Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Football on it's way!

Excel--
    "The two best QBs in the league battle for the thrown."

A "Freudian slip" if there ever was one!!! ;)

Excel- Clever.

T- Packerseverywhere picks 2 away games per year that draws all fans who travel for the games to a location. Mark Murphy attends, and a couple players make an appearance to say a few words. Since we travel extremely well turnout is always amazing. Last one I was at was in San Diego two years ago. We partied at The Beachwood in PB. 3 story bar with rooftop. Slammed to the gills with green and gold. Lines as far as the eye could see. We got there at 10am to spend the day there. Pep Rally didn't start until 8PM. It was pretty cool. Thousands of fans.

PS- The Jaguars have enough fans for a Pep Rally?

Houstonravensfan- LIVE for Crabcakes, and can't wait to try them there. That's what Maryland does, crabcakes and football!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Ahhhhh. That is different from what I am used to. Well, camp being almost here is still exciting anyway. I am ready for the fall just so it cools down. Crazy hot.

Can't wait to road trip it to Baltimore. I hear the city is pretty cool.

Yea, I went to almost all of the camps until they closed it. They still have some
    practices around town but it's not the same. When I retired it was nice to get
    to Westminister at 0700 and plunk my chair down behind the end zone and watch all the
    action come my way. LIke in GB, they had thousands show up for practice.

The Baltimore Colts practiced there all the years they were here and Art continued the
    tradition when he came here.

Damn shame.

That's awesome the Ravens fan base is that passionate. I respect the hell out of that.

Funny how some teams have it and some teams don't. They just said we sold out our family night scrimmage. They pack Lambeau. 75,000 for an inter squad scrimmage, do you guys do that in the bank?

Blog Entries

Yea, they have the scrimmage downtown at M^T, maybe not that many fans but there's other
    attractions in the summer like the beach in OC,MD but I think they have around 24,000 - 30,000 at the scrimmage w/o looking it up but that is just a guess. This year there's renovations
    going on at the stadium to upgrade the concourse and what not so there may be restrictions
    on how many fans can go but again, I'm just guessing.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-18-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Sweet. I am so thrilled we are going to a place with such a great fan base. We have been to some crumby places that some fans barely care about their team. San Diego, Pittsburgh when they had a bad year.

Blog Entries

Baltimore is toughest NFL stadium to play in according to this and it's from ESPN.

Bring some ear plugs because the crowd noise exceeds 105 decibels. Visiting QBs hate
    coming here. Pissburgh finished 4th toughest with their .728 home winning percentage No. 3 overall.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-its-baltimore
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-18-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Baltimore is toughest NFL stadium to play in according to this and it's from ESPN.

Bring some ear plugs because the crowd noise exceeds 105 decibels. Visiting QBs hate
    coming here.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-its-baltimore
    I'm not too worried about that. I'm sure it will be a loud hostile environment but we have been to Seattle and KC. Seattle fans kept saying that too. It wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong it was loud, but they have microphones all over pointed to the crowd and speakers all over pumping that noise out. Plus some weird buzzing noise the entire time we were on offense.

Blog Entries

That was a poll from experts that's been here.

I've been in those stadiums too and Pissburgh and they're nothing like Baltimore. Like the espn article said, it goes back to the Balitmore Colts Memorial Stadium which was called the LARGEST OUTDOOR INSANE ASSYLUM IN THE WORLD.

You ain't never seen anything like it. A guy even crashed his plane in the stands trying to
    land it on the football field after a game.

Just bring those ear plugs.

Well I am sure excited to see it. Do you bring earplugs?

I love seeing what other crowds have to bring. Here is another article on the toughest venues in football. I have been to the top 5 on this list.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...97&src=desktop

T- I have season tix to Lambeau and live in GB and have never heard of Cheese Louise. They do have tons if those cheese bras around though. Haha!

Bigfish- well we were 11th in the league in total defense last year. The perception is that GB has a terrible defense because we got carved up by kaep. We had 4 starters out injured last year. Plus we drafted DaTone Jones in the 1st round which should help with some pass rush. Getting Nick Perry back should help as well.

Blog Entries

Here's an article that the Ravens could be using a 2 TE set more since Boldin left so keep an
    eye out for it.

The good news is that the Ravens have two very talented young tight ends in Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson who are more than capable of making plays in the passing game. As far as the absence of Leach, the team did draft fullback Kyle Juszczyk in the fourth round of April's draft, but Juszczyk is more of an H-back type receiving threat and a special teams ace than a true run-blocking fullback.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...tight-end-sets