Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Rodgers or Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    here we go again with 'Caldwell's offense' :p
    ??? Are you questioning that there is a difference between Caldwell's offensive philosophy and Cameron's? Even if you think they are similar, a huge difference is in the execution, namely Caldwell seems much better at making in-game adjustments (see Jacksonville 2011 vs 2nd half of this year's AFC Championship game).

To be clear, I think Flacco will do better under Caldwell. But to the point of this thread, Rogers is at another level. I am happy for now to consider Flacco a top-10 QB, considering that in the middle of last season many would have considered him average at best.

Lol, it's going to be a long season.

The Packers offense is always good, I expect no different. Playing in the AFCN isn't the best division for obtaining impressive stats playing top ranked defenses twice a season. Joe just needs to play his game.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Especially a receiver that really doesn't fit Caldwell's offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    ??? Are you questioning that there is a difference between Caldwell's offensive philosophy and Cameron's? Even if you think they are similar, a huge difference is in the execution, namely Caldwell seems much better at making in-game adjustments (see Jacksonville 2011 vs 2nd half of this year's AFC Championship game).

To be clear, I think Flacco will do better under Caldwell. But to the point of this thread, Rogers is at another level. I am happy for now to consider Flacco a top-10 QB, considering that in the middle of last season many would have considered him average at best.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY

Oh here you go, bringing class into it again.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Flacco
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's true but under Cam Flacco didn't do anything stat wise that really stood out. I'm betting on the fact that the addition of Caldwell outweighs the loss of any receiver for Flacco.
    Well, he was doing pretty damn good statistically in 2009 until he got injured against the Vikings. And he finished with a QBR of 93.

Blog Entries

James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb.

Packers are stacked at WR.

Look at the tape of last years games, Torrey already was getting the #1 CB almost always, and as I have posted several times, Boldin was a 4TD, 65 catch guy. He will not be missed. The combination of Dickson and Pitta, along with the young guys moving up the depth charts, will more than make up for the loss of Boldin. Joe will look like the guy most of us thought he could be, but Cam has been holding him back.

Blog Entries

Rodgers or Flacco?

My answer has to be..... either.

Yeah, I prefer Joe because I'm Baltimore and have watched him long and often, and haven't followed Rodgers as much or seen him anywhere close to Joe.

But ask me which QB I want on my team? my answer is either one

To quote Bum Phillips
    (about Don Shula) "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

Rodgers is a year older, and sat on the bench 3 years (got in 7 games), so they both basically became starting QBs in 2008. He is a year older than Joe and statistically a little ahead of Joe but that can be 3 yrs experience vs rookie (among other factors).
    But you can and will win often with either one.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Look at the tape of last years games, Torrey already was getting the #1 CB almost always, and as I have posted several times, Boldin was a 4TD, 65 catch guy. He will not be missed. The combination of Dickson and Pitta, along with the young guys moving up the depth charts, will more than make up for the loss of Boldin. Joe will look like the guy most of us thought he could be, but Cam has been holding him back.
    I agree, and I think Jones is going to have his share of long TD's this year as well.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I mean we all love Joe but I have to admit its basically Rodgers and then the rest. Joe is right there around the top of the "rest" though. And I give GB FO credit for never missing a beat when they lose a WR or two. They've always got another guy waiting in the wings and he's usually just as productive as the one he replaced. They're almost to WRs what the Broncos are to RBs.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb.

Packers are stacked at WR.
    If we had these WRs, no one would be wondering how the loss of Boldin would affect us.

The original post I made was as to Joe Flacco losing 1 WR in FA causing the Ravens hopes to be competitive next season evaporate, while Aaron Rodgers loses 2 WRs in FA and is right on track to make a deep playoff run. That has been answered already, so it's not a question of who would you chose as your teams QB, as much as why doesn't the national sports media talk the same way about the Packers after losing Jennings and Driver as much as they have the Ravens after losing Anquan Boldin?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!