Solo thats what camp is for if hes not that far from his goal why not let him suit up and get some work in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Solo thats what camp is for if hes not that far from his goal why not let him suit up and get some work in?
    Maybe it's the "these are the agreed to goals, and cutting corners now creates a problem down the road" scenario. No short cuts if it was an agreed upon goal. Maybe there weren't agreed upon goals for other players who are a bit overweight. Besides, I don't think they made him stand around in street clothes. I am sure McKinnie was working out at the facility somewhere to remove some weight. He just wasn't getting on the practice field, and as a veteran that isn't nearly as crucial as it is for a rookie. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be re BMac. Its "only" 10 lbs which in the grand scheme of things is not all THAT bad. He should be able to lose that fairly easy. It's not like a couple years ago when he came in way way overweight. But maybe this is just me trying to be optimistic and wishful thinking that this isnt a big deal.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

One thing for sure for, from the pics i seen he looks 100xs better than he did last year this time.

my guess is that there is a good chance McKinnie does not make it to the regular season with the Ravens. How many times do you need to be kicked in the nuts before you figure out that it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
    my guess is that there is a good chance McKinnie does not make it to the regular season with the Ravens. How many times do you need to be kicked in the nuts before you figure out that it hurts?
    I doubt this is the case. Ravens know he has issues and the Ravens also know when he plays the O-Line is better. They will get him in line and he will be fine.