Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rodgers or Flacco?

All I've heard from ESPN and other national sports media is how losing Anquan Boldin is going to really hurt the Ravens. Today I've just read in USA Today that Aaron Rodgers lost Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, yet no one is even questioning the Packers ability to get to the playoffs. Why is losing one really good WR the end for the Ravens, but losing two WRs is not the end of the Packers?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Re: Rodgers or Flacco?

Because the national impression is that Rodgers is great and that Flacco is just a system guy. Plus Driver barely played, he only had 8 catches and was inactive most games, and Jennings was hurt and missed half the season. Rodgers already proved that he could keep his numbers up without those guys.

Flacco hasn't had the chance to prove what he can do without Boldin for an extended period of time. If Flacco improves on last years numbers without Boldin they'll all change their tune but they have to see it happen first.

Blog Entries

Packers do an amazing job of keeping a lot of playmakers on the roster. They still have Randall Cobb, JJones and Jordy Nelson among others. If they can establish a running game threat watch out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I will give you a little insight.

Donald Driver is one of my all time favorite Packers, but age caught up with him. The younger guys and our depth at WR caused him to sit the bench last year, and even in 2011 he played less than 50% of offensive snaps. Last year he had 8 catches all year long. He wasn't on the field.

Jennings has been banged up the last two years. Last year he missed over half the season. He fell to the 3rd target on reads behind Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson. Yes he is a viable option, but like I said, we keep replenishing that depth at WR. James Jones would have overtaken Jennings if he were a Packer this year. We could have resigned him, we have the money, but passed. He wanted his big payday and wanted to be the guy.

So looing at the last two years from these guys, they were not major contributors. Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jermichael Finley are the main targets. We saw great stuff last year from youngsters Jeremy Ross and Jarrett Boykin. Everyone is very high on our late round rookie WR's and the train keeps on moving. We do not miss a beat with either of these two gone and that is why Rodgers is still being talked about as such.

Plus he is ridiculous. Without these guys he still managed to throw 40 TD's and only 8 picks. He gets 2 former first round picks back from IR on the OLine. And improved running game. Things are looking up.

Throw in a 108.0 QB rating.

Blog Entries

Outside of Drew Brees it's tough to compare anyone with Aaron Rodgers. Those guys are just on another level above everyone else right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because the national impression is that Rodgers is great and that Flacco is just a system guy. Plus Driver barely played, he only had 8 catches and was inactive most games, and Jennings was hurt and missed half the season. Rodgers already proved that he could keep his numbers up without those guys.

Flacco hasn't had the chance to prove what he can do without Boldin for an extended period of time. If Flacco improves on last years numbers without Boldin they'll all change their tune but they have to see it happen first.

And before that it was how is Joe going to function without Mason and Heap?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Thanks packfntk, I will admit I don't watch many NFC North games. I didn't have Driver or Jennings on any fantasy teams so I was unaware of their lack of production.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Thanks packfntk, I will admit I don't watch many NFC North games. I didn't have Driver or Jennings on any fantasy teams so I was unaware of their lack of production.
    Yeah, Ted Thompson just keeps filling that WR depth in. People may have never heard about guys like Boykin, Ross, Johnson, or White. But you will moving forward now that they get to see the field a little more in that WR4/WR5 slot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And before that it was how is Joe going to function without Mason and Heap?
    That's true but under Cam Flacco didn't do anything stat wise that really stood out. I'm betting on the fact that the addition of Caldwell outweighs the loss of any receiver for Flacco.

Blog Entries

That's true but under Cam Flacco didn't do anything stat wise that really stood out. I'm betting on the fact that the addition of Caldwell outweighs the loss of any receiver for Flacco.
    I 100% agree to this.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Especially a receiver that really doesn't fit Caldwell's offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Especially a receiver that really doesn't fit Caldwell's offense.
    here we go again with 'Caldwell's offense' :p

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!