Page 1 of 40 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Training Camp 2013 Thread

With the Rookies, QB's and injured players reporting today (sort of) marks beginning of training camp and the new season. They're probably won't be much coverage until the open camp in August but I'm just glad we'll have something more than Top _________ list to argue and debate about :D

The biggest storylines:

Competition for the number 2 and 3 WR spot between Jacoby, Deonte Thompson, Tandon Doss, David Reed, Tommy Streeter and Aaron Mellette

Inside Linebacker Competition between Daryl Smith, Jameel McClain, Josh Bynes, Albert McClellan, Arthur Brown, Nigel Carr and Bryan Hall

Whether Jameel McClain will be healthy enough to compete.

Gino Gradkowski and A.Q. Shipleys battling for the Center position.

Just how much Bernard Pierce eats into Rice's carries?

Will Brandon Williams beat out the (as of now unhealthy) Terrence Cody?

Jimmy Smith's continued development.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6034940.story

"The interesting thing about Matt is he's one of those guys who's so versatile, playing strong safety, free safety and nickel," Riddick said. "Combining him with Michael Huff will make Baltimore a very dangerous defense that can dictate to offenses what they do. Baltimore won't have to substitute because of Elam's coverage ability and how he can perform in base defenses.

"He's an undersized guy, but he's not terrible undersized," Lande said. "He has to prove he can take on blocks. He also needs to be more consistent. At times, he was so quick to read and fast to get to the ball that he goes by the play. I don't see a lot of faults and look for him to be a very productive starter early in his career. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start as a rookie and is among their top two or three tacklers."
    "I'll bet you he takes Cody's gig and pushes him aside," Lande said. "This is a powerful kid who's highly competitive. He's a fire hydrant type of kid, strong, technically sound, works his butt off. He's exactly what you want at nose guard. Even healthy, I don't see how Cody could beat him out because Cody is a bad athlete. This kid can stay on his feet and move.

Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

I'm fucking pumped! Our super bowl champs are not about to defend their title.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Don't rule out LaQuan Williams at WR either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think you have to list Flacco in the list of story lines as well in terms of him going into his first full year under Caldwell's system.

Will the preparation be different? Which receiver(s) will he favor in camp? New plays? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think you have to list Flacco in the list of story lines as well in terms of him going into his first full year under Caldwell's system.

Will the preparation be different? Which receiver(s) will he favor in camp? New plays? Etc.
    Thats what I'm most excited to see. Which receiver will Joe develop the same level of chemistry with that he had with Boldin.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Here's my storylines...

Caldwell-eque: How will a true Jim Caldwell offense look? Sub-thread, can Flacco/Caldwell carry their record setting pace into this season

Run Ray Run: How will Rice be used? Also, how will he fare without Leach there (Assuming Leach doesn't return, if he does it becomes Where Does Leach Fit?)

Split Wide: How will Torrey fare as a true #1 receiver? Who will step into the starting role, who will be the #2 option, will those two be the same? Sub-threads: Is Pitta elite now? and Is Dickson about to step up?

OL Strength or Weakness: Is Bryant McKinnie ready for full go? Will Gino live up to the hype?

Brandon Williams - This guy gets his own storyline to me. He could be the most exciting rookie to watch, and in company of 3 potential starters, that's saying a lot.

BLITZ - Will any QBs be able to blink before Suggs and Dumervil are on top of him?

Up the Middle - Daryl Smith, Arthur Brown, Jameel McClain, Josh Bynes, Albert McClellan, Bryan Hall...who will emerge and will they be able to hang with the AFC North offenses?

Shutdown - Can Webb get back to top form by Week 1? Is Jimmy Primed for Prime time? Can Corey Graham keep being as awesome as he was?

Centerfielders - Is Elam ready to go as a rookie? Can Huff play as well as Pollard/Reed did last year? Can Omar Brown get back his preseason mojo from last year and turn it into regular season consistency? IHEDIGBO!

Wolf Pack - Will Tucker keep being as awesome as he was rookie year? Can Sam Koch avoid being on the cap casualty watch list? (No disrespect to him, but he's coming off an average year and approaching salary numbers that may make him expendable)

Endzone to Endzone - Is Jacoby our KR? Or can Deonte grab that job back?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Man, I was starting to get the shakes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Lots of capsules around this team. My focuses..
    1) How do Ngata and Suggs look?
    2) Who wins at Center
    3) WR and ILB depth charts

Offensive rookie I'm looking forward to seeing: Juice
    Defensive rookie...Williams

Offensive vet I need to step up: Torrey (He'll see #1 CBs all season. He best be ready)
    Defensive vet: Jimmy

And as always...

NO WHAMMIES!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Training Camp News Thread

Perhaps, the Mods would consider pinning this.....

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 6m #Ravens place LB Jameel McClain and G Marshal Yanda on physically unable to perform (PUP) list to begin training camp.

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 5m Kapron Lewis Moore (torn ACL) will be on non football injury list. Ravens have also waived WR Omarius Hines.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp News Thread

What's up with Yanda? I didn't realize there was an issue

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What's up with Yanda? I didn't realize there was an issue
    Off season shoulder surgery is what I think I read at some point.

Blog Entries

“When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!