Next year we will hear it all over again "I think this year we will finish at 500"

For any of you morons who actually believe that the team will rebound next year, remember you said that for the last 10 years and for the last 10 years they SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Then you will start the conversation, "I think if we just got one good hitter and an elite pitcher we would contend", ok get a gun, you are a loser! end it now!

Rest assured the team will make some moves this off season that will have talk radio buzzing. You die hard O's fans will get your hopes up for an 11th time and be let down.

What was the big investment this season???? Oh yeah, the bullpen. The same staff that lost 30-3, and has been outscored by 100 runs this last month. But some still bleed black and orange. If this sounds like you, find a tall building and JUMP!

We will surely hear fatboy Tom, the Angelos apologist explain to us that it is not the owner's fault, there were no other moves he could have made, and we were just unlucky. Ok, if you believe that please get sterilized.

How many times can Lucy pull the ball away from Charlie Brown before he sees her for what she is? How many losing seasons will it take to see that as long as Angelos owns that team, we will not be successful? If you disagree with me, I'm sure you sit at a poker table looking for the 5th Ace! Because you are stupid.

Personally, I would rather shovel snow and watch the Ravens, then sit in a lounge chair in 80 degrees listening to the Orioles embarass this city once again. Hey, here's a good idea, let's put Baltimore on the road jerseys. Yeah, let's further connect a midgets creation to our once proud city.

Hey, how about the new logo, you know the one where the bird has a siringe up it's a$$. Has there been one steriod or HGH scandal that they were not somehow connected with?

The funniest part of what that team does to you, is take your money, put a horrible product in front of you, and then reprimand you for cheering. "Sir, please stop making noise to support the team, you are bothering those who expected to hear crickets at the park today"

It is so sad, and if this makes you mad then you are one of those who keeps thinking that you are honorable for standing by a bunch of millionaires who let you down 162 games a year. Way to go pal How much money did you put in Peter's pocket over the last 10 years?
    Last edited by yeahravens; 09-14-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Re: Next year we will hear it all over again "I think this year we will finish at 500"

What was the big investment this season???? Oh yeah, the bullpen. The same staff the lost 30-3, and has been outscored by 100 runs this last month. But some still bleed black and orange. If this sounds like you, find a tall building and JUMP
    I know a guy on this board who has a room filled with Orioles paraphernalia who fits this description to a tee. He's like a child in a way. I would be happy to show him a tall building to leap from but he's a wacko fan and thinks the O's are great.

Great Post yeahraven. I laughed my ass off with this one.

Seriously if you're an O's fan you need to start rooting for another team. They are a pathetic bunch of losers.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Re: Next year we will hear it all over again "I think this year we will finish at 500"

Thank you, I'm glad someone agreed, and chuckled

i love baltimore and i love where i am from but when people ask me if i am a fan of the orioles i just save my pride and walk away they are worse then 10 year olds

The O's are the home team so i "root" for them, but now I'm rooting for whoever spends the most moneyuntill these lunatics running MLB recognize the need for a salary cap.

give the O's props for salvaging some dignity at the end of the season. "Walk-off Bunt" may forever be part of Orioles' fandom.
    here's hoping McPhail will be allowed to run the team. (and didn't Pat Gillick's Phillies team win their division..?)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

7. Re: Next year we will hear it all over again "I think this year we will finish at 500"

I love all the fair weathers out there. When their team starts to struggle, they look for another team to root for or bury their head in the sand until the team comes back to respectability. Who's the loser? Suck it up! The salary cap isn't the Orioles major issue. ITS THE OWNER AND THOSE IN CHARGE OF PERSONNEL. The same group of idiots who scare off any self-respecting starting pitcher out there, and the same group who will wait until the last minute and still won't sign Bedard.

Mora and Tejada both had their heads up their... when on the base paths or in the field. Roberts, Markakis, and Milar where the only position players who seemed to consistently give a crop in 2007. The team has some excellent pieces of the puzzle in place, but I have no confidence that the puzzle will ever be completed with Angelos in charge.

Honestly, it does not matter whether the Orioles "blow up everything," go for short term or long term solutions, this ownership has no clue how to do any of the above. How many times have the Orioles "rebuilded" over the past ten years? The O's also have had a top ten draft pick each year for the past ten years and their farm system still stinks? They have had countless GMs (or whatever their titles are) and now they have a guy (McFail) that took this job only to posture himself for the MLB Commish job. They hire two GMs at a time and yet take weeks to decide how to make trades. No team likes dealing with the Orioles. Bottomline is that things won't change until Angelos is gone.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!