Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlestonraven View Post

That seems like an awfully silly statement when Kaepernick has more playoff wins then Schaub already.

BTW the discussion of the semantics of the word miraculous is beyond tedious at this point.
    Yeah Kaepernic also greatly benefited from running an offense that the league wasn't ready for. Let's see how he does when defenses are prepared for him this year.

2. Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

I don't care about him or the read option one way or the other. I'm just saying you don't "need a seasoned vet" like Schaub, who has a noodle dick arm and one playoff win in a decade.

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Disagree with you here. Shaubb has proven way more than all of those guys, and has two play off wins. I like the look of those young QBs, but let's see what they can do going foward. Cam Newton also looked great in his rookie season. Out of all the young QBs, I think Luck is going to have the most successful career, and may eventually be a top 5 QB. I see Wilson having a great career too in Seattle, and his upside is as high as a Drew Brees IMO. I think I'd still take Shaubb over both if I wanted to win now. I'm really not all that high on RG3, and think he's going to be severely limited with constant injuries because of his playing style. I don't care how well he can throw the ball, he's going to tuck and run a bunch every year because of how athletic he is.
    Well he really only has 1 playoff win. The Texans' other playoff win was quarterbacked by T.J. Yates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post

Well he really only has 1 playoff win. The Texans' other playoff win was quarterbacked by T.J. Yates.
    Oh yeah my mistake. Tbf, the Texans had awful defenses up to 2011. You could have put Peyton Manning on those teams, and I doubt they make the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Maybe three to five years from now, particularly Wilson. But a serious contending team needs a seasoned competent vet such as Schaub to lead them through the playoffs.
    Not really. Roethlisberger won his first Super Bowl in his second year on a team with very strong D and a good running game.

Sounds a lot like the Seahawks to me.

I think Wilson is a SB caliber QB. I am uncertain about Shaub though but then again I don't trust that Texans team in general.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Maybe three to five years from now, particularly Wilson. But a serious contending team needs a seasoned competent vet such as Schaub to lead them through the playoffs.
    Really? How has he done thus far (when he has been healthy enough to play in a playoff game)?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Really? How has he done thus far (when he has been healthy enough to play in a playoff game)?
    What other active QBs have done any better outside of the top 10 guys though?

I guess you could say Phillip Rivers who's declined massively over the last 3 season's, but apart from him, not many QBs have had much post season success.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I'd argue for Ryan in the group with Flacco, Ben, and Eli. He's the only one in that group w/o a Super Bowl of course, but if not for one miracle play in Denver, Joe wouldn't have one either. Super Bowls are too easily swayed by too many factors.
    Including game winning passes in AFCCGs being dropped which COST Flacco a shot at having 2 rings. Discrediting the one for a play in which HE CAUGHT THE SAFETY SHORT AND THREW OVER HIM (not a miracle play, it was taking advantage of a blunder, it wasn't just heaved up) and ignoring the previous year's demise in which a beautiful game-winning-TD-pass was dropped is unfair and what continually happens to Flacco.

Would Joe Montana be rated as high as he is if not for help, like Clark's sticky fingers? I don't know, all the guy did was be the QB on a team that kept winning.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Kaep is going into his third year, after Wilson went luck had to be the highest rated rookie form last year.

I think the order of these 4 QB's joined at the hip(RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Luck) were presented in the right order. While allof these guys played great last year, and Luck was statistically the worst in many ways, he did NOT rely heavily on an incredibly gimmicky offense. I really just don't buy into the Read-Option as a long term successful offensive scheme. I think from here on out, Luck will continue to improve steadily, while he othwer three make a sharp decline before starting to climb again. All are good players and if healthy, will have successful careers, but the three runners can't do that forever. They will be forced into a dramatic change of strategy, IMO.
    I don't think Kaepernick has to rely on this "gimmicky" offense, nor did RGIII. IMO they used it to their advantage but from what I saw I think they are both going to be very good QBs even if these systems get caught up to, and they will.

Wilson I didn't see enough of and Luck played damn well with what he had.

And speaking of Luck, he came in at #10.

Schaub / Ryan will be next IMO.

That leaves Flacco, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, The Mannings and Big Ben. That's some damn good company right there.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-14-2013 at 04:38 AM.

I predict Flacco will be #5, ahead of Ben and Eli. Yes, they have two rings, but Flacco is probably the better QB in Jaw's eyes at the moment.