Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

What other QB could launch it over 50 yards through the air, in negative degree weather, in the altitude, on the freaking money I might add,hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm???
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What other QB could launch it over 50 yards through the air, in negative degree weather, in the altitude, on the freaking money I might add,hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm???
    Exactly, Joe went out there and made the throw that alot of players wouldn't/couldn't have made

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

I get a kick out of this debate.

As soon as someone calls it a miracle play, people come out of the woodwork and defend Joe for some reason, as if calling it a miracle is somehow offensive.

Look, it was a miracle. No, not a religious one, but most certainly a football one.

Yes, Joe made one hell of a throw. And Yes, it was fortunate that the DB horrible misplayed the ball. This isn't an either / or debate.

Calling it a miracle doesn't cheapen Joe's efforts in any way, shape or form. In fact, it only makes the play that much more amazing.

Blog Entries

Opens up Gunslinger, a term Favre seemed to embody... the balls he forced in, the small windows he threw to (also the interceptions...)
    Flacco grew his mustache and was calling himself a gunslinger.
    But we haven't really seen much.... that was one area that Cam kept tightly reined in.
    That doesn't mean that Joe is not a gunslinger, it just means that his stats won't really show it.

Now I just wonder.... Cam out, Caldwell in, and we have 2 sterling Gunslinger examples.
    The Denver JBomb, and the Boldin window against Carlos Rogers

Here is a link to DJGallo's gunslinger rating system
    http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...linging-throne
    which gives a lot of weight ot interceptions.... of which Joe had none in this past post-season, so he flunks as a gunslinger but OMG can he sling it. We have a unique skill set that most people can't appreciate.... Jaws seems to understand far better than most what he is looking at, all Joe needs is the track record, and SB MVP sure doesn't hurt the resume gunslinger or not.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    nope, didnt watch many. Know i saw the thanksgiving day game, saw lot of highlights, likely didnt watch many other games. Saw lots of RGIII games though, and I have absolutely zero doubt that he will regress significantly this year. In fact, I would even wager that NONE of "rooks, including cKaep" will EVER have as good a season as they just had(Luck ecxluded). RGIII/Wilson and kaepernick all benefitted to an ENORMOUS degree that the read option fad was new last year. Once defenses learn to defend it, all will be forced to play a more traditional style and will suffer greatly. I'd expect the sophmore slump to be as bad or sorse then Cam Newton's, acrross the board with those 3.
    I have a $50 bet with a 49er fan at work on this very thing.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

As soon as someone calls it a miracle play, people come out of the woodwork and defend Joe for some reason, as if calling it a miracle is somehow offensive.

Look, it was a miracle. No, not a religious one, but most certainly a football one.

Yes, Joe made one hell of a throw. And Yes, it was fortunate that the DB horrible misplayed the ball. This isn't an either / or debate.

Calling it a miracle doesn't cheapen Joe's efforts in any way, shape or form. In fact, it only makes the play that much more amazing.
    HR, I totally agree. AND let's look at the other side of this coin. IF Evans catches/holds onto Joe's pass in 2011, the Ravens would have made the Super Bowl. The debate cuts both ways... Bc

Agreed. It was a miraculous play. I for one definitely thought we were very long shots to pull that game out before that down.

But it is a play that not many other QBs could have pulled off. It took incredible arm strength, quick recognition of the situation, and a big set of balls. There were other much safer options to pick up good yardage - Boldin and Pitta both - and they'd have had to rush another play. But Joe recognized that Jacoby was going to blow by the CB. He also recognized the Safety was out of position. Bottom line is the Safety underestimated 1) how fast Jacoby is and 2) how strong Joe's arm is. Joe recognized it and accepted the challenge!

Blog Entries

Except of course that lots of the time when people say that they ARE saying it to dismiss Joe Flacco. I've probably seen at least 30 separate people say something along the lines of "Joe Flacco is one lucky miracle play away from still being a nobody" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's called the Mile High Miracle. It was pretty close to that IMO
    It's also called the F-bomb. We'll agree to disagree.

You're referring to me because no one else on this thread brought it up.

Show where in this thread there was a debate? One poster stated it was a miracle, I respectfully disagreed and then we both went our way. That was over four relatively short posts.

As for cheapening his efforts IMO it does but I refuse to truly debate with you because you see things your way and I see things mine and that ain't ever going to change.

If there is a problem let me know and we can PM each other so as to not bog down the board with pettiness.