Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 425
  1. #16

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN



    Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Flacco as a competitor

    He asked Joe of the other quarterbacks in his division, who does he admire or is steadily impressed with? He said Joe said, laughing, 'Man, I am the wrong guy to ask about that kinda stuff, because, as far as other teams, the competition is concerned, I'm a hater!' Gannon quickly said that it was not said in a bad way, that Joe is just so competitive, ultra-competitive, that, really, in his mind, all the other guys can just go...then, he and Murray just laughed. 'Cuz SiriusNFL Radio is a family station.


    Flacco and the criticism

    Murray asked if it seemed Flacco was singed at all from the heat over his confidence in his own "eliteness". Gannon said the impression he gets is that Joe Flacco does not give one single damn about what anybody outside of the Ravens organization thinks of him. Seriously. "And, I don't mean that in arrogant way at all," Gannon said. "He just exudes SUCH confidence." Gannon then went on to talk about Joe's "I think I'm the best" comment that everybody flipped out on as merely an example of the utter confidence Joe has in himself.


    Personally, I LOVE that he's a "hater". Now I know I can interpret most of his press conference comments about the up-coming game as, "Yeah, fuck those guys."
    That is just awesome




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,681
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Now I know I can interpret most of his press conference comments about the up-coming game as, "Yeah, fuck those guys."
    IMHO "FTG" needs to be added to the site acronym list, as in, "Flacco was complimentary to next week's opponent but what he really meant was FTG."




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Scaggsville, MD
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Jaws has always been a supporter of Flacco's talent, and I'm sure he'll be feeling vindicated by last year's playoff performance. I can't see him placing Flacco any higher than fifth in these rankings, not until he shows some regular-season success or wins another championship or maybe both. Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, and Brees still have those top four spots sewn up. And both Eli and Ben have more statistical success and multiple rings, so seventh is the most likely spot for him.




  4. #19

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Jaws has always been a supporter of Flacco's talent, and I'm sure he'll be feeling vindicated by last year's playoff performance. I can't see him placing Flacco any higher than fifth in these rankings, not until he shows some regular-season success or wins another championship or maybe both. Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, and Brees still have those top four spots sewn up. And both Eli and Ben have more statistical success and multiple rings, so seventh is the most likely spot for him.
    agreed, you can debate the order of the first 7, but I don't think you can argue who should be included. I don't think there is another QB that deserves to be ahead of the 7 that have rings. And also agreed that 4 of them stand out. How you want to rank the top 4, up to you, as well as the next three, but IMO, there is no debate that those are the top 2 tiers and who is included in them.




  5. #20

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Jaws has always been a supporter of Flacco's talent, and I'm sure he'll be feeling vindicated by last year's playoff performance. I can't see him placing Flacco any higher than fifth in these rankings, not until he shows some regular-season success or wins another championship or maybe both. Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, and Brees still have those top four spots sewn up. And both Eli and Ben have more statistical success and multiple rings, so seventh is the most likely spot for him.
    Agree. Rogers, Manning, Brady, Brees are locks for the top 4. Ben is likely #5, unless Jaws downgrades him for durability. Joe might squeak past Eli for #6, but 7th is most probable, followed by Ryan #8.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,401
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    If were going on last season, which I'm sure Jaws is, Flacco should be ahead of Eli, Ben and Matt Ryan.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    If were going on last season, which I'm sure Jaws is, Flacco should be ahead of Eli, Ben and Matt Ryan.
    He said he was looking at their 'body of work' which I took to mean their careers so far. That's likely why Sanchez (two AFCCs) is ahead of some of the young guys who have done nothing.

    I'm not a 'list' guy but I do enjoy his detailed analysis and explanation for his picks
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    All of the great QBs' played well when it counted. So far Joe has been "Money" in the playoffs. I think Jaws credits him for that and not so much on his regular season numbers.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  9. #24

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    what is hilarious is hearing skip bayless yell from teh rooftops that RGnoKnee should have been #5!!!! and Screaming A Smith isn't much better suggesting #7 if proper.

    In Both cases they have Brady, Brees, Peyton and Rodgers as the top 4.
    SAS also has Eli and MATT RYAN ahead of him Both of them have all 4 of the young flash in the pan's ahead of Flacco and Roethlisberger.

    Sad, truly sad.

