Hall of fame game.

Probably not a big deal, just curious to know why our team, as the only in the NFL, never has been part of that game... Since 96 only seven team has not been a part of the game, Jax, Bolts, Jets, Panthers, falcons and Lions who all played in the previous decade.

Anyone.. How and why do they select like they do?

Re: Hall of fame game.

Quote Originally Posted by elland View Post
    Probably not a big deal, just curious to know why our team, as the only in the NFL, never has been part of that game... Since 96 only seven team has not been a part of the game, Jax, Bolts, Jets, Panthers, falcons and Lions who all played in the previous decade.

Anyone.. How and why do they select like they do?

The pre-season Ravens are unlikely to be a big draw half way between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. It is a feel good game with a lot of NFL alumni and the NFL probably doesn't want a bunch of fans yelling explatives at the Ravens during their feel good celebration.

It will be interesting to see what kind of reaction Ogden gets this year.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    The pre-season Ravens are unlikely to be a big draw half way between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. It is a feel good game with a lot of NFL alumni and the NFL probably doesn't want a bunch of fans yelling explatives at the Ravens during their feel good celebration.

It will be interesting to see what kind of reaction Ogden gets this year.
    Especially now that Ozzie is presenting him.

Canton experience will be okay.. as JO was quoted today (about Ravens fans):
    "They're crazy.. in a good way".

I, for one, am happy that the Ravens don't play a 5th pre-season game. We don't need it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I, for one, am happy that the Ravens don't play a 5th pre-season game. We don't need it.
    agreed and it's way too early to even have the guys in shape. happy to watch other teams in this game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    :word Although it would have been cool if the Ravens were playing on the day that the first ever drafted Raven gets his yellow jacket.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Especially now that Ozzie is presenting him.
    I do not recall Ozzie getting booed when he was inducted.

Here's an alternative explanation that's not so self-depreciating. They ordinarily choose teams that have something to do with some of the biggest names that are being inducted. And, as a new team we've only ever sent one player to the HOF. And while he's a legend here, you're not really going to set the world on fire with an offensive lineman. I'd imagine that whenever Ray Lewis gets inducted, we'll be one of the teams chosen.

I really don't think it has anything to do with hatred for the Ravens. They probably approached the Ravens about it and the Ravens said they would prefer to not play in it. Why force your team to play in 5 preseason games instead of 4?

But I am bummed that they won't be playing. I'm going to Ogden's HOF inductment ceremony and I have tickets for the HOF game as well. Figured it would be fun to see a NFL game at that stadium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Here's an alternative explanation that's not so self-depreciating. They ordinarily choose teams that have something to do with some of the biggest names that are being inducted. And, as a new team we've only ever sent one player to the HOF. And while he's a legend here, you're not really going to set the world on fire with an offensive lineman. I'd imagine that whenever Ray Lewis gets inducted, we'll be one of the teams chosen.
    Agreed; Dallas has a lineman being inducted and Parcells has links to Dallas and Miami

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!