Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Fingers crossed, McKinnie seems motivated to get/stay in shape

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    Then i stand corrected. As long as we are comfortable with him at 34 we might be ok for another 2 years.
    I strongly believe that if someone (anyone) from the WR group emerges as a halfway decent player, the Ravens will likely target a legitimate LT prospect in next year's draft.

I am hoping for James Hurst out of UNC. There are some good prospects though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    I think he will play well this year either way. He played well last year down the stretch and since he was in better shape this year I think he will be able to play well for the full 16 games. So nothing new imo, they paid him some money to start and play like he did late last year. But at the end of the day we probably won't have him with us in 2014, so i'm more concerned about whether Wagner or Harewood have any potential to start. We might even see them playing a little bit to see their potential (and to make sure McKinnie isn't fatigued during the playoffs). If niether of those 2 guys step up, we might have to make a trade with the Jags/Rams/Eagles to get one of their LTs or trade up in the first round to get a T next yr.
    I'm not all that concerned with what may or may not happen in 2014. The Ravens seem to be able to get the guys they need when the time comes. There are so many options and possibilities of what could happen a year from now that it's not worth worrying about this summer, at least from a fan perspective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I strongly believe that if someone (anyone) from the WR group emerges as a halfway decent player, the Ravens will likely target a legitimate LT prospect in next year's draft.

I am hoping for James Hurst out of UNC. There are some good prospects though.
    It would make sense even if they have to move up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I'm not all that concerned with what may or may not happen in 2014. The Ravens seem to be able to get the guys they need when the time comes. There are so many options and possibilities of what could happen a year from now that it's not worth worrying about this summer, at least from a fan perspective.
    Booo!

It is ALWAYS a good time for draft conjecture and talk. :-)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Provided he is in shape and motivated to dominate, I can't name five LTs that would be better than McKinnie.

We all know how important this would be.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

When Flacco has a clean pocket, he is very good.

This is true of most QBs, but I think especially for Flacco.

When he's on we're in good shape. But he's old and could go down with injury or lack of motivation at any time. We need to begin grooming our LT of the future VERY soon. Rogers Gaines, anyone? Ricky Wagner?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    And, he wants everyone to know it!
    You're damn right.

I saw for myself. He was at Half Pints in Bel Air where I sing and where Nasty did a show and was in great shape. Lost a ton of weight compared to a year ago when he reported for camp
    overweight and got in the dog house. No mas. He's all muscle.

They had a wing eating contest and some guys were egging him on but he didn't join in. He didn't eat anything that I saw. The place was packed.

My friend is 6'1 and 180 lbs and had his pic taken with him. He looked like a
    midget next to Mac even with his weight loss. Mac even had to bend over to get his
    face in the pic-lol.

Big Mac wants another ring and is a key figure in getting one. He' totally dedicated.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-16-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Big Mac wants another ring and is a key figure in getting one. He' totally dedicated.
    Maybe so, but I doubt that's the prime motivator. He's still got that cloud of debt hanging over his head.

I remember thinking during the offseason that if the Ravens FO was smart they'd go to McK & offer not just to pay him well but also to put together for him a plan that would get him out of his financial difficulties in the next year or two. I conjecture that they were smart & did something very much like that--& that's one of the reasons he wanted to come back.

Saw a tweet yesterday...dude was about to do a spin class at LA Fitness.
    As an avid spinner, I couldn't help but lmao at the visual.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    When he's on we're in good shape. But he's old and could go down with injury or lack of motivation at any time. We need to begin grooming our LT of the future VERY soon. Rogers Gaines, anyone? Ricky Wagner?
    Gaines and Wagner both show promise.
    What if both of them stepped up after having a season under their belts?
    They both have the physical tools. They could possibly pair up to play LT and RT.
    There is a reason they were both picked up by the Ravens.
    Right now, I feel as though we are where the Niners were before last season, depth wise.
    We are a number 2 legit wideout away...we are just waiting to see if that guy will emerge from our ranks.
    If he is here and shows up, this will be another great and fun year to be a Ravens fan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Maybe so, but I doubt that's the prime motivator. He's still got that cloud of debt hanging over his head.

I remember thinking during the offseason that if the Ravens FO was smart they'd go to McK & offer not just to pay him well but also to put together for him a plan that would get him out of his financial difficulties in the next year or two. I conjecture that they were smart & did something very much like that--& that's one of the reasons he wanted to come back.
    That would be a great plan for both parties (McKinnie and the Ravens) involved. Apparently he needs some sort of financial guidance with an arrangement to get him $olvent. Connecting his physical/mental dedication to his football career, with seeing his debt fade away, would be best for him (and us) in the long run... Bc