    I honestly think that 13 is a bit high for RGIII.

    top 4- as listed above, no brainers
    next 3, Eli, BigBen and Flacco
    8 - Matt Ryan
    9. Staffod
    and then to me, is wehre it starts to get tough, but to me, to get RGIII to 13, you would have to lsit the 4 youngsters all next, andnot have RGIII last. Becuase I would rank those 4 Luck, Kapernick, Wilson and THEN the busted up RGIII (michael Vick part 2). I'm sorry, but I think RGIII will have to get very lucky to ever finish a single season healthy. I think he has maybe 8 years tops in the NFL period, and likely has already played his best football. I might even have Cam ranked over him, and would even consider Cutler, Schaub, ROMO... yeah, i even went that far. So i think 13-17 is the correct "range" roughly speaking. hmm, even Andy Dalton has me thinking.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,512

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Stafford at 9 for you?!?!

    I guess you didn't watch many Lions games last season.

    Easily, all of the four rookies deserves to be higher than him based on TD / INT ratio, QBR and Wins alone, let alone he's regressed terribly since his one good season.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-11-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #26

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    I'm not going to argue over something so obviously biased by opinions. This year Peyton will be 37 and Brady will be 36. I'm not predicting their demise this year, but physically both are declining, it's a matter of time before it's obvious. Eventually they'll be rated for the player they are now and not their legacy.

    To Joe's credit, the most important games of last season with playoff elimination as the consequence of losing, Joe outplayed both future HOFers. That in and of itself is not a suggestion that Joe should be ranked above them, but he deserves more credit by the media pundits. Maybe they know something I don't, but I wouldn't trade last year's playoff run and Super Bowl trophy over flashy regular season stats. Winning when it counts is never discussed in these rankings.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,262

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    top 4- as listed above, no brainers
    next 3, Eli, BigBen and Flacco
    8 - Matt Ryan
    9. Staffod
    and then to me, is wehre it starts to get tough, but to me, to get RGIII to 13, you would have to lsit the 4 youngsters all next, andnot have RGIII last. Becuase I would rank those 4 Luck, Kapernick, Wilson and THEN the busted up RGIII (michael Vick part 2). I'm sorry, but I think RGIII will have to get very lucky to ever finish a single season healthy. I think he has maybe 8 years tops in the NFL period, and likely has already played his best football. I might even have Cam ranked over him, and would even consider Cutler, Schaub, ROMO... yeah, i even went that far. So i think 13-17 is the correct "range" roughly speaking. hmm, even Andy Dalton has me thinking.
    I'd argue for Ryan in the group with Flacco, Ben, and Eli. He's the only one in that group w/o a Super Bowl of course, but if not for one miracle play in Denver, Joe wouldn't have one either. Super Bowls are too easily swayed by too many factors.

    I know there's no love lost for Ryan on a Ravens message board, and his stats, if anything, overate his play given the offense he plays in and the receivers he has. But I still see him as a top QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm not going to argue over something so obviously biased by opinions. This year Peyton will be 37 and Brady will be 36. I'm not predicting their demise this year, but physically both are declining, it's a matter of time before it's obvious. Eventually they'll be rated for the player they are now and not their legacy.

    To Joe's credit, the most important games of last season with playoff elimination as the consequence of losing, Joe outplayed both future HOFers. That in and of itself is not a suggestion that Joe should be ranked above them, but he deserves more credit by the media pundits. Maybe they know something I don't, but I wouldn't trade last year's playoff run and Super Bowl trophy over flashy regular season stats. Winning when it counts is never discussed in these rankings.


    Excellent points here. In the AFC Championship game (2nd half in particular) Brady looked more interested in self preservation than he did in winning. I think his age is showing. And Peyton is going to be hard pressed to put up big games in January in Denver when it counts. Old and cold are a tough combo.
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 07-11-2013 at 02:02 PM.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Stafford at 9 for you?!?!

    I guess you didn't watch many Lions games last season.

    Easily, all of the four rookies deserves to be higher than him based on TD / INT ratio, QBR and Wins alone, let alone he's regressed terribly since his one good season.
    It's all opinion but Stafford threw for almost 5,000 yds last year and was second only to Brees. Even with the struggles down the stretch...
    Unfortunately all those yards didn't add up to a lot of TDs
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,262

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's all opinion but Stafford threw for almost 5,000 yds last year and was second only to Brees. Even with the struggles down the stretch...
    Unfortunately all those yards didn't add up to a lot of TDs
    He also led the league in attempts. Pro-football-reference.com has him:
    20th in yds/att
    18th in completion %

    So he threw a lot. He just wasn't that efficient.




  15. #30

    Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    but if not for one miracle play in Denver

    I am sorry if I am nitpicking but the throw in Denver was not a miracle but rather a hell of a play. Yes the db didn't play the ball correctly but that was a throw that Joe can make and honestly no one other than maybe Cutler, Rodgers or perhaps Stafford can come close to replicating. A miracle is something like throwing a hail mary and a receiver coming down with it amongst three defenders.

    Just my take




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland