Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6869707172 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I was there today, it didn't hit me until after practice that today was Yanda's first of the summer.

The highlights for me was Stokley who looked not very rusty at all, Webb who looked like he might be ready to go, Yanda returning to practice (but he's got a ways to go before playing), and Adrian Hamilton. I was watching a drill where the OLBs line up against a few OL with a QB under "Center" and they try to get around the end OL to tag the QB. Hamilton consistently tagged the QB before the exercise was whistled over.
    Dude is fast as hell.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

This catch by Torrey is freakin sick
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...5-3fdeabdfcec4

Blog Entries

He was getting hoots and hollers from the D.

Also, I want to make a point to say how impressed I was by our team, from a fan's standpoint. Early on in practice, Jacoby Jones wandered over to the seating and beckoned a young kid over to him. He proceeded to give the kid a pair of practice gloves and ran off, earning a huge round of applause from the crowd. My personal favorite was a few minutes later, Suggs strolled over to our bleacher, leaned over the fence a bit and asked a kid to come over. We were all laughing because he was being playfully intimidating, finally the kid came over and he gave him a high five. He then proceeded to invite all the kids to come down and give him high-fives, my son included (He's never washing that hand again!). Ray Rice was also coming around the stands a lot and chatting up the fans, and after the practice gave his cleats to a wheelchair bound young child.

Just a lot of classy guys who will go out of their way to make a kid's day.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This catch by Torrey is freakin sick
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...5-3fdeabdfcec4
    Disgusting.

He has really come a long way.

Blog Entries

He was getting hoots and hollers from the D.

Also, I want to make a point to say how impressed I was by our team, from a fan's standpoint. Early on in practice, Jacoby Jones wandered over to the seating and beckoned a young kid over to him. He proceeded to give the kid a pair of practice gloves and ran off, earning a huge round of applause from the crowd. My personal favorite was a few minutes later, Suggs strolled over to our bleacher, leaned over the fence a bit and asked a kid to come over. We were all laughing because he was being playfully intimidating, finally the kid came over and he gave him a high five. He then proceeded to invite all the kids to come down and give him high-fives, my son included (He's never washing that hand again!). Ray Rice was also coming around the stands a lot and chatting up the fans, and after the practice gave his cleats to a wheelchair bound young child.

Just a lot of classy guys who will go out of their way to make a kid's day.
    Great to hear.

I heard from several fans that last year kids trying to get autographs were shoved out of the way by bigger kids.

Nice to see these guys interacting with the kids and fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I heard from several fans that last year kids trying to get autographs were shoved out of the way by bigger kids.
    My son said something about the bigger kids were in back, the smaller ones in front.

In my opinion, the Ravens have done an AMAZING job fixing the autograph situation from last year to this year. Last year at M&T Bank, the 6-14 policy wasn't enforced at all, and it was basically a free for all. My son was forced to just pass his football up to someone up front and get Cecil Newton's autograph without seeing the guy sign it.

This year at Navy Stadium, they enforced the age policy with a wristband and roped off the first 5-6 rows around the stadium for those fans only, and allowed entry only at the end of the practice. I would imagine there still may have been some pushing, but much better than last year. At this practice, he was able to get (based on my interpretation of the autographs, his recollection is spotty): Torrey Smith, Vonta Leach, KO, Wagner, Trawick, Omar Brown, Moe Lee, Will Pericak. And this was him able to SEE the people signing his ball.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

My son said something about the bigger kids were in back, the smaller ones in front.

In my opinion, the Ravens have done an AMAZING job fixing the autograph situation from last year to this year. Last year at M&T Bank, the 6-14 policy wasn't enforced at all, and it was basically a free for all. My son was forced to just pass his football up to someone up front and get Cecil Newton's autograph without seeing the guy sign it.

This year at Navy Stadium, they enforced the age policy with a wristband and roped off the first 5-6 rows around the stadium for those fans only, and allowed entry only at the end of the practice. I would imagine there still may have been some pushing, but much better than last year. At this practice, he was able to get (based on my interpretation of the autographs, his recollection is spotty): Torrey Smith, Vonta Leach, KO, Wagner, Trawick, Omar Brown, Moe Lee, Will Pericak. And this was him able to SEE the people signing his ball.
    Very cool, he'll remember that always.

Disgusting.

But his hands are too small.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    But his hands are too small.
    I can completely understand why there was some hesitation with him and his hand size.

There is certainly an argument to be made that hand size does correlate to hanging onto the ball in tight coverage or making tough catches, but like anything there are anomalies (which Torrey seems to be).

If it wasn't a factor, they wouldn't measure how long a player's hands are during the combine.

Blog Entries

Disgusting.

Biggest issue with him coming out was his catch radius and always catching in on his body. Really impressive how far hes come. Is it just me or was it not really needed though? may have been the angle but it looked like he purposely didnt use his other hand. hard work and dedication does pay off. now wheres Jacoby's jugs machine at?

also did anybody else notice the high number of INTs in that video? is that from the entire camp so far or just one day, because INTs happen in TC, but that was a bit much for one day.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Biggest issue with him coming out was his catch radius and always catching in on his body. Really impressive how far hes come. Is it just me or was it not really needed though? may have been the angle but it looked like he purposely didnt use his other hand. hard work and dedication does pay off. now wheres Jacoby's jugs machine at?

also did anybody else notice the high number of INTs in that video? is that from the entire camp so far or just one day, because INTs happen in TC, but that was a bit much for one day.

No idea.

I think it was from the entire camp because the one feed where Flacco throws the slant route to #7 (Sheppard?) was from weeks ago IIRC.

Blog Entries

4 INTs in one camp practice isn't abnormal. I think the majority of those picks came on the same day, I recall in camp notes hearing about Suggs having the pick seen in that video, and that was on the same day as the Jimmy Smith "there goes another one!" pick.

Yesterday, Webb picked two alone in just the Blitz drills. I didn't recall if anyone else had a pick in the other drills, but that's halfway there...