Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think he is definitely deserving of that ranking. Even though he is a rookie, he was damn good last year and didn't really make any mistakes. Smart player.
    Very impressed with his arm strength. His accuracy leaves something to be desired.

It's been a while since I've looked forward to an NFC rivalry but the Hawks v Niners will be must see games for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Anywho ... Back on topic ....

Russell Wilson comes in at 12. Thoughts?
    I haven't tuned in to the segments, but hell...I'd inch him a bit higher on this list.

Over his last 9 RS games he was 67.9% pct, 1888 yards, 18 TD, 3 INT.
    That includes a 58-0 blow-out win for which he went 7/13 for 148 with 1 TD and 1 INT.
    And dig this...7 of those last 9 RS opponents finished 2012 ranked in the top ten for pass defense (yards).

His PO stats were a nice 62.9%, 572 yds, 3 TD and 1 INT.
    Two road games. Two extremely loud environments.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I know I love to watch the way Russell Wilson scramble around in the pocket to make plays.

I couldn't care less about these kind of rankings, but I will say that Russell Wilson was my favorite of all the 2012 rookie QB's. Sure, Luck and Griffin had great years. But there was something special about the way Wilson came in, took charge when no one expected it, and just seemed to electrify that Seattle offense. The guy is just plain fun to watch.

Wilson at 12 makes sense.He really came on as the season ended. And I expect that after this year Wilson will crack the top 10.

Luck is the highest rated rookie QB then. Also makes sense, especially if I am reading Jaws' thought processes right.

Here's a question then: who will be higher rated by Jaws: Luck or Kapernick?
    Last edited by ursula; 07-12-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Here's a question then: who will be higher rated by Jaws: Luck or Kapernick?
    If he stays true to his "body of work" thought process, I'd say it has to be Kap since he went the furthest last season.

Blog Entries

You keep saying this and I'm scratching my head as to why.

Altitude makes air less dense. As does cold temperatures. The more altitude and cold, the thinner the air, thus less friction.

Coors Field is a hitters dream for this very same reason.

As for "no QB is supposed to be able to throw under these conditions", Elway did a pretty good job it all those years. As did Favre.
    You named two of the greatest QBs of all time, which lends itself to my point. They both had abnormal throwing power.

Edit: Nevermind, I see this was already addressed.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 07-12-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Kaepernick comes in at 11.

So Luck will be the highest rated rookie on his list. Interesting. I would have guessed Luck would be next.

Blog Entries

So Luck will be the highest rated rookie on his list. Interesting. I would have guessed Luck would be next.
    I'm going to try and catch this segment or if it's online somewhere, maybe someone can post the link. Would be very interested to hear how he justifies this with such a small body of work but I am not going to argue with it.

Edit: Here's the link: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...wn/#kaepernick
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 07-12-2013 at 03:05 PM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm going to try and catch this segment or if it's online somewhere, maybe someone can post the link. Would be very interested to hear how he justifies this with such a small body of work but I am not going to argue with it.
    Earlier in the thread, I posted a link for JAB which directs you to each of his talking points for each pick.

Kaep is going into his third year, after Wilson went luck had to be the highest rated rookie form last year.

I think the order of these 4 QB's joined at the hip(RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Luck) were presented in the right order. While allof these guys played great last year, and Luck was statistically the worst in many ways, he did NOT rely heavily on an incredibly gimmicky offense. I really just don't buy into the Read-Option as a long term successful offensive scheme. I think from here on out, Luck will continue to improve steadily, while he othwer three make a sharp decline before starting to climb again. All are good players and if healthy, will have successful careers, but the three runners can't do that forever. They will be forced into a dramatic change of strategy, IMO.

12. Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Looks like Shaub will be about 8 spots too high.