Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Kaep is going into his third year, after Wilson went luck had to be the highest rated rookie form last year.

I think the order of these 4 QB's joined at the hip(RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Luck) were presented in the right order. While allof these guys played great last year, and Luck was statistically the worst in many ways, he did NOT rely heavily on an incredibly gimmicky offense. I really just don't buy into the Read-Option as a long term successful offensive scheme. I think from here on out, Luck will continue to improve steadily, while he othwer three make a sharp decline before starting to climb again. All are good players and if healthy, will have successful careers, but the three runners can't do that forever. They will be forced into a dramatic change of strategy, IMO.
    Exactly! Defenses will catch up to the Read Option just like they did with the Wildcat.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Exactly! Defenses will catch up to the Read Option just like they did with the Wildcat.
    I don't think Jaws agrees with this re: Kap

This is what mobile, athletic quarterbacks can do versus man-to-man coverage, especially on third down. It forces defenses to rethink their concepts, it limits their tactical options. “I remember Kaepernick’s first start against the Bears. It was immediately evident that he gave the 49ers every dimension in the passing game. And I love the way Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman set up Kaepernick with defined reads through the use of shifts and formations.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Plus Kaepernick has a really good arm and shows the ability to read a defense. And that is the single biggest factor for Jaws. Factor 1A is mental capacity. Luck is the highest rated rookie because of those two things. Wilson is higher rated than RG3 because of that.

But Schaub not getting picked yet is, um, wrong.
    Last edited by ursula; 07-12-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I get a kick out of this debate.

As soon as someone calls it a miracle play, people come out of the woodwork and defend Joe for some reason, as if calling it a miracle is somehow offensive.

Look, it was a miracle. No, not a religious one, but most certainly a football one.

Yes, Joe made one hell of a throw. And Yes, it was fortunate that the DB horrible misplayed the ball. This isn't an either / or debate.

Calling it a miracle doesn't cheapen Joe's efforts in any way, shape or form. In fact, it only makes the play that much more amazing.
    Exactly... it was a lucky, miraculous play. Though, there's also not another QB in the NFL who has the arm-strength to make that "lucky" play.

That said, I understand why some fans are annoyed. The same analysts who minimize the play, are the same one's who call the original "Hail Mary" a great play, or the "Immaculate Reception" the greatest single play in NFL history, or the Tyree catch the greatest single effort in SB history (all plays that could've been avoided with even a relatively decent defensive play).... Then when it comes to the Mile High Miracle, they tend to emphasize how it was simply bad defense & a lucky throw.

Quote Originally Posted by lance1086 View Post
    Exactly... it was a lucky, miraculous play. Though, there's also not another QB in the NFL who has the arm-strength to make that "lucky" play.

That said, I understand why some fans are annoyed. The same analysts who minimize the play, are the same one's who call the original "Hail Mary" a great play, or the "Immaculate Reception" the greatest single play in NFL history, or the Tyree catch the greatest single effort in SB history (all plays that could've been avoided with even a relatively decent defensive play).... Then when it comes to the Mile High Miracle, they tend to emphasize how it was simply bad defense & a lucky throw.
    Those are 2 good examples that would better describe a miracle. Joe's threw it to his intended target and hit him. What is so miraculous about that? It wasn't a fortunate bounce and really was a easy catch by Jacoby. I agree with what was said before, it was misplayed for a variety of reasons, trajectory and distance. From this point forward any catch that a defensive player made a mistake on is a miracle, then prepare for miracles every game.

Blog Entries

Jaws is probably going to give Schaub props for his career resume and the reality is that Schaub could sling it in a pass first offense. The problem was that Peyton could sling it better and it wasn't until Houston changed up their strategy that the wins really started coming.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Those are 2 good examples that would better describe a miracle. Joe's threw it to his intended target and hit him. What is so miraculous about that? It wasn't a fortunate bounce and really was a easy catch by Jacoby. I agree with what was said before, it was misplayed for a variety of reasons, trajectory and distance. From this point forward any catch that a defensive player made a mistake on is a miracle, then prepare for miracles every game.
    The situation made it so. When was the last time you saw a play like that, with so many variables that needed to happen (down, distance, weather, time on the clock, etc), all come together at once?

Nobody here is saying it was a literal miracle, at least I'm not and I don't believe the talking heads are either. But from a football lore standpoint? Heck yes and that's a great thing to have from the Ravens stand point.

Blog Entries

I agree with everyone else about Schaub...no way he should be top 10. I'd take Wilson and RGIII over him 10 times out of 10.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The breakdown of Andrew Luck today was super impressive. He is good. The other ten players on his offense are relatively mediocre and he can make them look great at times.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree with everyone else about Schaub...no way he should be top 10. I'd take Wilson and RGIII over him 10 times out of 10.
    Maybe three to five years from now, particularly Wilson. But a serious contending team needs a seasoned competent vet such as Schaub to lead them through the playoffs.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Disagree with you here. Shaubb has proven way more than all of those guys, and has two play off wins. I like the look of those young QBs, but let's see what they can do going foward. Cam Newton also looked great in his rookie season. Out of all the young QBs, I think Luck is going to have the most successful career, and may eventually be a top 5 QB. I see Wilson having a great career too in Seattle, and his upside is as high as a Drew Brees IMO. I think I'd still take Shaubb over both if I wanted to win now. I'm really not all that high on RG3, and think he's going to be severely limited with constant injuries because of his playing style. I don't care how well he can throw the ball, he's going to tuck and run a bunch every year because of how athletic he is.

12. Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Maybe three to five years from now, particularly Wilson. But a serious contending team needs a seasoned competent vet such as Schaub to lead them through the playoffs.
    That seems like an awfully silly statement when Kaepernick has more playoff wins then Schaub already.

BTW the discussion of the semantics of the word miraculous is beyond tedious at this point.