Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Thank you. I have that pic of Ameche on my wall next to Arty's autographed pic but I don't
    remember anything about not having ink pens. I fact, in the 50s
    and 60s we could hold cigs. My dad would send me to the drug store for a pack of cigs and
    give me a quarter and he'd get a dime back in change.
    The pencil was smart. I do remember ruining several shirts and pants in my youth when the ink pen exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Thank you. I have that pic of Ameche on my wall next to Arty's autographed pic but I don't
    remember anything about not having ink pens. I fact, in the 50s
    and 60s we could hold cigs. My dad would send me to the drug store for a pack of cigs and
    give me a quarter and he'd get a dime back in change.
    I think it was just a house rule for him and his brother. He went to Catholic school and he is a year older than my mother who also went to Catholic school. I know they used those ink well pens back then. Maybe that's what he meant. I have another picture you will like, BigFish and Air.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

HK-
    Hey, I've had that guy's (and son's ;)) BBQ! Pretty good stuff!

Yeah Beau, it is pretty good. A little coincidence, my wife and daughter have 6 horses that we rent a barn and pasture to keep them in. (Our neighbors in Parkville are very thankful for that fact I'm sure;) ) The house right next to our pasture is none other than Andy Nelson Sr.'s. Now I have had a copy of that picture for about 7 years and we just started renting the barn and pasture back in March.

Barbecue and old books. And so we wait for the games to begin LOL!

On the Bryan hall topic, my line of thinking is if they have every opportunity for Sergio kindle to make the team when he showed the heart to try and get back on the field. They will give hall the same chances with less dire circumstances

Blog Entries

It's not hard to see where Wicked is coming from when you run down the list of guys who they've kept much longer than their expectancy. Demetrius Williams comes to mind as well.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I just don't think they would ask the kid to drop 50lbs and learn a brand new position if they didn't think he could make the team at that position.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I keep thinking of the Kruger experiment, how bulking him up and trying him on the line wasn't gangbusters, but it did school him on techniques, that when he went back to LB size, suddenly he was a force with lineman moves.

So I'm thinking maybe Hall can be a close to the line LB..... outside doesn't quite make as much sense to me, but if it is to give him the pass defense experience (which he will need inside but won't get as much of in reps),
    I also think he has an edge (no pun intended) at a roster spot due to time investment.
    What now needs to be seen is ST, and does the weight loss yield greater effectiveness/contributing there? If so he makes the 53.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Jason Butt ‏@JasonHButt 1h

Another TE that had a good day was Matt Furstenburg. Caught a deep pass down the seam for a TD. Was left wide open. Impressed w/ his speed.

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 47m

Harbaugh said of Furstenburg: "He's playing himself into a possible opportunity to make the team"

My prediction is coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Another TE that had a good day was Matt Furstenburg. Caught a deep pass down the seam for a TD. Was left wide open. Impressed w/ his speed.

Harbaugh said of Furstenburg: "He's playing himself into a possible opportunity to make the team"

Nice, he fell into a good situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Keep it up Fursty!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.