Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Laughably inaccurate.
    Okay, but he's not top 15.

Johnny Unitas. Joe Montana. Fran Tarkenton. Terry Bradshaw. Aaron Rodgers. Brett Favre. Bart Starr. Roger Staubach. Peyton Manning. Eli Manning. John Elway. Steve Young, Drew Brees, etc. And by the time Flacco retires, he'll be behind Flacco too.

Oh yeah, and Joe Flacco is the first player to ever beat Tom Brady in New England when Brady had a lead at half time :)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

Johnny Unitas. Joe Montana. Fran Tarkenton. Terry Bradshaw. Aaron Rodgers. Brett Favre. Bart Starr. Roger Staubach. Peyton Manning. Eli Manning. John Elway. Steve Young, Drew Brees, etc. And by the time Flacco retires, he'll be behind Flacco too.
    Whether or not you are basing it on overall statistics or playoffs performance, you can have one Manning or the other, but not both. John Elway had some crappy playoff games and Aaron Rodgers appears to be on his way to his share of early exits as well. In my mind, Unitas and Montana are ahead of everybody else, then you start the debate. Brady holds his own against most of the people on this list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Whether or not you are basing it on overall statistics or playoffs performance, you can have one Manning or the other, but not both. John Elway had some crappy playoff games and Aaron Rodgers appears to be on his way to his share of early exits as well. In my mind, Unitas and Montana are ahead of everybody else, then you start the debate. Brady holds his own against most of the people on this list.
    Hey, there was that guy in Dallas during the 90's too...Troy Aikman. He was pretty good.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I think you're being a bit ambitious. As much as I hate him, Brady is a beast. He's been to 5 SBs. However, I do think he's a bit overrated and personally think that as of July 16, 2013, Flacco is the better QB.

When it comes to these QB arguments we need to stop saying "well IF Matt Ryan didn't have Roddey White and JJ"..."well IF Peyton didn't have neck surgery"....."well IF Brady was on a different team"..etc. If my grandmother had balls she'd be my grandfather. The reason I love Flacco is because he adapted to his specific situation and found a way to reach the pinicale of his profession. Flacco is going to light up the NFL this year and I can't wait to see it.
    Webby, I sure go along with your way of thinking. Those who bring up the "IF" factor cannot prove their stance one way or the other. We can only go by what is. Brady was perfect in the Pats offensive scheme and has 5 SB appearances with 3 rings to show for it.
    Flacco has acclimated himself to whatever offensive strategy he was given. He was one dropped pass away from the Super Bowl under Cam, and won one with Caldwell. I expect him to flourish in 2013 because the pressure is off, and he will be in an offense he thrived in during the 2012 playoffs... Bc

And what are you basing this off of?

Brady is 8th all time in total completions and yardage, 5th all time in TD's, 3rd all time in QB rating and has three rings and a perfect regular season under his belt. He is universally recognized as one f the best that ever played the game. Average out those stat points, and he's firmly in the top 10 and you can make a strong case for the top 5 of all times.

To say he's not top 15 is still as laughable as the last claim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hey, there was that guy in Dallas during the 90's too...Troy Aikman. He was pretty good.
    Staubach was no slouch either... or Favre... and that's not even considering Graham or Baugh or some of those guys I never saw.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Staubach was no slouch either... or Favre... and that's not even considering Graham or Baugh or some of those guys I never saw.
    Yep.

I think that when we make "Greatest of All Time" lists, there needs to be some form of distinguishing between different eras of the game.

Would Tom Brady have been able to be as prolific as he is today in the 80's? Maybe, but maybe not. The game was SO different then and the rules did not favor the QB, WR, or passing game in general. Would Johnny Unitas be as good in today's game as he was back then? Maybe, it is really hard to say.

I think, and this is just my own personal belief, when assembling lists like this there needs to be a cutoff around 1999/2000. Probably another era "section" from say 1975-2000 and then pre-1975.

Holy cow...I just came in this thread.

Brady is not one of the top 15 QB's of all time?

LMAO!
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Wait, you are accusing Brady of being a game manager, but you want Bart Starr on this list? Plus apparently you ran out of names after 13, unless there was some great QB named 'etc' that I have never heard of.

C'mon man. We all hate Brady. But come up with a reasonable argument why he is not top 15 if you are going to make that zany assertion. You can start by justifying why Tarkenton, Brees, Starr, and Staubach are better in your opinion.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Holy cow...I just came in this thread.

Brady is not one of the top 15 QB's of all time?

LMAO!
    Right?

Blog Entries

i just don't even think I can do an all-time QB list...guys like Sammy Baugh and Otto Graham were incredible for their day...which was what...60-70 years ago?