Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Yeah, I agree it should be broken up. Who Knows the kinds of numbers that the Aikman-Irvin or Montana-Rice combo's could've put up based on todays "protection". Or the Elways and etc.... you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hey, there was that guy in Dallas during the 90's too...Troy Aikman. He was pretty good.
    I thought Troy Aikman was one of the more over-rated QB's of all time. Start with the line he played behind: Mark Stepnoski (5 Pro Bowls), Nate Newton (6), Larry Allen (11), and Erik Williams (6). That was one of the greatest lines ever. Maybe THE greatest.

Then you have the #1 all-time leading rusher (I would say top 5 all-time RB, but that's up for debate.) Add in a HOF go-to receiver in Michael Irvin, and an All-Pros at TE and FB. And oh-by-the-way a monster defense.

Granted, someone had to be able to get those guys the ball. But do you remember even one game, regular season or playoffs, where Aikman brought his team to victory a la Flacco in Denver, Elway in Cleveland, etc? They rode Emmitt and their D in the 4th quarter. I'm pretty sure that *I* could have quarterbacked those teams to the playoffs.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

1990 to present?

John Elway
    Brett Favre
    Tom Brady
    Steve Young
    Peyton Manning

That would probably be my top 5 for the last 20 years or so. I consider Dan Marino and Joe Montana to be more in the 1980's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Holy cow...I just came in this thread.

Brady is not one of the top 15 QB's of all time?

LMAO!
    can't make this stuff up

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I thought Troy Aikman was one of the more over-rated QB's of all time. Start with the line he played behind: Mark Stepnoski (5 Pro Bowls), Nate Newton (6), Larry Allen (11), and Erik Williams (6). That was one of the greatest lines ever. Maybe THE greatest.

Then you have the #1 all-time leading rusher (I would say top 5 all-time RB, but that's up for debate.) Add in a HOF go-to receiver in Michael Irvin, and an All-Pros at TE and FB. And oh-by-the-way a monster defense.

Granted, someone had to be able to get those guys the ball. But do you remember even one game, regular season or playoffs, where Aikman brought his team to victory a la Flacco in Denver, Elway in Cleveland, etc? They rode Emmitt and their D in the 4th quarter. I'm pretty sure that *I* could have quarterbacked those teams to the playoffs.

Yea, but you could argue that the OL Peyton has played behind and the OL Brady has played behind is phenomenal as well.

It is all relative.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

as much as i love Bradshaw,and hate Ms Brady...NO WAY ABOVE BRADY is Bradshaw
    4 rings?ok..Brady has 3
    and when people like to say Joe had an advantage of a great defense
    NOBODY EVER HAD THAT ONE LIKE BRADSHAW
    8 hof's IN THEIR PRIME(4 on offense, and 4 on defense)
    oh,and one as head coach as well,Noll
    and he also had more career picks than interceptions
    also..favre better than brady..umm,great....yea...idk though

Blog Entries

I wouldn't put Favre up there. He lost as many games as he won. From a personal perspective. I.e games he lost by throwing a late pick, vs throwing a late TD to win.

Yea, but you could argue that the OL Peyton has played behind and the OL Brady has played behind is phenomenal as well.

It is all relative.
    True, but I think only Aikman had everything. Peyton had zero defense to work with, and I'm not that sure his OL was as phenomenal as you believe it was. And Brady won his championships throwing to Troy Brown and Deion Branch, and handing off to.... well, you get the idea.

There were no weak links on those Dallas teams.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

I guess, according to your post, that Trent Dilfer could have done the same thing too (?) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I guess, according to your post, that Trent Dilfer could have done the same thing too (?) ... Bc
    Of course I'm exaggerating. I probably wouldn't have had that team any better than .500. :-)

To be honest, I think Trent could have won a SB with that team. He was real good at handing off. He won one with Qadry Ismail as his #1 receiver; I'm pretty sure he could have thrown some jump balls Irvin's way.

Of course he would not have had the long-term success Troy did. I'm not saying Troy sucks. I think he was a very good QB. I just don't believe he is as good as he is usually made out to be.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Okay, but he's not top 15.

Johnny Unitas. Joe Montana. Fran Tarkenton. Terry Bradshaw. Aaron Rodgers. Brett Favre. Bart Starr. Roger Staubach. Peyton Manning. Eli Manning. John Elway. Steve Young, Drew Brees, etc. And by the time Flacco retires, he'll be behind Flacco too.
    Oh yes. Yes I love to hate Brady, and yes unlike Peyton and Ben.. he always seems to struggle against us.

And oh no. He is for sure a top 10 QB all time, probably more like top five.

1990 to present?

John Elway
    Brett Favre
    Tom Brady
    Steve Young
    Peyton Manning

That would probably be my top 5 for the last 20 years or so. I consider Dan Marino and Joe Montana to be more in the 1980's.
    Marino entered the league like 1 year before Elway and their careers pretty much exactly overlapped. Elway won his Superbowl's late with the help of a solid defense and running game. Two other guys who did not win superbowls from that era who were GREAT QB's were Jim Kelly and Warren Moon. Kelly should have beaten the Giants in the Norwood wide right game. And Warren Moon had the best touch on a deep ball in the history of the NFL. The Oilers may have never put it all together, but it wasn't Moon's fault.